Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 06:25 PM

2,828 posts, read 820,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Childcare is very expensive and the quality is often .... Employees get paid close to nothing. Anything wrong with this picture?
Years ago my ex worked in a daycare center and said "they were nothing but a prison for kids".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Millionaires and billionaires cheat on their taxes!!!! who knew?
They don't necessarily cheat, they use the loopholes legally provided by the IRS/government.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:32 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,713,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I watched for two minutes tops. Had to decontaminate my screen after I turned it off. A grotesque theater production.
Lysol 5000 will clean "Joe Contamination" from your screen.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I have always thought this. I mean, I understand if you come on hard times and need temporary help...but if you can't feed, clothe and educate your children, DON'T HAVE THEM.
Unfortunately when you give people free s**t it becomes a way of life for them instead of a bridge to a better life/future.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I watched for two minutes tops. Had to decontaminate my screen after I turned it off. A grotesque theater production.
Hell, I fell asleep!

Old 04-29-2021, 06:39 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,713,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Years ago my ex worked in a daycare center and said "they were nothing but a prison for kids".
Speaking of nightmare Day Care Centers: They had one old lady (age 85) taking care of 12 newborns all by herself. There was a surprise health inspection so they took the cook and put her in the newborn room, as there was supposed to be one adult per 6 kids. They only put the cook in there temporarily because they were being inspected...... As soon as the inspectors left, they took the cook and put her back in the kitchen and the old woman was again alone with 12 newborns.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
We pay more than three times more for prescription medication.... let’s change that

Health care should be a right not a privilege.

It’s time for corporate America to pay their fair share

Let’s reward work not wealth

It is time to grow the economy from the bottom and middle out
Something liberals don't give much thought to, corporations/companies create jobs lotsa jobs if you start taxing them too much they will take their business elsewhere and a lot of people will be out of work. Why do you think Trump lowered the corporate income tax? It is economics 101. We want to bring companies home not drive them away.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Joe’s knocking it out of the park. How can you honestly disagree with anything he is saying? The vaccine has been a big success for America. Our economy is coming back. But there’s more to be done. Like infrastructure for example.
You mean the vaccine Trump saw from start to finish with warp speed, that one?

Old 04-29-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Well hopefully we can get back to decent policy debates on things like taxes now that some of the chaos has passed.
You mean the chaos caused by the Democrats?

Old 04-29-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What are you watching? I’m watching the President make a clear, coherent impassioned speech. He is obviously all there. Impressive for his age.
The teleprompter is in big print mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies