Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 05:04 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
That is why the OP I think was saying we just all have to start accepting that the real way to avoid covid is to look to other solutions and stop obsessing on the vaccine.

I myself lost enough weight to get down to merely overweight and I am still working on it.

I have a high level of blood vitamin d.

Vaccine might be a factor for those who are likely to get sick from the virus but it is not the solution in and of itself.
The vaccine is 95% effective across the spectrum what "other solutions" do you have that can match that number. Balanced diet and weight loss are good goals for many reasons but that doesn't come close to the solution of the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 06:24 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The vaccine is 95% effective across the spectrum what "other solutions" do you have that can match that number. Balanced diet and weight loss are good goals for many reasons but that doesn't come close to the solution of the vaccine.
You are wrong... the vaccine is not working well and has very short term antibodies and does not have the back ups that natural immunity gives you.

And of course, you're forgetting that there are other vaccines that are not as effective.

Forgetting there are variants...

Forgetting that covid mutates like the flu

Facts are with 1/2 of the US population with at least ONE vaccine in them... the cases and serious cases and deaths haven't really moved since January.

Facts are showing that his "thing" people are having injected isn't working too good.

You might want to look at the population of deaths in your state... right now.. betting mean age is 60 or above... all presumably vaccinated.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:41 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
You are wrong... the vaccine is not working well and has very short term antibodies and does not have the back ups that natural immunity gives you.

And of course, you're forgetting that there are other vaccines that are not as effective.

Facts are with 1/2 of the US population with at least ONE vaccine in them... the cases and serious cases and deaths haven't really moved since January.

Facts are showing that his "thing" people are having injected isn't working too good.

You might want to look at the population of deaths in your state... right now.. betting mean age is 60 or above... all presumably vaccinated.
No idea where you get the information that it isn't working well and at this point it is handling the variants. So far 27% of the nation are fully vaccinated 43% received at least one dose.

If you have a source for your claim put it up, if you have a better option I would like to hear that also.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:12 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Quote:

Let's see anything that supports this. And no epochtimes or gatwaypundit or CD Forum data

Less effective? OK Is there any vaccine that is less effective than 0%?

Not sure where you live but in January 7 day death average was 3K now it is 700. In January daily cases were 250K now it is about 50K. These are from CDC.

How do you explain the numbers above if this "thing" is not working too good? You believe numbers are down because of what? Explain.

This post is really full of Antivaxxer's emotions. See response in bolded.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:22 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Not sure where you live but in January 7 day death average was 3K now it is 700. In January daily cases were 250K now it is about 50K. These are from CDC.
It was 40k a day back in September 2020, and no vaccines. Not saying these vaccines aren't having an effect, but back around January, we already had passed the apex of our second wave, and were going down when mass vaccinations began.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:53 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
More and more studies saying vaccination isn't gonna do it.

https://academic.oup.com/jid/advance...iab161/6184123
This article is not saying that. This article is about cross reactivity/immunity due to past exposure to other coronaviruses. And there does not appear to be improvement against the current spike protein.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:44 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Maybe I am tempting fate here but I think some people are naturally immune to covid.

I may be but I have a co worker who has been working the entire time because her kids all got it and she didn't... she has 5 kids. She hasn't gotten it the entire time she has been working and she is in IT so she is the person in the building traveling around to fix issues that need fixing (which can be in public spaces). Many people in the building got it but all recovered fine.

I had wondered if someone who was exposed to a lot of colds / flus and other corona viruses over the years (parents of young / younger children) might be immune.

Which might make sense as to why it hits the elderly so badly.
A lot of people are 'naturally' immune to this virus.

The coronavirus had been around in different strains for much longer than any of us have been alive. It will continue to develop new strains and will be around long after all of are dead and gone. The presentation of the coronavirus as something fundamentally new and unfamiliar to us is blatantly misleading and wrong by anyone who has been doing that, even inadvertently.

A very large percent of the population, which has been estimated at between 40%-60%, was apparently naturally immune before any of this started, probably from prior exposure to similar versions of the coronavirus that came and went in the years and decades that have already gone by. This should come as no surprise, considering how pervasive the coronavirus has been in our society for as long as we have all lived and longer.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Everyone at my job that got the vaccine, has had to be hospitalized for complications. One woman has been in a coma now for over two weeks.
I don't believe this for a second.

How many people is "everyone" and what vaccine(s) did they receive?

Old 04-30-2021, 08:51 AM

8,122 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
A lot of people are 'naturally' immune to this virus.

The coronavirus had been around in different strains for much longer than any of us have been alive. It will continue to develop new strains and will be around long after all of are dead and gone. The presentation of the coronavirus as something fundamentally new and unfamiliar to us is blatantly misleading and wrong by anyone who has been doing that, even inadvertently.

A very large percent of the population, which has been estimated at between 40%-60%, was apparently naturally immune before any of this started, probably from prior exposure to similar versions of the coronavirus that came and went in the years and decades that have already gone by. This should come as no surprise, considering how pervasive the coronavirus has been in our society for as long as we have all lived and longer.
No. Mathematically impossible.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:52 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
I think that's some of it. A couple years before Covid, I recall reading a quote by an epidemiologist who was asked what the best thing you could do for your kids immune systems and her amusing response was something along the lines of "let them play on the floor of a subway car." As someone who has worked from home for a year, I wonder if we'll all start getting colds and flu in great numbers when we eventually start mixing in the office again.

A lot of factors go into how sick you get. Blood type seems to play a roll, and there is significant evidence that a low level of vitamin D in your blood leads to a more severe case. Anecdotal, but of all the people I've known that had Covid, by far the person with the worst outcome was a guy that has worked nights for nearly 20 years, and enjoys online gaming more than going outside. He was sickly pale, like a vampire, before Covid.
Hiding our kids from stuff like this makes them weaker, not stronger. I remember when I was in elementary school, the chicken pox started going around, and all the kids were getting it. I am pretty sure my mother wanted all of us to get it at the same time and did nothing to discourage that, as far as separating and quarantining us. Quite the contrary, in fact. So we all got it, and after a few weeks, it was water under the bridge.

Children and young adults are as strong as they are ever likely to be against these sorts of health threats. That is the time for them to get exposed to a lot of this stuff - this current virus certainly included - so that they can build immunities that will last them in all likelihood, the rest of their lives. This is the natural way for us to strengthen our defenses and to build immunity. Those parents and "experts" who offer advice that separates them and deprives them from that, are no true "experts" at all.

We live in a violent and dangerous world. Cowering in fear and retreating from every minor threat just makes it even more dangerous for us, counterintuitive that may seem to some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies