Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a leftist, I'll - -
think it's actually a good thing 39 45.88%
buy a gun 14 16.47%
blame trump 20 23.53%
blame 'white supremacy' 27 31.76%
other 12 14.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 05:35 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,446,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
yep! last time I was given the riot act by a person sharing how guns save lives.

To Be accurate:

The misinformation by the alt right is giving insanity a run for its name.

If a person signed on for public servant, then have the wherewithal to Revise what does not work in the long run. We know that lethal force needs to come from the COMMON sense of the public servant. But how do you train a person who has none? We can surely say it can't come from a CONSERVATIVE since they :Hook line and sinker BOUGHT into the BIGGEST lies ever conjured by a meglomaniac. So best to leave the training or hiring to the Middle of the road, fair minded and rational beings.

If officers leave, then one can only surmise : Is it because the swamp is being cleared of the evil , power hungry , badge wearing officers, or have the Genuinely decent and Respect for the Community officers finally been out numbered and said, Enough is enough. Time to go.

We shall see. In the mean time I'll continue to follow the laws, pay the proper taxes, and support the decent officers willing to resolve mishaps in a rational and civil manner.

You people are so divorced from reality. It's actually shocking to read your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 05:47 AM

27,247 posts, read 15,417,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
First let's have some specific examples of cops doing "exactly the right thing" and getting "branded as a 'racist,'" as you allege.

HINT: In a civilized society, kneeling on a handcuffed, unarmed man for 9+ minutes while your colleagues sit and do nothing is not considered "exactly the right thing".
Careful with that wide paint brush there.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:53 AM

52,972 posts, read 34,809,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
You people are so divorced from reality. It's actually shocking to read your thoughts.
that post will be worth bookmarking for a later date.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:02 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,425,337 times
Where are all these police officers going? Are they finding better paying jobs or are they moping around at home living off a measly unemployment check?

Old 05-01-2021, 06:10 AM

59,418 posts, read 27,577,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
we're already seeing it starting.
who in their right mind would want to be a cop in this climate where even doing exactly the right thing gets one branded as a 'racist,' and nearly every incident involving a non-white suspect and a white cop is instantly branded by the MSM and most leftists as 'racist' despite not an iota of evidence?

Former Police Lt. Warns ‘Public Safety Crisis’ Coming as Officers Begin Exodus from Law Enforcement

Fairfax faces prospective ‘tailspin’ as exodus of police intensifies

New Rasmussen Report Finds 63 Percent of Americans Fear Anti-police Rhetoric Going Too Far
"Leftists, Liberals - how will you react to the coming police exodus?"

They will, whine, cry and have their little hissy fits like they always do, when they dial 911 and NO ONE SHOWS UP!

And of course they will blame some repub, even though they are under DEM politician rule, from their district, city, county, etc., all the way up to the president, just like the ALWAS DO!

Old 05-01-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
First no one is asking for the reduction in police staff. They are only asking for the police to conduct themselves like the public defenders they are paid to be. Stop profiling people of color and social status. Stop shooting to kill first and then asking questions later. And stop employing folks that are afraid of their job.
"First no one is asking for the reduction in police staff."

"DEFUND THE POLICE" And what do think happens when they CUT funding and can't afford to keep so many?

I guess I'll just have to keep posting thew FACTS and NOT hyperventilated liberal media BS.

Watch Cops Reloaded on the REELZ channel and ypu will get a REAL education!

FYI!

"About 61.5 million residents had at least one contact with police."

"Whites (26%) were more likely than blacks (21%), Hispanics (19%), or persons of other races (20%) to experience police contact.
"About 1% of drivers pulled over in traffic stops had physical force used against them by police. Of these drivers, 55% believed the police behaved properly during the stop."

"(74%) to believe that the reason for the traffic stop was legitimate."

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=7167

"why so many black are being shot by police."

Now let's look at the REAL data:

1,127 people were killed by police in 2020.

https://policeviolencereport.org/ BE SURE TO GO TO THIS SITE FOR THE REAL DATA

Did you get that? Out of 61 MILLION interactions, 1,127 were killed by the police.

Only 1% had force used. And 55% believed the police behaved properly during the stop."

Old 05-01-2021, 06:21 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,706,778 times
Quote:
no takers, huh?

leftists don't want to think about what the results of their actions will be..
Leftists don't look at cause and effect, they just come up with hair brain ideas and invoke them without any thought to consequence. Like toddlers, without any idea of repercussions.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
People are leaving the police force because someone in their ranks got punished for murdering a detainee?

I'm not seeing a big downside.
I hope none of your family, maybe not YOU, have to dial 911!

Old 05-01-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
this a joke... right?

i put 'other' in there just for you.

links please.
"links please"

If you only get your "news from the alphabet media, you MIGHT be better informed. Heck, even cnn says so. I hope you like the taste of crow!

And there are PLENTY MORE!

"Examining The Left’s War On Cops: A Look At How Many Police Officers Have Left Their Jobs"

"Amidst a national reckoning with the criminal justice system, police officers from precincts across the country appear to be leaving the force in droves. The Seattle Police Department announced more than 200 officers have left the force since last year, according to the Associated Press"

"Data shows a 61% spike in the amount of officers who left the Aurora Police Department"

"Meanwhile, 79 officers in Philadelphia since the beginning of this year"

"Baltimore Police have lost 81 officers this year alone, “outpacing” last years numbers."

"The Asheville Police Department in North Carolina also saw an exodus of officers in 2020,"

"At least seven officers resigned from the Minneapolis Police Department in approximately just three weeks since the onset of the Floyd protests, according to CNN. Eight officers resigned in Atlanta in June alone following the death of Rayshard Brooks, according to the report.
Meanwhile CNN reported that 10 officers in South Florida resigned from their city’s SWAT team over concerns about safety during the same time frame."

https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/29/p...lice-rhetoric/

"Examining The Left's War On Cops: A Look At How Many ...
https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/29/p...lice-rhetoric/

The Seattle Police Department announced more than 200 officers have left the force since last year, according to the Associated Press (AP).. Police Chief Adrian Diaz said the department was facing a "staffing crisis," noting 180 officers left in 2020 while 66 officers have left in 2021 thus far, according to the AP.

Austin Police Department seeing more officers leave

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/au...ve/ar-BB17MwSx

In all of 2019, Austin police had 106 officers leave the department, an average of two each week, or about eight officers each month. Spangler said that since the end of 2017, that number has risen...

Police officers across the US have quit their jobs in ...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/us...ing/index.html

Jun 16, 2020In Minneapolis, at least seven police officers resigned from the department since protests sparked by Floyd's death in late May flooded the city's streets. More than half a dozen officers are also...

100 Minneapolis Police Officers Expected To Leave ...

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...-by-years-end/

100 Minneapolis Police Officers Expected To Leave Department By Year's End MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey announced during a budget address Friday that 100 police officers are expected to leave the city's department by the end of the year. The mayor said dozens of officers have already parted ways with the department.

More than 200 Seattle police officers quit over the last ...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/more-than...police-climate

Many of the officers cited an anti-police climate in the city - including in the City Council -- and disagreements with police management in their reasons for moving on, leaving the department ...

Demoralized and Demonized: Police Departments Face ...

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020...eave-in-droves

In Chicago, where 24 police officers retire on average each month, 51 are scheduled to leave this month after 59 left in August. More than 100 officers leaving the force in just two months. The head of a police pension fund in Chicago calling the retirements "unheard of". STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE FREE CBN NEWS APP

8 reasons why police officers leave their jobs

https://www.police1.com/police-jobs-...gD0Uw4f5fCsVo/

Joel Shults operates Street Smart Training and is the founder of the National Center for Police Advocacy.He retired as Chief of Police in Colorado. Over his 30-year career in uniformed law enforcement and criminal justice education, Joel served in a variety of roles: academy instructor, police chaplain, deputy coroner, investigator, community relations officer, college professor and police ...

Budget cuts, city council among reasons why so many ...

https://thepostmillennial.com/budget...rs-are-leaving

Since July 1, 115 officers have left the Portland Police Bureau. 74 of which retired, and 41 resigned, with an additional two resigning and one retiring at the end of April. Of those that left, 31 of which filled out the voluntary exit form, The exit forms, obtained by The Oregonian highlighted a wide dissatisfaction with the bureau.

Police Departments, Funding, Stats & Data

https://usafacts.org/articles/police...nts-explained/

How many police departments are subject to community oversight? There are 137 police oversight entities for city and county police departments, covering 124 jurisdictions. Some jurisdictions have more than one oversight body. This means 1% of local police departments are subject to community oversight.

Fleeing the force: Experienced LMPD officers leaving for ...

https://www.wave3.com/2019/07/16/ton...r-departments/

Meanwhile, the total number of officers who've left the department since fiscal year 2015 is 538, leaving a total of 155 fewer officers. Graudick's concerns are more pointed; he said he worries about the future of the city. "It's definitely politics over public safety," he said.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:35 AM

4,946 posts, read 2,089,760 times
Well, after serving a little over 26 years in law enforcement, I pulled the plug last February since it’s not worth it anymore. I was hoping to do another five years, but the risk of being labeled a racist... Even if you’re half Black, is simply too great since the Left and the Leftist media will do everything in their power to destroy you and your family.

Plus, I hate when the Left truly believes that cops wake up every morning with the goal of harassing or killing Black people, which is nothing but a bold face lie that can’t be backed up by actual facts. Yes, cops are forced into situations were Black men and women are shot and killed, but if you are a honest person and look at all the actions, from both sides, you will see that over 99% of those encounters could have been prevented if the individuals would have simply complied with the lawful instructions and not resist or physically assault a cop.

Honestly, the Left is getting what they wanted and the only way people like that will ever change their minds and look at the facts, not the emotions, is when they become victims of a violent crime, which is now happening in the Seattle area. Since June/July to December 2020, Seattle police has had 200 officers either retire or moved on to better things. And this year, from January to March 2021, Seattle lost another 66 officer... Just in the first three months of this year, which leads everybody to see that Seattle will probably loose anywhere from 250 to 300 cops before December of this year. Even the police Chief has finally admitted that they, the police, are in a crisis mode and do not have the numbers of officers to properly patrol the city. A 911 call for a Priority One emergency now takes 9-11 minutes to have an armed officer respond to the scene. as I often say in these discussions is that those 9-11 minutes is a long time when you’re being murdered.

Btw, the cops that are leaving are your most experienced and experts in their fields and are the ones that trained the younger cops on how to resolve issues with verbal commands and with a good “officer presence.”

Plus, with all the cops either retiring or fleeing from Seattle in record numbers both property crimes and all types of other violent crimes, to include murders, has skyrocketed to record numbers. Right now, both the mayor and the entire city council (clowncil) have effectively painted themselves into a corner with all their anti police talk and actual defunding of the police. Now, they don’t know how to get out of this self inflicted wound they caused with all their thoughtless and careless talks and public speeches... Seattle even chased away the first Black female police Chief in the city’s history last year.

As for me, I’m not worried about being a victim since I’m than capable of protect myself, my family and my property all by myself. Where the problem lays is with the people that can’t fend for themselves for whatever reasons.

A couple of days ago, my better half and I were watching the news where a person was fatally shot in the face for no known reason in Seattle. She asked me that being retired, do I still have to protect other people in an emergency? I responded back with a simple no and that I’m more than happy I’m no longer responsible for that task anymore... While on and off duty.

2021 is already lining itself up to being a violent year across the country and all I can say is that I truly hope that people, especially in our major urban centers, have the means to protect themselves... If not, I hope that they’re OK with the possibility of being a defenseless victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies