Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 07:33 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,692,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting......

Ashli Babbitt’s family announces lawsuit against U.S. Capitol Police…

Civil rights attorney Terry Roberts appeared on Newsmax a few hours ago — “The family and I were disappointed in DOJ’s decision, but my role is to bring a civil action and in that way, vindicate her rights.”

Earlier this month, the DOJ announced that it would not pursue criminal charges against the officer.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...apitol-police/
I don't blame the family one bit, but I don't think they will prevail here. She saw the cops on the left, behind the barricaded doors, with their guns out and pointing at her. She persisted, and she was shot. Next time, listen to the police.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:37 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She was unarmed. The angry mobs behind her weren't. This was a battle at the Capitol, and she was a casualty of that battle to save the lives of our national leaders. A purposeful combatant, who died on the battlefield.

All you have to do is dredge up her video she took of herself, driving to the capitol to wage war, to see she wasn't a peaceful attendee of a speech, who was interested in witnessing other venues of that event.

Capitol police confiscated exactly ZERO weapons from any of the protesters that day.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Right wingers only care because she was a right winger. Nothing else matters.

If it was antifa or BLM attacking the capitol in the exact same scenario they would be firmly on the side of the cop who did the shooting.
That's just projection. I haven't seen many right wingers support shooting of an unarmed female in the middle of the day regardless of the victim's race or politics and then oppose this shooting. Right wingers either condemn or support both cases.

Last edited by mtl1; 04-26-2021 at 07:53 PM..

Old 04-26-2021, 07:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Capitol police confiscated exactly ZERO weapons from any of the protesters that day.
That doesn't matter, at all, whether weapons were confiscated by capitol police that day, when we can all see on video that they had MANY weapons.

That they weren't confiscated is of no importance to the truth that they were carrying them.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Yep.
Lol as if your arguments aren't a 180 .

Old 04-26-2021, 07:48 PM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
I'm a conservative and a Republican, and as I said in another thread recently, I don't blame the cop that shot her under those circumstances. She was breaking into a place/room where she was clearly not supposed to be. There was a big crowd behind her. Some may call them a mob.

The cop had every right to be afraid for his own life and also for the lives of others in the rooms beyond that point. For those reasons, it was a justified shooting.

But before all you leftists, BLM, and Antifa supporters start jumping with joy, I'm going to apply the same logic to the crap that they pull. When they start breaking out windows, firebombing, and looting stores, smashing car windows with people inside, then I think that the innocent people inside have the right to protect their lives and their property with firearms if necessary. In fact, if we had seen some of this in the riots that have been happening in the past several months, I contend there wouldn't have been nearly the amount of burning, looting, battery, and killing as what we've had.

I'm consistent in my views and believe that people have a right to be safe physically and to protect their property against destruction, fire, and theft. And this applies regardless what color you are, how you worship, how you vote, or where you're from.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:02 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Right wingers only care because she was a right winger. Nothing else matters.

If it was antifa or BLM attacking the capitol in the exact same scenario they would be firmly on the side of the cop who did the shooting.
That is the most pathetic attempt at a comparison, ever.

Blm and antifa - who are known to burn loot and murder. Known to savagely beat, and even kill, people who are uninvolved. Even known to savagely attack cops, thousands and thousands of cops.

And, you're comparing blm antifa to a group of people who have not been known to do those things, other than the some who attack only blm antifa, but haven't been known to attack those who are uninvolved.

Hey, if that group of people had a years long track record of being seriously violent, like blm antifa is, then the vast majority of those on the right would have probably been meh on that shooting.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemson34 View Post
1000% correct. Just look at the right wingers jumping for joy thinking they can mow down anyone that doesn't agree with them in Oklahoma,..
I doubt you know any right wingers in that state. You must be thinking of yourself jumping for joy in mowing down people.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemson34 View Post
She was a far right wing terrorist that infiltrated the Capitol. On top of that, after the goons smashed through windows to a highly restricted area, she got a single shot to hell from a secret service agent.
I wish the national guard was sent in to show them the 2nd amendment in full force, but lengthy prison sentences are awaiting the rest.
yeah, it was a shame Pelosi didn't want the NG there to protect the Capitol, even after it was requested multiple times, eh?

Old 04-26-2021, 08:09 PM

Quote:
That doesn't matter, at all, whether weapons were confiscated by capitol police that day, when we can all see on video that they had MANY weapons.

That they weren't confiscated is of no importance to the truth that they were carrying them.
What weapons did they have that were illegal to carry into that building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies