Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 02:49 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I think most such incidents can come down to one major factor: lack of impulse control.
To me it boils down to this:

1) A belief that violence is the answer to all problems.
2) "Shoot and ask questions later" mentality.
3) Little concern about one's one life or death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 02:59 PM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
How ironic that the fight began outside a retail shop named Urban Decay.
I noticed that too.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:00 PM

5,852 posts, read 3,280,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To me it boils down to this:

1) A belief that violence is the answer to all problems.
2) "Shoot and ask questions later" mentality.
3) Little concern about one's one life or death.
To me it boils down to this: Society has put low expectations on the behavior of blacks. Nothing but excuses. Then when they live up to those low expectations they say see I told you so.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
To me it boils down to this: Society has put low expectations on the behavior of blacks. Nothing but excuses. Then when they live up to those low expectations they say see I told you so.
I disagree. I think it has everything to do with "we don't care what you do to yourself, as long as it doesn't affect the larger White society". Individuals who were part of the underclass only get excused by the uber-woke. Plenty of people don't excuse of the behavior of underclass types. Many individuals view Blacks as a whole as a burden on society. Some people call for "get tough on crime" laws. We have more people in prisons than ever before. Bad behavior gets punished (as of late some people have gotten soft).

To me, it's not so much expectations. It's about "I don't give a flip" for some people. Getting tough of the underclass segment of the Black population didn't suddenly make many individuals behavior better. When you have individuals who general have a deep anger and hatred towards society, and don't care about anyone, not even themselves, behavior doesn't change. Such bad behavior is enabled even more when one lives isolated from the rest of society.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:10 PM

5,973 posts, read 2,214,423 times
Honestly, the USA is a violent and rather undisciplined country which makes sense as that is how we carry ourselves. We like mass shootings, fights, gangs, drugs, gambling, prostitution. I say we like it because we glorify violence, threats, and anger. "Don't tread me" is the mentality of Americans, everyone acts as their own sovereign country where even a neighbor of 10 years can become an enemy over a tree on a property line.

The US still has that Wild West, do not conform mentality which makes it difficult to reason with each other. The same social forces that cause a group to storm a capitol is the same force that causes Portland to burn weekly. Because THAT IS WHO WE ARE. The forces that cause Italian and Irish gangs to form are the same forces that caused Black folk to form those gangs.

Bonnie and Clyde, Al Capone, The Mob in NY, Boston, Chicago, Florida (big presence in Tampa, FL goes way back), on and on. Why don't we just admit it, we love all the attributes about the USA that also makes us lash out in violence.

Even when we claim we are bringing peace it is usually done so with our military.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:22 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,041,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
This was all sparked from a disagreement on who invented Calculus. Newton, Leibniz or Black Panther
way.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:05 PM

8,306 posts, read 2,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you think culture isn't the reason, then what do you think it is?
My point is it doesn’t matter what it’s called. The high rate of violence by blacks would be a burden to any society. Anywhere.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:13 PM

11,931 posts, read 6,520,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Where is that airport securiity we are robbed billions of dollars a year for?
?
Where have you been?
They can’t arrest black people...it’s RACIST!!!!!

Old 04-26-2021, 11:37 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,837,360 times
They did this so they can be on Worldstar.

Old 04-26-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
My point is it doesn’t matter what it’s called. The high rate of violence by blacks would be a burden to any society. Anywhere.
Actually, this is how I see it. No one cared as long as Black people were forcibly isolated from the rest of society. Only in the last 55 years have many people started to care, or consider it a burden.

As for the violence, the only way to solve a problem is to understand where it came from. Want it stopped? Figure out the roots of said problem and then you can strategize on solving the problem.

BTW, the individuals committing violence could care less about the rest of society, or even their own world. Welcome to nihilism 101. And the high violent crime rate is mostly from the UNDERCLASS segment of the Black population. This is why I focus on the UNDERCLASS, not the entire Black population, when it comes to subjects like crime.

Last edited by green_mariner; 04-27-2021 at 12:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies