Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 07:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I'm not complaining.

Already have, and I know nobody is tracking.

I'm not complaining.
so you don't think the govt. will require ID or tracking.

Good.

I see I misunderstood -- I apologize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 07:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And how are they going to prove vaccination status?

Gestapo state here we come again.
There are other countries you could live in that perhaps you won't live your life in daily fear. Just sayin.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:50 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,571,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Unrealistic goals lead to a lot of anger because they can’t be accomplished.
Flattening the curve was a realistic desire.
I don't see a lot of anger, I see optimism over the vaccine campaign in USA.

Quote:
Covid will always be with us as you will never get 100% of the world vaccinated against it and it’s a virus that mutates rapidly. Even if you did manage to accomplish this totally unattainable goal, people are still contracting covid after getting the vaccine so it will continue to circulate no matter what.
Where is smallpox?

Quote:
This is a virus with 99% survival rate.
This is indicative of a terribly dangerous disease, no matter how much you try to trivialize it.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Unrealistic goals lead to a lot of anger because they can’t be accomplished. Covid will always be with us as you will never get 100% of the world vaccinated against it and it’s a virus that mutates rapidly. Even if you did manage to accomplish this totally unattainable goal, people are still contracting covid after getting the vaccine so it will continue to circulate no matter what. It’s impossible to eradicate covid. The sooner people accept this reality, the sooner we can stop fighting and get back to normal. This is a virus with 99% survival rate. This panic is u warranted. If you have your vaccines, no need to worry about everyone else. Live your life.
No one is stopping you from wearing your mask. Go for it!

Old 05-14-2021, 07:52 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It started off as a "public health concern". The German government said Jews carried typhus so they had to wear a yellow patch so that people could avoid catching typhus.
Comparing the governments response to covid with nazi germany is silly. I agree the feds and many states have made countless errors. I think you are giving them too much credit that behind all of this is some master plan to create what? Some sort of nazi government? One of the biggest mistakes has been forcing vaccinated people to still wear masks. Clearly that muted the amount of people willing to get the vaccine. Hopefully that changes now.

Look mask mandates will swiftly go away. No vaccine passports appear to be happening. If some businesses continue to require masks I am ok with that. People can decide to shop there or somewhere else. I personally will not spend money in any business that insists on masks. They have a right to conduct business how they choose. I have the right to not shop there. But all the predictions of a 1984 style world instigated by the pandemic appear to be nonsense. Another conspiracy theory down in flames.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:55 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Comparing the governments response to covid with nazi germany is silly. I agree the feds and many states have made countless errors. I think you are giving them too much credit that behind all of this is some master plan to create what? Some sort of nazi government? One of the biggest mistakes has been forcing vaccinated people to still wear masks. Clearly that muted the amount of people willing to get the vaccine. Hopefully that changes now.

Look mask mandates will swiftly go away. No vaccine passports appear to be happening. If some businesses continue to require masks I am ok with that. People can decide to shop there or somewhere else. I personally will not spend money in any business that insists on masks. They have a right to conduct business how they choose. I have the right to not shop there. But all the predictions of a 1984 style world instigated by the pandemic appear to be nonsense. Another conspiracy theory down in flames.
It depends on where you live since public health is in the authority of states, not the fed.
States like FL, TX and SC have been mask-less for months now.
In SC we never had an outdoor mask mandate.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Flattening the curve was a realistic desire.
I don't see a lot of anger, I see optimism over the vaccine campaign in USA.

Where is smallpox?

This is indicative of a terribly dangerous disease, no matter how much you try to trivialize it.
Flattening the curve was realistic to a degree, eliminating covid is not. Smallpox and covid are not similar. Colds and flu are a much closer comparison . People need to accept reality. 99% survival rate is not indicative of a terribly dangerous disease. All high risk people have already had the opportunity to get vaccinated. Time to move on and stop the fear and the hate that comes along with it.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:02 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
It depends on where you live since public health is in the authority of states, not the fed.
I was in TX and FL recently. They are not "maskless". There may not be official edicts requiring them, but many, many businesses - in fact almost all of them I went in - have a sign on the door asking people to mask up. Most did. People wear the mask out of concern for their own health, their family's or a sense of community responsibility not because of a public health order. Whether the signs come down now remains to be seen, but there is some hesitancy evident. It will take us a while to get used to/confident in the new recommendations.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

Ignoring history and thinking, “it can’t happen here” is dangerous.

There are already vaccine passports in NY, by the way.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:17 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Lots of places used CDC guidelines to determine mask rules. Especially blue states and cities.

In my part of Oklahoma there are no mask mandates either. Everything has been full and open for a year. Few wear masks. Walmart is the exception where probably half wear masks. When I go to Tucson, AZ it seems almost everyone complies with the mask rules. Even people in their own cars or walking by themselves on the street. I bet some sit at home alone with a mask on.

To encourage people to vaccinate there should have been a carrot on the end of it. We hit 50% or whatever of the people vaccinations masks come off. Instead there was a convoluted message that there was no end to these draconian measures in most cities. Finally they got it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies