Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 03:35 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
FLA has the 3rd most cases of Covid (2 million +) and 4th most deaths due to COVID (33K) nationwide. If it were a country, Florida would be in the top 15 worldwide. Stellar job!!
you do realize that's total bullcrap...right?

that's like saying how many cases...and not saying how many people were tested to get those cases

compare deaths per million population...and Florida is center

Old 04-26-2021, 03:37 PM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
FLA has the 3rd most cases of Covid (2 million +) and 4th most deaths due to COVID (33K) nationwide. If it were a country, Florida would be in the top 15 worldwide. Stellar job!!
While I don't particularly have an interest in debating the COVID death numbers and their accuracy (or lack thereof,) it's worth noting that a friend of mine died of a heart attack (second heart attack in 2 years) that had absolutely nothing to do with COVID... Yet, because he tested positive for it, his death is listed as COVID-related.
Similarly, an old pastor of mine died "of COVID" apparently. He was like 85 years old, and had a slew of wacky health issues.
The gubermint pays TONS of money to hospitals when they list deaths as COVID.

I do know one person who actually died FROM COVID, and he was [another] 80-something year old man, in Mexico.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:41 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
And California has 3.73M cases, the most in the entire country by far, almost double Florida...
Which makes sense, since they have almost twice the population.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:46 PM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
Yes... But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
yet they closed dining, theme parks, had lengthy shut downs, mandates... pretty much imposing every restriction possible and yet the most cases in the country by far not to mention things are completely out of hand. In SF, the new DA doesn't even prosecute criminals stealing under $950, so they literally can go into CVS with a bag these days. One of my favorite restaurants owned by minorities, were getting robbed more than once per week from their sidewalk counter because they weren't allowed to have any indoor dining and now closed down for good. So, DeSantis is doing a good job... less cases, less deaths and yet the economy is booming and infrastructure is building like crazy.

So if the rate is equal in both states, as your post seems to imply, what good has shutting the entire state down for so long done in CA?

Old 04-26-2021, 03:49 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yes... But...

So if the rate is equal in both states, as your post seems to imply, what good has shutting the entire state down for so long done in CA?
Impossible to tell what their rate would have been without restrictions. Also bear in mind that California has far more tourism and inbound traffic from the Far East, which is where COVID originated.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:52 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post

The argument Kyle is making is DeSantis screwed Floridians by not imposing restrictions like California... and the data shows all those restrictions didn't have any impact on covid cases, so all they did was screw the average person and have no difference regarding covid.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:56 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
While I don't particularly have an interest in debating the COVID death numbers and their accuracy (or lack thereof,) it's worth noting that a friend of mine died of a heart attack (second heart attack in 2 years) that had absolutely nothing to do with COVID... Yet, because he tested positive for it, his death is listed as COVID-related.
Similarly, an old pastor of mine died "of COVID" apparently. He was like 85 years old, and had a slew of wacky health issues.
The gubermint pays TONS of money to hospitals when they list deaths as COVID.

I do know one person who actually died FROM COVID, and he was [another] 80-something year old man, in Mexico.
...and somehow social distancing and wearing masks practically eliminated the flu (virus) season....

...while covid (virus) ran rampant

Old 04-26-2021, 06:01 PM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
North Dakota has the most CoViD cases per capita.

New Jersey has the most CoViD deaths per capita.

Both Florida and California are somewhere in the middle on both scores.

Really no surprise and nothing to get hung about.

At any rate, more granular data, like at County level, would probably be more meaningful, and more fun: e.g. pit San Francisco vs Los Angeles and watch them argue with each other about it. Most entertaining!

Or in Florida, Dade County vs Hillsborough County. Or Los Angeles vs Dade, or San Francisco vs Hillsborough.

What fun!

More meaningful might be arguing over the economic impact of scoring somewhere in the middle in the face of differing policies.

On second thought, not more meaningful, but more fun watching humans go at each other's throats arguing about that and other moot points.

Good Luck!

Old 04-26-2021, 06:35 PM

283 posts, read 289,575 times
Save your insults for Desantis when he becomes your President

j/k

Old 04-26-2021, 06:43 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
I voted for him and like him, yet hate Trump and voted for Biden.

While there are things I disagree on, both policy and personality, overall I think he is doing great and much better than the disaster we avoided Gillum.

I do not see anyone I would vote for over him at this time.

And despite the media doing all they could to criticize him regarding the pandemic, I thought he did a good job, much better job than the governors the media were falling all over about how great they were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies