Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 09:24 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times

Advertisements

Take him to Philadelphia!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, there are many, MANY cities in the USA that are just as bad, if not worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 09:26 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,786 times
Philly looked nice in that Bruce Willis movie Sixth Sense.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:26 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wow, well over a year of lockdowns and Democrats ruling everything and this is what happens.

14 months of Democratic lockdowns in Philadelphia have turned it into a nightmare that people in the poorest third-world countries wouldn't believe in their worst dreams.

The Democrats have only been in office 3 months. So many American Democratically operated corrupt cesspools are getting worse by the hour.

People in many of the poorest countries in Africa and Venezuela wouldn't believe how things are in so many Democratic cities.

Tremendous amounts of homeless individuals in Democratic setting ablaze the city just so they can keep warm.

Crowded streets almost exlcuisvely of individuals injecting Heroin.

Litter covering sidewalks and streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKKEX1uR-k
It wasn't already?

Without this single hell hole county right on the PA border, PA would be 5 or 6 points red every single election.

These maniacs drag it blue each year so that they can continue to get their government funding from the Democrats.

Sad.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:31 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,230 times
Cycles repeat themselves.

The same thing happened in the late sixties and seventies.
The cities became too crime infested and the middle class folks all left for the suburbs.
Then by the early 90s, people started moving back into cities.

The same thing appears to be happening again, cities are becoming too crime infested, and folks now want to move to the suburbs or smaller towns.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:39 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Solution:
STOP VOTING FOR DEMOCRATS....

Old 04-26-2021, 09:40 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Yeah because this is what happened when we decided to legalize alcohol. People arguing that drugs should be illegal are on the wrong side of the argument. Facts is that its a waste of time has cost trillions and nothing has happened. Drugs are illegal today yet we have neighborhoods like Kensington in Philadelphia. Give me a break
Many of those lining the streets started with alcohol, a legal substance then escalated or expanded to crack, meth, heroin etc. The law didn't mean squat to them which shows how ignorant and selfish they are. Yeh I can see 'an' argument for legalization but there's also a reason to limit access to other more intoxicating substances.

Even with alcohol a legal chemical I've seen communities, cities, towns etc ban the sale of malt liquor takeout and/or quarts of beer or malt liquor. Same for cheap wines. literally cheap wine, wanted bottles over 10 dollars so if a wino scrounges up a few bucks couldn't buy a cheap bottle and go to a near by street corner or back alley drink or gulp away. They didn't even want those airplane bottles of liquor. Many don't want those fruity wine coolers banned because the kiddies like the taste and drink more faster.

Personally I would just come down hard on public intoxication which is already a law in many areas. Same for duis, not check points but just extra patrols looking for drunk drivers. Same for smoking-anything. And if it is an intoxicating substance the penalty should be harsher.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:46 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Many of those lining the streets started with alcohol, a legal substance then escalated or expanded to crack, meth, heroin etc. The law didn't mean squat to them which shows how ignorant and selfish they are. Yeh I can see 'an' argument for legalization but there's also a reason to limit access to other more intoxicating substances.

Even with alcohol a legal chemical I've seen communities, cities, towns etc ban the sale of malt liquor takeout and/or quarts of beer or malt liquor. Same for cheap wines. literally cheap wine, wanted bottles over 10 dollars so if a wino scrounges up a few bucks couldn't go into a store and kill a bottle on a near by street cornor or back alley. They didn't even want those airplane bottles of liquor. Many don't want those fruity wine coolers banned because the kiddies like the taste and drink more faster.

Personally I would just come down hard on public intoxication which is already a law in many areas. Same for duis, not check points but just extra patrols looking for drunk drivers. Same for smoking-anything. And if it is an intoxicating substance the penalty should be harsher.

The government should not in the business of saving people from their own bad decisions. Making drugs illegal has not stopped the selling of a single punch of cocaine. And it has not kept a single person from doing drugs who want to do them. So you’re just wasting your time. It can be illegal all day long. People who want to get high are going to get high. The penalty shouldn’t be jail time. Meanwhile we’re arguing to keep coal mines open. When we’re sitting on top of a trillion dollar market and hundreds of thousands of potential jobs.

I’m not into policing morality. I would never in a million years do any sort of drug. Whether it’s against the law or not. I had a father who was a lifetime drug abuse. And drugs abuse. Dealing and using has run in my family. But I would never do drugs in a million years

Old 04-26-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
It wasn't already?

Without this single hell hole county right on the PA border, PA would be 5 or 6 points red every single election.

These maniacs drag it blue each year so that they can continue to get their government funding from the Democrats.

Sad.
Funny how no would start a thread about the neighborhood in Philly I live in. Or any nice neighborhoods in Philly. No of course we only want to focus on the bad Philadelphia neighborhoods. Because we need to make a point.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:58 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
The government should not in the business of saving people from their own bad decisions. Making drugs illegal has not stopped the selling of a single punch of cocaine. And it has not kept a single person from doing drugs who want to do them. So you’re just wasting your time. It can be illegal all day long. People who want to get high are going to get high. The penalty shouldn’t be jail time. Meanwhile we’re arguing to keep coal mines open. When we’re sitting on top of a trillion dollar market and hundreds of thousands of potential jobs.

I’m not into policing morality. I would never in a million years do any sort of drug. Whether it’s against the law or not. I had a father who was a lifetime drug abuse. And drugs abuse. Dealing and using has run in my family. But I would never do drugs in a million years
True people should not have to be protected from their own bad decisions but the public should be. I know drugs like cocaine being illegal prevented me from even trying them or wanting to hang out with people that did them. They are different if for no other reason they think the law doesn't apply to them. And if they break the law with the intoxication being their rationlale they should be arrested and prosecuted. Drunks, druggies and dealers are selfish people which is what makes them dangerous because the pursuit of their gratification is what makes them dangerous.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
True people should not have to be protected from their own bad decisions but the public should be. I know drugs like cocaine being illegal prevented me from even trying them or wanting to hang out with people that did them. They are different if for no other reason they think the law doesn't apply to them. And if they break the law with the intoxication being their rationlale they should be arrested and prosecuted. Drunks, druggies and dealers are selfish people which is what makes them dangerous because the pursuit of their gratification is what makes them dangerous.
Easy solution. Just have centers where people can do their drugs of choice. And they can't leave until they're fully detoxed. If they are caught in public under the influence they can be picked up from public for being under the influence in a public area. Similar to DUIs or public intoxication today. It's really that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies