Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a leftist, I'll - -
think it's actually a good thing 39 45.88%
buy a gun 14 16.47%
blame trump 20 23.53%
blame 'white supremacy' 27 31.76%
other 12 14.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 11:27 AM

47,010 posts, read 26,062,966 times

Advertisements

People are leaving the police force because someone in their ranks got punished for murdering a detainee?

I'm not seeing a big downside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 11:28 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
First no one is asking for the reduction in police staff. They are only asking for the police to conduct themselves like the public defenders they are paid to be. Stop profiling people of color and social status. Stop shooting to kill first and then asking questions later. And stop employing folks that are afraid of their job.
this a joke... right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Maybe your biased poll just sucks.
i put 'other' in there just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
People are leaving the police force because someone in their ranks got punished for murdering a detainee?

links please.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:54 AM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Do you really in your heart of hearts think this is the only reason why cops are leaving? I mean put down the partisan stuff for just a second and really look around.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:55 AM

21,957 posts, read 9,548,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no takers, huh?

leftists don't want to think about what the results of their actions will be..
You're wrong. They ARE thinking about the results. They WANT cops to quit so they can start a federal police force with more control. They can't control local police departments. There IS a goal. (And most cops are Republicans, which is another problem for them).

Old 04-30-2021, 11:57 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do you really in your heart of hearts think this is the only reason why cops are leaving? I mean put down the partisan stuff for just a second and really look around.
i can't wait to see his links for that claim. surely he wasn't just making it up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You're wrong. They ARE thinking about the results. They WANT cops to quit so they can start a federal police force with more control. They can't control local police departments. There IS a goal. (And most cops are Republicans, which is another problem for them).
ok. so they want to think about it, they just don't want to put those thoughts on display?

i can buy that.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:00 PM

23,767 posts, read 12,650,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're asking the impossible.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:00 PM

13,642 posts, read 4,958,734 times
The vast majority of cops are dedicated professionals who went into law enforcement because they want to help others. They have no reason to leave. There are a few out there who went into it because they like the power the position entails. If they choose to leave, they will not be missed.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:04 PM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
First no one is asking for the reduction in police staff. They are only asking for the police to conduct themselves like the public defenders they are paid to be. Stop profiling people of color and social status. Stop shooting to kill first and then asking questions later. And stop employing folks that are afraid of their job.

They profile those that are likely to commit or have committed crime of which many happen to be Black. That's just good police work. No cops or very, very few,, shoot to kill first then ask questions later. That is just dishonest misinformation based on media hype.

Cops are afraid to get killed. That's normal. ALL cops are afraid of this aspect of the jobs and they should be.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:24 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,307,126 times
Yes cops are leaving in droves. Yes years of experience that leave the force is not easily replaced. Sure you will hire somebody. Are the people that they struggle to hire what you want when you open your door when you have a problem? The cops that are on the job and the cops that will be hired are going to do as little as possible. Some people will rejoice. That is the type of policing that they want. The rest of society will have an inept unresponsive police departments to deal with. It will not be good for society unless you are a liberal or a criminal. Everyone else can go to hell. Have fun. This is what you voted for. This is what you want. You deserve everything you get!

Old 04-30-2021, 01:26 PM

30,487 posts, read 19,255,042 times
Rich liberals will ensure their private army protects them or move to a Republican low crime area. Poor libs will be engaged in jungle warfare fighting for their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies