Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 01:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Did you count the millions of asymptomatic cases, or the cases where there were mild symptoms where no test was needed?
Did you count all the covid deaths we missed that you can see in excess deaths?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 01:37 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
This is more of what I mean.

Do you not understand that we are VACCINATED????

India and Brazil are way behind us.

Our 7 day average of deaths in the entire country of 331 million people is a THREE DIGIT NUMBER?!

Our cases are plummeting.

What on Earth are you talking about? Do you not have a grasp of macro statistics?

Can you name a single other medically-related thing in our history that we lock down our entire country over a few HUNDRED deaths per day?
Oh for heaven's sake! The country is not locked down and never was. That is why just a couplemonths ago our numbers were very close to what India is now - with a quarter of the population. I just completed cross country trip in an RV. NOTHING was locked down - restaurants, gas stations, parks, recreation places, theaters. Nothing. Give it a rest.

My point which sailed right over your head is that covid is very much alive and changing. The pandemic is far from over with variants an ever present threat. It's got nothing to do with the US or the CDC or politics. Your provincial viewpoint falls flat on its face when you look around the world.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:38 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
So reasonable folks taking pre cautions in circumventing further deaths are somehow going to miss : being overworked in the medical industry?
I think most sensible folks will prevent rather then ignore common sense health concerns.
Pretty sure world wide - our humanity was being depleted . Had nothing to do with politics . It had primarily to do with effective measures to slow the spread.

I'll miss the folks who passed.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:38 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Did you count all the covid deaths we missed that you can see in excess deaths?
Yes, it was about 30,000: https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/02/41...c-unemployment

Nowhere even close to the amount of estimated asymptomatic or mild cases in 2020, and of course not all of that 30,000 was from covid.

Also, of the 500k+ "official" cases, tens of thousands of those were created by purposely putting infected people into nursing homes by Democrat governors...certainly not a situation that would be occurring naturally.

ALSO, that does not take into account all the untold number of cases that were death "with" covid instead of "from" covid.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Oh for heaven's sake! The country is not locked down and never was. That is why just a couplemonths ago our numbers were very close to what India is now - with a quarter of the population. I just completed cross country trip in an RV. NOTHING was locked down - restaurants, gas stations, parks, recreation places, theaters. Nothing. Give it a rest.

My point which sailed right over your head is that covid is very much alive and changing. The pandemic is far from over with variants an ever present threat. It's got nothing to do with the US or the CDC or politics. Your provincial viewpoint falls flat on its face when you look around the world.
We're vaccinated. They aren't.

Nothing to fret about.

Malaria and small pox is still "alive" in many parts of the world that aren't as advanced as we are. Do you worry about those too?

Old 04-27-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
We're vaccinated. They aren't.

Nothing to fret about.

Malaria and small pox is still "alive" in many parts of the world that aren't as advanced as we are. Do you worry about those too?
Smallpox has been eradicated. If I go to a place where malaria is prevalent, then yes. And we are not vaccinated. 30% of us are. I am. I don't worry too much about me anymore and I am tired of protecting stupid people who won't get a vaccine. Honestly, it would not bother me in the least if they all got covid and died. We'd be better off without their ilk. But there are kids too who can't get it right now and the ignorant could gin up variants that would send us back to square one. It's complicated.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:51 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
I would say "the right" will miss it just as much.

What will there be to whine about when there are no longer mask mandates in place? You know, the gubbermint treading on your rights.

Or "lockdowns" to complain about. I love the use of the word lockdowns in this country as if we were ever actually in a lockdown.

I love how the entire world united to take down the USA. Definitely a conspiracy.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Smallpox has been eradicated. If I go to a place where malaria is prevalent, then yes. And we are not vaccinated. 30% of us are. I am. I don't worry too much about me anymore and I am tired of protecting stupid people who won't get a vaccine. Honestly, it would not bother me in the least if they all got covid and died. We'd be better off without their ilk. But there are kids too who can't get it right now and the ignorant could gin up variants that would send us back to square one. It's complicated.
Good! Then stop! Please!

Old 04-27-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post

What will there be to whine about when there are no longer mask mandates in place? You know, the gubbermint treading on your rights.

Or "lockdowns" to complain about. I love the use of the word lockdowns in this country as if we were ever actually in a lockdown.

I love how the entire world united to take down the USA. Definitely a conspiracy.
Ha!

I know many liberals lament the fact that we couldn't weld doors shut, Chinese Communist style!

Old 04-27-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post

Abortion, trannies, BLM, Antifa, statues, meat, electric vehicles, mail voting, school lunch, Merry Christmas. The list is endless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies