Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2021, 04:00 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post

PS: YOU'RE the weirdo if you would actually have a serious partner who has a different political view entirely. That would be insufferable. The entire last year IS about politics! It's NOT about a virus. The virus was no threat to anyone young and healthy, but the authoritarian overreach was everyone's problem. How isolating would that be to be stuck at home with just my wife and she's some moron who thinks home-made cloth masks will keep you safe against an airborne respiratory virus? I can't deal with stupidity at all, let alone in my own household. It would be completely crazy to marry a liberal for me, I would be arguing with them constantly.
Only weirdos make every aspect of their lives about politics. Normal people can typically agree to disagree and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 04:45 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
lol... you either dump her now, or wait to be dumped when your woke gf finds a woke fit for herself to quench her woke desire...
I've told her to go find someone more compatible with her, and she could meet someone at one of the protest she goes to. She says it's usually women there and she attracted to conventional men like me. She loves me and takes me back when I leave her or go astray, so I guess I'll stick with her for awhile longer

Old 04-26-2021, 04:53 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
ask her if she ever dated and will ever date a black man.
She won't, she is pretty much just attracted to White and Hispanic men. She does fall over backwards for any cause that she thinks is black related though. She was all over the Michael Brown and Jussie Smollet thing, before it came out as lies, which didn't sway her in the least That's the part that annoys me the most, "lie after lie" and she remains the devoted little Democrat Soldier

Old 04-26-2021, 05:17 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I mean you have a clear agenda here. You seem to really have an issue with Latin people not being considered white. Though I don't personally know of any latin person who wants to be considered white. I mean you seem to really really be upset that these new categories exist. I mean would just calling everyone but black people white make you happy? I don't even get why it's a big deal. But maybe it's a big deal to you. Even if hispanic people with brow skin and wavy hair, or East Asian people were called white. They'd still be looked at as being different at the end of the day. Because they don't even look white. But whatever, ultimately racial categories are stupid anyway. I'm more upset that people give these categories any more weight beyond convenient labels.

I think racial categories is such a 18th and 19th century idea. And has really no place in a modern and technologically advanced society. They really don't serve a purpose to anyone but politicians who need to engage certain voting blocs.
Because there is no advantage to being considered white since the 1960s. You don't get affirmative action and preferential treatment by identifying as white instead of "hispanic".

Old 04-26-2021, 05:25 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
Quote:
As an asian, I found it ridiculous to be labelled as "POC"...who the heck coined this stupid label for asians and others? Was it by some colorless/transparent aliens from the Venus?

I welcome all of you to join me to rip this stupid label and put it to rest before it gets spread in the media.
Ironically, the POC phrase started being used by people who wanted to piggy back off of black movements, but didn't want to be fully "connected" to black people. Or when people want something done for certain minority groups, while pretending it's for black people. Often used by democrats to pretend they are doing something for black people while the actual thing is for everybody but black people. There are white LGBT people who I've seen call themselves a "person of color". This is how ridiculous that phrase got. Or when they would draw up some legislation or bill or act they would have "minority and people of color" all over the bill, while completely ignoring the needs to black people.

It's funny seeing other people (non-blacks) act like they don't like that phrase, now.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
My current gf, Asian, who is Woke as you can be, loves the term. She acts like she has honorary black status using the term. She will also go out of here way to talk to black Vagrants and Pan Handlers on the street Yep, pretty Nutty.
How do conservative males manage to have a liberal GF? I've never knowingly managed to get past the first date with a liberal female. Once they let out some sign they are liberal, I tell them what I think about liberalism and that's the end of that lol.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Just rename this the Race and Politics forum already
You can thank the democratic party. They made everything about racial division, so you can't deeply discuss politics without discussing that.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
what is point of lumping distinctive groups into a "meaningless" label?
To unite everyone non-white against white.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
"People of color" is a catch-all term that doesn't mean much honestly. Caucasians go by "White folk" but you guys do know you're not actually white. If you're confused then stand naked against a white wall and see if you disappear. You didn't disappear did you .

So Caucasians were the first RACE in America to label themselves a Person of Color, by the way, seems people miss that point. Or is the term "White People", "White Race", or "White Power" not referring to a Person of color? After all white is a color, Caucasian is NOT.
I think Indians called us white man and Africans did too at first sighting.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:45 PM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
It's an attempts to create more "victims" where there weren't any before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies