Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 07:45 AM

447 posts, read 321,808 times

Advertisements

As an Asian myself, I don't think anyone can use that to discriminate me. If people call me a POC I won't feel being offended. That is just a natural existence of my skin color. Unless I feel it inferior myself otherwise I don't see it as a discrimination.

When I was in university in the Uk one of my African classmate said to me 'your skin is so white' and I replied 'but I am pure yellow person'. One Turkish girl heard that and laughed 'I like it and I am going to call myself pure yellow too'. Only recently I found that 'yellow' is seen as discriminational description against the color of Chinese people's skin. However, I don't care and it won't hurt me.

I don't feel inferior to anyone here so whatever they call me as long as it is true and naturally exists, I actually don't feel I am discriminated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 07:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
People of mixed AFRICAN descent only.

A Spanish speaker wasn't a "person of color".

The article linked clearly says in the south USA colored meant African but elsewher ein the world it has different meanings.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:28 AM

3,851 posts, read 2,224,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The article linked clearly says in the south USA colored meant African but elsewher ein the world it has different meanings.
Concepts of race in the rest of the world have nothing to do with the United States.

In America "colored" = black only. We were the only colored people.

Leftists in the 80s expanded it to the "rainbow coalition" bull**** concept of POC that we have today. It's a new fake concept.

Asians and people of Spanish origin were never historically considered to be colored. When America was segregated, they were not colored. When laws excluded colored people, they were not colored. So they shouldn't be considered to be "people of color" today.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:39 AM

4,511 posts, read 4,040,975 times
"what's worse" is black people are often clumped up with gay people

Old 04-27-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
"what's worse" is black people are often clumped up with gay people

women with black people
Yes, white gay males have become part of the "rainbow coalition". A white male that gets up and decides to put on a dress gets all the protections of the civil rights act.

If a white woman, or white person who speaks Spanish is a "person of color", why not a white person that's LGBT?

In America, people used to be white or black, and blacks were the only colored people. All these other opportunistic fake minority groups cheapened the concept of what "colored" meant in the United States.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:57 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,084,826 times
Quote:
Yes, white gay males have become part of the "rainbow coalition". A white male that gets up and decides to put on a dress gets all the protections of the civil rights act.

If a white woman, or white person who speaks Spanish is a "person of color", why not a white person that's LGBT?

In America, people used to be white or black, and blacks were the only colored people. All these other opportunistic fake minority groups cheapened the concept of what "colored" meant in the United States.
Did you see Slavs are now classified as "people of color" in one state (can't remember which one). Saw it on Tucker Carlson if I recall. They actually fought to be seen as "people of color" because they were afraid.

I call BS on that. I have Slavic blood and we are NOT people of color.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Did you see Slavs are now classified as "people of color" in one state (can't remember which one). Saw it on Tucker Carlson if I recall. They actually fought to be seen as "people of color" because they were afraid.

Middle Eastern people want to be minorities too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec7J1yIKVdQ

Old 04-27-2021, 09:01 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,586,260 times
Quote:

Caucasian isn't the same as white. Common misconception. But yes Arabic and Indians are Caucasian. But they're not white. Caucasian as a racial category adds more confusion to the term.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Caucasian isn't the same as white. Common misconception. But yes Arabic and Indians are Caucasian. But they're not white. Caucasian as a racial category adds more confusion to the term.

Caucasian is synonymous with white. The Caucasus mountains, where the white race originated, is in the middle east. That's white. they are white.

If you watched the video, they only want to be minorities today so they can get "the benefits of federal minority status", e.g minority business grants, affirmative action, ect. They are making this up so they can get their hands on resources that were never intended for them.

When America was segregated, they were saying that they were white (just like Mexicans) so they could be treated better than non-white minorities. Now, fast forward today and they don't want to be white anymore so they can get resources and protections meant for minorities.

No. That's trying to game the system. It's opportunism. Let Middle Eastern people stay white.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:08 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,084,826 times
Quote:

Eh, didn't you say the Asian/Israili Saul Alinsky was one of the big people behind the categorization of whites to include so many people outside of Europe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies