Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 09:12 AM

22,652 posts, read 24,563,352 times

Advertisements

If I did not care too much for my job, no way would I go back if I could continue to
scoop-up those bennies.

30-trillion and counting, LOTS more where that came from!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 09:27 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,474 times
I surely won't. Kamala and Joe just got me a new car, a new house and a permanent welfare check coming in at 5000 Dollars a month.

Why should I be going to work?

I don't understand why so many people are homeless.

They can just go to the next government office in their city and get a free house, free car, free everything.

This is a beautiful country.

Last edited by itsjustmeagain; 04-29-2021 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-29-2021, 09:43 AM

20,077 posts, read 8,987,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Not me. I'm retired, and receiving free goodies. ;-)
me too. So far we've collected around $1.7 million in retirement pensions/SS from the gubment in the 13+ years since we retired at 55. I hope to live long enough to surpass $3M before I'm done. Thank you CSRS...... Now back to work you slugs! !

Old 04-29-2021, 09:57 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,190,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I heard on a TV talk show last night that 49% of Americans do not pay taxes which means 51% are working and their taxes allow the 49% to coast along.

Biden is giving it all away with free this and free that. He is like a drug dealer getting people hooked on lies. Who is going to vote against a free ride? What Republican, if they can ever get elected to higher office again, is going to be able to reel back the Freebies without looking like a racist monster that hates kids? That will be how the Lefty media will portray anyone that tries to bail out the sinking SS America.

We are sinking so we might as well enjoy the last days.
well ....

the majority of the 49% do pay payroll taxes. And since personal income taxes aren't the only source of the Fed gov't, they get "credit" for some of the corporate taxes, excise taxes, etc.

I think it's great that folks who only earn a certain amount are given a large exclusion on their income - a larger exclusion than before, and even fewer people pay an income tax and fewer have to do more than essentially a 1040-EZ. Clearly, a near majority of people have little financial acumen, and so we need to make it as easy on them as possible.

Now, the real concern is if/when you have a majority actually getting a check from the government.

Because that is where we were headed under Obama. And it's where we would have been if HRC was elected. And it's where we're headed again now. "If you vote for me, I'll give you free money". Does a politician REALLY need anything else?

People love, above almost everything else, what they see as "free money". That's what 50% of the first stimulus in 2020 was, and at least that much of Biden's.

If your income didn't change, or your expenses didn't significantly increase, because of Covid, that's ALL it was.

Free money.

And it's why the "approval polls" for the Biden stimulus check were so high. It was just more free money that the recipients don't ever have to give back or get taxed on.

Old 04-29-2021, 10:01 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,190,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Taxes are taxes and the number is roughly 27% pay no net federal taxes. The vast majority are very young, old, and/or destitute.

Note I am not for most of Biden's plan. It just drives me nuts when people claim the number is 47 (or 49) percent.
27% get some or all of their FICA refunded?

The bottom 50% of earners (those below $41K) pay an average of 4% income tax. Can't say I've seen it broken down to under 40% of earners vs 40-50% group, but I'd assume the number has got to be very close to 40% pay no federal income taxes.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:07 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,951,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I heard on a TV talk show last night that 49% of Americans do not pay taxes which means 51% are working and their taxes allow the 49% to coast along.

Biden is giving it all away with free this and free that. He is like a drug dealer getting people hooked on lies. Who is going to vote against a free ride? What Republican, if they can ever get elected to higher office again, is going to be able to reel back the Freebies without looking like a racist monster that hates kids? That will be how the Lefty media will portray anyone that tries to bail out the sinking SS America.

We are sinking so we might as well enjoy the last days.

The America didn't sink; it ran aground.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/cf...0b46926c86.jpg

Old 04-29-2021, 11:17 AM

17,001 posts, read 12,578,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
27% get some or all of their FICA refunded?

The bottom 50% of earners (those below $41K) pay an average of 4% income tax. Can't say I've seen it broken down to under 40% of earners vs 40-50% group, but I'd assume the number has got to be very close to 40% pay no federal income taxes.
Sorry for unclarity.

Net federal taxes: FIT+SS+Medicare

Roughly 27% of people that number is <0

Old 04-29-2021, 01:00 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,787,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I see no reason to go bust your rear in corporate America and the rat race if the neverending free goodies continue on for 8-12 more years or longer. We all may as well take advantage of it And crap out a billion kids while we’re at it
Most of my friends have been working during this entire pandemic. I know no one sitting home collecting a paycheck. Some even got a job in the last year.

Last edited by trobesmom; 04-29-2021 at 01:43 PM..

Old 04-29-2021, 01:06 PM

424 posts, read 175,544 times
Quote:
I see no reason to go bust your rear in corporate America and the rat race if the neverending free goodies continue on for 8-12 more years or longer. We all may as well take advantage of it And crap out a billion kids while we’re at it
You basically complain constantly about working anyway. LOL Most people enjoy being productive.

Old 04-29-2021, 01:40 PM

4,368 posts, read 1,689,691 times
Quote:
Go for it. People have been saying that about people on welfare for years. Let me know how it works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies