Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a leftist, I'll - -
think it's actually a good thing 39 45.88%
buy a gun 14 16.47%
blame trump 20 23.53%
blame 'white supremacy' 27 31.76%
other 12 14.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 11:32 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
we're already seeing it starting.
who in their right mind would want to be a cop in this climate where even doing exactly the right thing gets one branded as a 'racist,' and nearly every incident involving a non-white suspect and a white cop is instantly branded by the MSM and most leftists as 'racist' despite not an iota of evidence?

Former Police Lt. Warns ‘Public Safety Crisis’ Coming as Officers Begin Exodus from Law Enforcement

Fairfax faces prospective ‘tailspin’ as exodus of police intensifies

New Rasmussen Report Finds 63 Percent of Americans Fear Anti-police Rhetoric Going Too Far
Wow, looking at that poll, I see the left got what they wanted, now they are fleeing the very cities where their policies have been implemented. This is the typical behavior by the liberal locust plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 12:23 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
I'm more of a centrist but I'd love to see police reform. A few things would solve a lot of the issues citizens have with police.

1. Require bodycams to be worn on all officers.
2. All shootings and use of force are investigated by an outside 3rd party.
3. Required standardized training for all officers.
4. Increase salaries

Old 08-08-2022, 12:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Liberals will react with grief, anger and gnashing of teeth, when more and more
Rambo-based citizens go all stabby-stabby and bangy-bangy in defense of life and property.

See the recent ShopRambo-incidents in Las Vegas and NYC as good examples.

Enforcing the majority of laws/rules of society is, for the most part, something Governments in
USA cannot/will-not really do. Cannot even keep the very worst of the worst away from people who
want to live productive, peaceful lives.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:40 PM

7,334 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Don't fool yourself - Liberals have always owned guns, and we know how to use them. We just don't feel compelled to keep them on display and deify them, and we aren't scared or insecure enough to feel like we have to wear one every time we leave the house. As a matter of fact, we feel pity for those who do because they are terrified of living or feel like carrying a firearm is the only way they can get respect.
And yet, so many of your comrades at BLM do feel that way.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:48 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
There's a reason for all the defunding thing and calling a cop racist if he looks cross-eyed at a black person who has just committed a crime. And the reason is the left wants to replace the police forces that we have now with something more along the lines of political police--similar to the Nazi SS except having blind allegiance to wokism rather than nazism.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:19 PM

158 posts, read 43,937 times
not a liberal. i would critisize police if they re the only ones that doing wrong things but to anybody even def and blind person you see amount open hate criminals especialy black and media has for them i have no problem if they lash out. in any job if your coworker or stranger is openly harrasing you they ould be fired on spot. what can police do when somebody openl haras them but to get physical with them and arrest them

Old 08-08-2022, 04:20 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Since dem states love crime so much, I think repub states need to give their criminals the option to go to prison or get shipped to NY, Chicago or other high crime dem state....kind of what Abbott is doing with the illegal aliens. See how they like crime then when criminals take over their cities and they are personally affected. I think that will work. Bus them out. Lol

Old 08-08-2022, 05:46 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,002,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I'm more of a centrist but I'd love to see police reform. A few things would solve a lot of the issues citizens have with police.

4. Increase salaries
This shouldn't be controversial, yet it hasn't happened. Especially #2. We've forgotten about checks and balances.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:55 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post

4. Increase salaries
I’m relatively center/right and support all those ideas. If we want a professional, fair police force they need to be well trained, well paid, and respected. Bad officers should not be tolerated and good officers should be supported.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:17 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Hey Republicans! How will you deal with the loss of most of your teachers and health care workers?

A) get a gun
B) pray harder
C) blame the democrats
D) Let’s go Brandon
E) all of the above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies