Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a leftist, I'll - -
think it's actually a good thing 39 45.88%
buy a gun 14 16.47%
blame trump 20 23.53%
blame 'white supremacy' 27 31.76%
other 12 14.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 06:38 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
The vast majority of cops are dedicated professionals who went into law enforcement because they want to help others. They have no reason to leave. There are a few out there who went into it because they like the power the position entails. If they choose to leave, they will not be missed.
"they will not be missed." until your family has to dial 911
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 06:39 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yes cops are leaving in droves. Yes years of experience that leave the force is not easily replaced. Sure you will hire somebody. Are the people that they struggle to hire what you want when you open your door when you have a problem? The cops that are on the job and the cops that will be hired are going to do as little as possible. Some people will rejoice. That is the type of policing that they want. The rest of society will have an inept unresponsive police departments to deal with. It will not be good for society unless you are a liberal or a criminal. Everyone else can go to hell. Have fun. This is what you voted for. This is what you want. You deserve everything you get!
"Sure you will hire somebody." NOT if the are defunded!

Old 05-01-2021, 06:51 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Another fact, most of our larger cities are no longer attracting the best of the best candidates for those positions within Law Enforcement. So, in the very near future, departments will have no choice to lower the extremity high standards in order to have the needed bodies to patrol or to do other LEO tasks.

Trust me, this isn’t going to work out well in the end.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:54 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Where are all these police officers going? Are they finding better paying jobs or are they moping around at home living off a measly unemployment check?

I work for the fire department. We've had a few come around to our training classes, to consider a new career. If you've been on the police force, especially for a while, with that reference its not that difficult to find another job.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:58 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Bad police leaving the force is a good thing. What`s not to like?

Old 05-01-2021, 07:02 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Well, after serving a little over 26 years in law enforcement, I pulled the plug last February since it’s not worth it anymore. I was hoping to do another five years, but the risk of being labeled a racist... Even if you’re half Black, is simply too great since the Left and the Leftist media will do everything in their power to destroy you and your family.

Plus, I hate when the Left truly believes that cops wake up every morning with the goal of harassing or killing Black people, which is nothing but a bold face lie that can’t be backed up by actual facts. Yes, cops are forced into situations were Black men and women are shot and killed, but if you are a honest person and look at all the actions, from both sides, you will see that over 99% of those encounters could have been prevented if the individuals would have simply complied with the lawful instructions and not resist or physically assault a cop.

Honestly, the Left is getting what they wanted and the only way people like that will ever change their minds and look at the facts, not the emotions, is when they become victims of a violent crime, which is now happening in the Seattle area. Since June/July to December 2020, Seattle police has had 200 officers either retire or moved on to better things. And this year, from January to March 2021, Seattle lost another 66 officer... Just in the first three months of this year, which leads everybody to see that Seattle will probably loose anywhere from 250 to 300 cops before December of this year. Even the police Chief has finally admitted that they, the police, are in a crisis mode and do not have the numbers of officers to properly patrol the city. A 911 call for a Priority One emergency now takes 9-11 minutes to have an armed officer respond to the scene. as I often say in these discussions is that those 9-11 minutes is a long time when you’re being murdered.

Btw, the cops that are leaving are your most experienced and experts in their fields and are the ones that trained the younger cops on how to resolve issues with verbal commands and with a good “officer presence.â€

Plus, with all the cops either retiring or fleeing from Seattle in record numbers both property crimes and all types of other violent crimes, to include murders, has skyrocketed to record numbers. Right now, both the mayor and the entire city council (clowncil) have effectively painted themselves into a corner with all their anti police talk and actual defunding of the police. Now, they don’t know how to get out of this self inflicted wound they caused with all their thoughtless and careless talks and public speeches... Seattle even chased away the first Black female police Chief in the city’s history last year.

As for me, I’m not worried about being a victim since I’m than capable of protect myself, my family and my property all by myself. Where the problem lays is with the people that can’t fend for themselves for whatever reasons.

A couple of days ago, my better half and I were watching the news where a person was fatally shot in the face for no known reason in Seattle. She asked me that being retired, do I still have to protect other people in an emergency? I responded back with a simple no and that I’m more than happy I’m no longer responsible for that task anymore... While on and off duty.

2021 is already lining itself up to being a violent year across the country and all I can say is that I truly hope that people, especially in our major urban centers, have the means to protect themselves... If not, I hope that they’re OK with the possibility of being a defenseless victim.
I believe you made the right choice retiring when you did. I'm not from Seattle, but would like to thank you for your service anyway. Chief Best seemed like a decent person, and it did not surprise me when the progtards in Seattle "defunded" her salary, forcing out one of the first black female police chiefs in a major American city.

Even though I dont live there anymore, I am from Minneapolis, and this same topic has animated me in the last year watching how the progressive left has taken all the same stupid racialized idiotic stances that has happened in Seattle. It really saddens me to see my hometown turn into such a crime ridden crap hole over this defund the police nonsense.

I hope the people wake up in Minneapolis, but unfortunately the population there has really drifted to the far left, so i am not sure it is possible.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:02 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
People are leaving the police force because someone in their ranks got punished for murdering a detainee?

I'm not seeing a big downside.
Not sure where you're getting your information from - I know of no cases where police are quitting because an officer was punished for murdering a detainee. You're being deliberately obtuse, of course. You're also playing the Lefty game of twisting facts, adding a sprinkle of outright lies, and declaring it to be the truth.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:04 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It's not just bad police officers who are leaving. Nobody in their right mind would want to be a police officer in the current climate. If you think we're not get the best candidates now, wait until you see what the latest leftist stupidity yields.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:08 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
As others have stated, it is likely the bad ones that stay on.

You know, the few that are truly authoritarian *******s that actually enjoy the struggles with people on the street.

The decent ones will want to move on, away from the racialized cop hatred that the left has so skillfully ginned up.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:46 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no takers, huh?

leftists don't want to think about what the results of their actions will be..
there are plenty of tools to restrain a patient that do not involve shooting them. I used to teach MANAGEMENT OF AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR for the Veteran Administration. Every day psychiatric personnel control thousands of them without shooting any. Unfortunately the VA thought it was a better investment to introduce weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies