Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a leftist, I'll - -
think it's actually a good thing 39 45.88%
buy a gun 14 16.47%
blame trump 20 23.53%
blame 'white supremacy' 27 31.76%
other 12 14.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 03:53 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Actually the knee on back is right out of the training manual for most departments. Where this cop went too far was not letting up. A little judgement and moderation goes a long way.

Remember Floyd was hopped up big time on drugs. Most of the guys who get themselves hurt or shot were not just walking down the street minding their own business, or standing at the newsstand buying a paper. Most resisted violently. Hmmm. Rule #1:
You should watch the video of the entire arrest. It gave me a completely different perspective, and should be used as a training video for every police force in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
It's not a national issue. Departments are local, county, or state. One thing we don't need is the feds mucking around in business they have no business mucking around in. And getting the feds involved will create more problems than it could possibly solve.

What I'd suggest as Step One is that any legislator, city councilman, or citizen who has an interest in police reform go on at least a dozen ridealongs. That goes quadruple for the geniuses who want to cut budgets because it feels good.

Most of these geniuses and experts have never been inside a cop car even once, unless it's sitting in back after they got busted for DWI

It would help if they had some vague idea of what they're talking about.
There needs to be some oversight probably at the state level. In many places such as PA, there needs to be a move to county police departments. Some areas have part-time local cops, while other areas rely on the State Police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 11:37 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
and it continues.

Police Departments Are Losing Officers and Struggling to Replace Them

Old 01-27-2022, 06:35 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
You can say the same about fast food restaurants. They are losing employees and struggling to replace them. Every time I try to stop at a fast food restaurant, they are either closed or only their drive-thru lane is open. I guess it is a tend.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:37 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Is this the poll results you were expecting?
I'll bet a few non leftist got in there and voted.
Just a wild guess since I can't imagine any leftist liberal posters on here buying a gun.
And I do recognize a few of the poster on this thread as not exactly card carrying liberals. I think they snuck in and voted pretending to be liberals.

Old 01-29-2022, 10:28 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I hope some cops do quit. I hope there is more stringent training, and I hope the officers who remain are OK wearing body cams, and report fellow officers who act poorly. Transitions and improvements in any group of people are never easy.
Only that's not what's happening, What you wrote is divorced from reality.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:15 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
First let's have some specific examples of cops doing "exactly the right thing" and getting "branded as a 'racist,'" as you allege.

HINT: In a civilized society, kneeling on a handcuffed, unarmed man for 9+ minutes while your colleagues sit and do nothing is not considered "exactly the right thing".
"First let's have some specific examples of cops doing "exactly the right thing" and getting "branded as a 'racist,'"

Don't member the michael brown case, I see!

Old 01-30-2022, 06:18 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You're wrong. They ARE thinking about the results. They WANT cops to quit so they can start a federal police force with more control. They can't control local police departments. There IS a goal. (And most cops are Republicans, which is another problem for them).
"Beware of the black helicopters"!!!!!

Old 01-30-2022, 06:26 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
There’s a shortage of people everywhere for the Einstein’s here.

From teachers, to fast food, to the trades.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:29 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Maybe your biased poll just sucks.

Or maybe it just hits a little too close to home.....

Old 01-30-2022, 06:44 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
You can say the same about fast food restaurants. They are losing employees and struggling to replace them. Every time I try to stop at a fast food restaurant, they are either closed or only their drive-thru lane is open. I guess it is a tend.
great analogy, mr idiot. your username was selected with the greatest of care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies