Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 12:01 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

The terminology is strange, in that Black is a total absence of color. From a scientific standpoint anyway.

When I was a kid, my grandparent's generation still called black people "colored", and I remember thinking it was strange back then too. I remember thinking that since caucasians were the ones with blue eyes, green eyes, red hair, yellow hair, brown hair, etc, why weren't caucasians the ones called "colored"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 12:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
They are not the same 'oppressed', but when it comes to university recruiting, Dr Jim's children will be the least favorable choice given the children of the three families the same level academic performance or even Jim's children are a bit better but not better enough.

Jackson's children might need only 1200 but Jim's children may need 1800 to get into the same uni.

Both Mr. Zhao's children and Jackson's children need not to pay for tuition fee and if they are in a state Uni the money comes from Dr. Jim's taxes who meanwhile needs to pay the cost of uni out of his own pocket for his children who need to work much harder to get admission from the same uni with Zhao's and Jackson's.

Jackson and Zhao should be a comparable match though. Zhao should have dropped school in China ever earlier than Jackson and his starting point should be even worse.
THE LEFT says they are oppressed. Not me. I'm talking about THE LEFT.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:04 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
The Left says YOU are oppressed. In hopes of getting your votes, to fix the problem they just invented.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:05 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Don't want anyone to weigh in on your comments. Don't express them on a public opinions board. Talk to a wall instead.
well, weight in on my comments, great.

lecture, no I don't need it.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The Left says YOU are oppressed. In hopes of getting your votes, to fix the problem they just invented.
Preaching the choir, man. you and the other poster.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:11 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Can't really argue with that.

Back then, during ww2, many Asians say "I am not a J*p"
Reminds me of my Japanese-American (second generation) friend when we were stationed in the Philippines together. When we were out in some of the smaller towns, older Filipinos would sometimes look at him suspiciously and ask, "Are you Japanese?" He'd say, "No, I'm Chinese. My name is Wong. Tony Wong." And that was just in the 80s.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:16 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Reminds me of my Japanese-American (second generation) friend when we were stationed in the Philippines together. When we were out in some of the smaller towns, older Filipinos would sometimes look at him suspiciously and ask, "Are you Japanese?" He'd say, "No, I'm Chinese. My name is Wong. Tony Wong." And that was just in the 80s.
yep, to avoid confrontation.

My brother in law is a black man. When he married my sister, her Asian friends didn't really say anything, but you could just tell that they all thought there was something wrong with my sister.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:20 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Caucasian is synonymous with white. The Caucasus mountains, where the white race originated, is in the middle east. That's white. they are white.

If you watched the video, they only want to be minorities today so they can get "the benefits of federal minority status", e.g minority business grants, affirmative action, ect. They are making this up so they can get their hands on resources that were never intended for them.

When America was segregated, they were saying that they were white (just like Mexicans) so they could be treated better than non-white minorities. Now, fast forward today and they don't want to be white anymore so they can get resources and protections meant for minorities.

No. That's trying to game the system. It's opportunism. Let Middle Eastern people stay white.
So you're a person of color then?
White is an actual color correct?
White people are both claiming to be a color (white) and NOT a person of color, you guys talk in circles.

So what your saying is Racism from the Majority group forced people to claim something they were not in order to NOT BE CONSIDERED BLACK correct? Because Black people had no rights due to WHITE FOLK RACIST POLICIES correct?

Now, White people are mad because people NOT from Europe want to claim what they Actually are now that you can be free and be a minority in the USA.

White people create all the problems they now complain about but always seem to miss that point. If it was not for the racist BS that white folk continued for 2 centuries, none of this stuff would be an issue.

Your white daddies and grandaddies ruined the country and seeded the division that keeps people divided today. That is the only lasting legacy of White Folk in America for Over 2 centuries.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:21 PM

447 posts, read 321,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You originally think Dr. Jim is more privileged than Zhao because you described his salary or neighborhood earning number.

I am just showing an example when Jim will be in an unfavorable position while Zhao and Jackson are in the favorable end created by the left.

The word oppressed could be used accordingly by the leftists.

Fairness is a rare seen and some times are considered to be an oppression.

However, back to the topic, POC can not be only used by black people. It only describes your skin color as an opposite to white. I think they do the same separation in metal trading. Colored metals vs black metals or base metals? I can not remember exactly but there is a such separation. Treat it as a term that is it.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
You originally think Dr. Jim is more privileged than Zhao because you described his salary or neighborhood earning number.

I am just showing an example when Jim will be in an unfavorable position while Zhao and Jackson are in the favorable end created by the left.

The word oppressed could be used accordingly by the leftists.

Fairness is a rare seen and some times are considered to be an oppression.

However, back to the topic, POC can not be only used by black people. It only describes your skin color as an opposite to white. I think they do the same separation in metal trading. Colored metals vs black metals or base metals? I can not remember exactly but there is a such separation. Treat it as a term that is it.
The left, yes, it's the left's fault. You get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies