Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 10:49 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,179,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Who the hell do you think you are?? Give me a break, you don't get to be the arbitar of what people say or don't say or what opinions they express. Jesus.
They can express whatever they want, but they better believe and understand what they're saying or I'm going to call them out on it. Politics is 99% dishonesty. People repeating what other people say.

It is my job to push back on the bull****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 10:51 AM

52,011 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
As I've said time and again, neither blacks nor whites are our allies. Time to make our own institutions like Jews and Blacks did with their own universities (Historically Black Colleges or HBCs for Blacks or the various Yeshiva universities for Jews) and youth leagues like the YM-YWHA. Same for political power in Congressional Caucuses and at the state rep level.
In real life none of this matters, all of this race stuff is the domain of the media and places like Twitter and CD. In real life Asian are doing very well. It's a direct contradiction to the lefty push to scream racism is the problem across the board for non-white people.

They don't like Asians countering their narrative. Asians people, at least here in the US, tend to value education and work hard, hard work usually pays off. Asians make more money per capita than do whites, so something is there.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:01 PM

6,469 posts, read 2,878,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
They can express whatever they want, but they better believe and understand what they're saying or I'm going to call them out on it. Politics is 99% dishonesty. People repeating what other people say.

It is my job to push back on the bull****.
Maybe you explained it in some older post but the only push back I am reading from you is,..

" You hate everyone, and everyone else should hate everyone too".

Not really sure where to go with that. lol.

The majority of my life has been great and happy. The majority of interactions with people around me has been good. Life is life, so you gonna get some bad experiences. Then there's the .001% of bad experiences I've had on social media.

Majority good wins.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,843,028 times
Quote:
As I've said time and again, neither blacks nor whites are our allies. Time to make our own institutions like Jews and Blacks did with their own universities (Historically Black Colleges or HBCs for Blacks or the various Yeshiva universities for Jews) and youth leagues like the YM-YWHA. Same for political power in Congressional Caucuses and at the state rep level.
Since everyone else gets to have their own colleges and Congressional Caucuses can whites have theirs back, all those historical white protestant colleges like the ivy league and most of the others that they are now a minority at? I'm guessing no and what's whites' is non-whites' and what's non-whites' is non-whites'.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Time to make our own institutions like Jews and Blacks did with their own universities Same for political power in Congressional Caucuses and at the state rep level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Since everyone else gets to have their own colleges and Congressional Caucuses can whites have theirs back,.
No,..c'mon. See,..this is exactly why I hate media pushing/using Asian stuff for their agenda, which clearly has nothing to do with Asian well being.

Write this stuff in the Caucasian Thread, not here.
Push segregation al you like,..but don't do because "Asians".

The left Wants the Right to think Asians are clamoring for their "own" segregated stuff to estrange them from their opposition.
but apparently, people still eat it up.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Maybe you explained it in some older post but the only push back I am reading from you is,.. " You hate everyone, and everyone else should hate everyone too".
I never said I hate everyone. I just don't pretend to love people I don't even know, who I disagree with on almost everything, who oppose me politically, socially, and morally, and whose very existence makes my life worse, if not intolerable.

So again, why would I want to share a country with you? And why would you want to share a country with me?

When someone says, "We live in a society", ask them what they want. When someone says "You're an American", they either want your money, want you to fight their war, or to control you. It would never occur to someone to speak that way for any other reason.

Quote:
The majority of my life has been great and happy. The majority of interactions with people around me has been good. Life is life, so you gonna get some bad experiences. Then there's the .001% of bad experiences I've had on social media.
I disagree that it is only .001%. But even still, none of this has anything to do with what I said.

I don't believe anyone who regularly posts on online forums/social media is really "happy". They post because they want something they don't have. A means to an end.

So what is it that you want? And why do you think repeating BS platitudes to strangers who don't care about you at all, will help you get it?

Lastly, what do you think would happen if there were no police? Today, tomorrow, a month from now, a year from now.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-30-2021 at 01:21 PM..

Old 04-30-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
And why would you want to share a country with me?.
Because I was born here. Grew up here around family and friends. So were you , presumably, and many others. We are here. I wasn't born in India or Australia.

So we 'share' this place we call America. It's not solely Yours to decide to share it and it's not solely mine, either.

Likeminded people meet and greet and hang,..not-like people don't. But in the meantime we don't kill each other like cavemen over it. Be civil. mileage may vary, obviously, some people just aren't capable or willing. Some call them sociopaths.

Quote:
When someone says, "We live in a society", ask them what they want. .
I want to live a live of peace, safety, and prosperity and raise my kids to be successful and happy.

Not sure how philosophical you wanna delve. What is the meaning of life, kinda thing?

Quote:
When someone says "You're an American", they either want your money, want you to fight their war, or to control you. It would never occur to someone to speak that way for any other reason..
Sure,..that can be said about any 'label'. Someone always trying to sell you something.

Quote:
I don't believe anyone who regularly posts on online forums/social media is really "happy". They post because they want something they don't have. A means to an end...
I am posting because I am working from home and this breaks up the monotony.

I am not actively joining some political groups and or have access to Ted-talk discussions. So City-data will have to do.
It's a forum. A place where people discuss stuff. In the bat of an eye, I will be on some game forum talking about maxing dps or crafting,..lol.

Quote:
So what is it that you want? And why do you think repeating BS platitudes to strangers who don't care about you at all, will help you get it?.
what BS platitude are you referring too?

Some people like to go on forums and debate and banter. Some people like to go on forums and tell people not too. /shrug.

Sure they are strangers. But over time, people start to recognize each other,..communities form, etc.
I don't know why it's so ghastly that people talk to strangers. Though it may explain some things.

Quote:
Lastly, what do you think would happen if there were no police? Today, tomorrow, a month from now, a year from now.
Not sure why a police question came up. Maybe it is a clue to your world view.

But I hope they don't go away. Pretty sure they wouldn't. To keep it kinda on topic, I'd say if they weren't around they wouldn't have nabbed all those thugs who assaulted these elderly Asians.

Old 04-30-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
It's not solely Yours to decide to share it and it's not solely mine, either.
A lot of people want secession. Are you in favor or opposed? Why?

Quote:
Likeminded people meet and greet and hang,..not-like people don't. But in the meantime we don't kill each other like cavemen over it.
There are almost 200 countries in the world. Should there be more? Less? What is the ideal number?

Quote:
I want to live a live of peace, safety, and prosperity and raise my kids to be successful and happy.
Everyone does, but why do you want to share a country with me? Why does America exist?

Quote:
I am posting because I am working from home and this breaks up the monotony.
So you don't want anything? Why did humans evolve the ability to speak?

Quote:
What BS platitude are you referring too?
"America is such a great Country and overall, everyone has a decent life, at least better than some dirt poor third world person, that we can afford to complain about 'bathrooms' and 'guns' and our minds are freed up enough to worship all the celebrities and Righteous Politicians."

What do you mean by decent life? Regardless, I was originally talking to someone where I was making a general statement about meaningless platitudes that serve a political purpose, but which aren't true, or misleading.

Take this for instance... "The majority of my life has been great and happy. The majority of interactions with people around me has been good. Life is life, so you gonna get some bad experiences. Then there's the .001% of bad experiences I've had on social media. Majority good wins."

When you say majority, do you mean 51%? 60%? 75%? 90%? Based on your earlier statement, you seem to be saying that life can be better for some people more than others, in some places more than others, and in certain times more than others.

Furthermore, when you say "majority good", what do you mean by good? Do you mean moral? Generous? Polite? Or just, not assaulting you or robbing you openly?

I have a vague idea of what you mean, but you seem to lack imagination. Is this the best time in history to be alive? Is this as good as it gets?

Quote:
Sure they are strangers. But over time, people start to recognize each other,..communities form, etc. I don't know why it's so ghastly that people talk to strangers. Though it may explain some things.
Do you know what Dunbar's number is? Even if you spent all of your time trying to meet as many people as possible, you wouldn't have met 99.9% of the people on Earth. And among the people you did meet, you wouldn't have a relationship with them, and would forget 99% of their names within weeks. The problem isn't that people aren't making enough effort to talk to strangers, it is that it is impossible to have meaningful relationships with the entire world. And the more you spread out your time, the less everyone gets.

It is better to spend your time on a handful of people you really care about, than trying to give it to hundreds or thousands of people who are incapable of truly caring about you. When you try to love the whole world, you'll end up loving no one.

Quote:
Not sure why a police question came up.
It is a mental exercise. What would the world look like after a year of no police? Or put it another way, what would you do if there were no police? Where would you go? What would exist?

I think the question helps put in perspective what "society" is. Who we really are. What this country really is.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-30-2021 at 04:19 PM..

Old 04-30-2021, 04:23 PM

447 posts, read 320,735 times
Wow, I am a bit dizzy reading all these long paragraphs.

I as an Asian never ever for one second in my life want to be 'accepted as a white'. What is the benefit to be a white if I do not stay in an Asian country where people give white foreigners or any foreigners much extra credit and convenience just because they are 'guests'?

I said before in the early part of this thread. When I was in the UK, one day we were chatting and one of my African classmates said, 'Lily your skin is so white'. I replied, 'but I am pure yellow person'. A Turkish girl laughed loudly and said, 'I love that so I am going to call myself pure yellow person'.

Old 04-30-2021, 04:25 PM

15,053 posts, read 10,043,591 times
Wow... some has a chip on their shoulder.

I (Asian) for one was born and raised here.... I have as much of a stake in this country as anyone else. I've grown up in poor neighborhoods as well as more affluent neighborhoods. I've got close friendships with all sorts of people from different walks of life, different races, different religions (or no religion), different political leanings... we all still remain close (disagree often) and share a beer afterwards. We are all very imperfect group of people.. but somehow we don't hold it against each other.

I like to say its made me more understanding that everyone is from a different place... tolerant.. not fearing people who are unlike myself. I'd like to think others in my circle feel the same. It will be the same message I pass on to my children...

Maybe some people just need to get out more.. maybe dabble outside comfort zones...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies