Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2021, 05:21 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Sure, anything can be reframed. But in this case your reframing was the antithesis of your personal view. I'm not sure what the point of that is really.
Its not the antithesis if my personal view. It is my personal view but I don't agree with the severity of the results. I dont like exposing private citizens to that kind of scrutiny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 05:28 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Just so everyone screaming cancel culture understands that their opinions have real world consequence for the people they express them against. People used to have to hide things about themselves because of popular opinion. Losing their job and facing scorn was among them I'm sure.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:33 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,067,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
I haven't heard about anybody attacking trannies.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rd/3639313001/

Old 05-01-2021, 05:35 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Okay, fine. Go with the kid's wishes and normalize it. Maybe then he & others who dress to get a reaction out of others will be ignored instead. Then when they don't get the attention they seek, when they don't get the opportunity to put differing opinions up on the gallows.... they'll have to come up with another way to make themselves relevant.

There's a cart collector at my local Target store. Nice guy, does his job and is always working hard whenever I see him. He wears the required red top, khaki bottom that all the other Target staff wear. His bottom happens to be a skirt instead of slacks. No big deal is made about it, he doesn't seem to want attention and everyone around him is a-ok. Because he's not trying to make it more than it is. Prom boy, on the other hand, clearly was. He got exactly what he wanted: the spotlight. Because some loudmouth didn't choose to ignore him.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:47 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What exactly do you think could come before, or after it, that would excuse a grown man harassing children?
In the 45 second recording, I hear a lot of cursing, yelling and questions ... coming from the prom-goers.

The man is standing there shuffling around, with a cell phone shoved at him.

What DID come before? We don't know. To pretend it went one way or the other? No one ones.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:49 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Okay, fine. Go with the kid's wishes and normalize it. Maybe then he & others who dress to get a reaction out of others will be ignored instead. Then when they don't get the attention they seek, when they don't get the opportunity to put differing opinions up on the gallows.... they'll have to come up with another way to make themselves relevant.

There's a cart collector at my local Target store. Nice guy, does his job and is always working hard whenever I see him. He wears the required red top, khaki bottom that all the other Target staff wear. His bottom happens to be a skirt instead of slacks. No big deal is made about it, he doesn't seem to want attention and everyone around him is a-ok. Because he's not trying to make it more than it is. Prom boy, on the other hand, clearly was. He got exactly what he wanted: the spotlight. Because some loudmouth didn't choose to ignore him.

Exactly.

people who are happy with themselves and comfortable in their own skin do not seek attention. They are too busy living.

If this prom boy was happy and comfortable with himself? We never would've heard about this.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Dresses are for women.. if a man puts on a dress it is a man wearing a dress. It does not make him a woman.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:12 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Tennessee is probably not the place for that guy. LOL. or is it girl? I'm confused.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:13 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
We don't really know that do we?
We do know that the company fired him after "investigating and speaking to individuals involved". Do you think they did that to their CEO lightly? This idiot didn't do this in a vacuum, there were plenty of witnesses along with the video snippet. Don't you think that if the witnesses contradicted the video this idiot would still have a job?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ez-FtU4W...jpg&name=small

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
NOBODY is saying he shouldn't be able to wear a dress. Stop being purposely dishonest.

People just want the freedom to comment without Corporate retribution and losing their livelihoods for having a non Woke OPINION.
Yep, he's entitled to have an opinion, maybe not so entitled to get up in some guys face and bait him and harass him with those opinions without facing social repercussions.
Quote:
The man is standing there shuffling around, with a cell phone shoved at him.
Not very good at reading body language and facial clues are you? He's not innocently standing there, drawn into something against his will.

Last edited by DubbleT; 05-01-2021 at 07:21 AM..

Old 05-01-2021, 07:30 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Nope.

My argument is that a) he looks ridiculous but b) wants everyone to tell him he looks awesome.
He looks amazing in that dress. He looks better than any female I have ever seen in a dress.

My perspective is probably skewed, though, since I'm very gay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies