Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When did you smell a rat in the Covid narrative?
Pretty much from the get-go. 66 61.68%
At a later point. (explain in post) 19 17.76%
I always faithfully believed it. 22 20.56%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 06:03 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times

Advertisements

Waaaaay back in March or even February 2020, when the Covid craze first swept our nation, did it seem believable to you? Or did you smell a rat? I found it unnerving to read about the human rights violations on Diamond Princess, where Covid broke out early on. But I kind of believed the story. Who knew what the virus could be. Then it hit the US shores.

Mr. Pritzker (D-IL) locked the state down from March 21 thru April 7. OK, I could handle 2.5 weeks of quarantine; I'm man enough to handle it. Anything getting that much news coverage had to be true, I hoped. The Democrats' very own Mr. Fauci even said "two weeks to flatten the curve", so the story seemed legit. Plus, as an essential worker (logistics for hospitals), I wouldn't really be quarantining; I got to leave home at least for work (and groceries). So whatever; bring it on, Democrats!

April 7 came, and Pritzker extended the quarantine until April 30. THAT'S when I smelled a rat. Somebody was behind it (George Soros?), because it was certainly a lot more than two weeks. Who was fudging the numbers? Who was planting empty refrigeration trucks next to hospitals? Why was Facebook censoring anti-quarantine protests? Despite the Democrats' attempts to lie to us, I pretended to "take it seriously" to appease the believers, and slogged through the quarantine while angrily resenting it.

Then, when April 30 came, Pritzker extended it YET AGAIN until May 29. All while neighboring states were getting ready to reopen. That's when I realized I was getting proverbially buggered, and the Covid narrative was a bold-faced lie. So I decided: "**** [Copulate] it! I'm done!" I started going to parties with conservative friends, and driving to Indiana to get haircuts and sit in a bar for an hour. My belief was fully clinched when the Democrats rooted for maskless crowds of violent looters trashing out downtowns, while telling law-abiding citizens not to have parties.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 04-28-2021 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 06:04 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
When the word "China" came up. Why is it almost every virus since the damn Justinian Plague in the early A.Ds. seems to originate from that place? LOL

Old 04-28-2021, 06:06 PM

10,452 posts, read 4,038,191 times
I knew the democrats would try to do something to steal the election, so right away I knew this was what their plan is.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:07 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
That would have to be when he said it’s one person coming in (to the US) who has it and it will go to zero from there.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:07 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
When the word "China" came up. Why is it every virus since the damn Justinian Plague in the early A.Ds. seems to originate from that place? LOL

Too many people packed too close together.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Almost from the beginning. Where there is panic and government holding hands there's plenty of rats.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:13 PM

10,452 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Too many people packed too close together.
And they also like to eat every damn thing in existence.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Waaaaay back in March or even February 2020, when the Covid craze first swept our nation, did it seem believable to you? Or did you smell a rat? I found it unnerving to read about the human rights violations on Diamond Princess, where Covid broke out early on. But I kind of believed the story. Who knew what the virus could be. Then it hit the US shores.

Mr. Pritzker (D-IL) locked the state down from March 21 thru April 7. OK, I could handle 2.5 weeks of quarantine; I'm man enough to handle it. Anything getting that much news coverage had to be true, I hoped. The Democrats' very own Mr. Fauci even said "two weeks to flatten the curve", so the story seemed legit. Plus, as an essential worker (logistics for hospitals), I wouldn't really be quarantining; I got to leave home at least for work (and groceries). So whatever; bring it on, Democrats!

April 7 came, and Pritzker extended the quarantine until April 30. THAT'S when I smelled a rat. Somebody was behind it (George Soros?), because it was certainly a lot more than two weeks. Who was fudging the numbers? Who was planting empty refrigeration trucks next to hospitals? Why was Facebook censoring anti-quarantine protests? Despite the Democrats' attempts to lie to us, I pretended to "take it seriously" to appease the believers, and slogged through the quarantine while angrily resenting it.

Then, when April 30 came, Pritzker extended it YET AGAIN until May 29. All while neighboring states were getting ready to reopen. That's when I realized I was getting proverbially buggered, and the Covid narrative was a bold-faced lie. So I decided: "**** [Copulate] it! I'm done!" I started going to parties with conservative friends, and driving to Indiana to get haircuts and sit in a bar for an hour. My belief was fully clinched when the Democrats rooted for maskless crowds of violent looters trashing out downtowns, while telling law-abiding citizens not to have parties.
Did you forget to add that hospitals across the country reporting they were full of covid patients were bold faced lies? If you toured inside those hospitals most beds were empty?

Old 04-28-2021, 06:45 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
when they not only refused to blame China...but started covering up for China

Old 04-28-2021, 06:46 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Did you forget to add that hospitals across the country reporting they were full of covid patients were bold faced lies? If you toured inside those hospitals most beds were empty?
Yes, I'm familiar with #FilmYourHospital. I was afraid to do it myself, because I didn't want to lose my job, but the temptation was there. I wish more people did it and shared the content. Because whatever was shared got censored out of existence.

Heck, I made equipment deliveries to hospitals, right during the underbelly of the pLandemic. I saw the parking lots much emptier than I thought, and the people in the receiving area I talked to said there were no bed packed into hallways, like the news reported. (I didn't bring up "liberal media" verbatim, but I feel like they got what I was hinting at.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies