U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 05:26 PM

14,783 posts, read 12,505,398 times

Advertisements

Absolutely right. It's not funny. Not funny at all. No more funny than a black person getting lynched under a tree in the old south. What makes these absolute DULLARDS think that racism toward whites (or any other skin tone) is any better than racism towards blacks? What in their underdeveloped, pea-sized brains makes them think that?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 12:10 AM

10,465 posts, read 5,674,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Absolutely right. It's not funny. Not funny at all. No more funny than a black person getting lynched under a tree in the old south. What makes these absolute DULLARDS think that racism toward whites (or any other skin tone) is any better than racism towards blacks? What in their underdeveloped, pea-sized brains makes them think that?
Racism is the belief that distant populations aren't identical in ability, behavior, and/or intelligence.

People who claim they're not racist are virtue-signaling unscientific morons.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Racism is the belief that distant populations aren't identical in ability, behavior, and/or intelligence.

People who claim they're not racist are virtue-signaling unscientific morons.
Incorrect. Sorry, but completely fallacious.

Here is a snippet from the dictionary:

... the belief that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Notice the superiority part. THAT is racism. Racism is not observing and affirming differences between the races. That's called opening your eyes.

Science (and my eyes) tells me there are differences between the races. It doesn't tell me that one race is superior to another. What in your estimation makes one race "superior" to another? Is it the average IQ? If you think that, your IQ must not be up to par. Are Asians superior to whites, hispanics, blacks, etc, because their average IQ is a couple ticks higher than everyone else? In my opinion, no. An average is an average and there are both geniuses and morons of all races. Besides, IQ is not the be all end all of human worth. There are plenty of other determiners.

I guess one big difference between a collectivist (I'm assuming such as yourself) and an individualist (like me) is that the individualist sees individuals rather than categories and bases his or her opinion as to the "worth" of that individual on that individual's personal character, demeanor, actions, (and yeah...) appearance as in style, opinions, thoughts, etc.

For me, the biggest factor of human "worth" is whether said individual is a good or an evil person. Evil people are worth squat, whether they are black, white, blue, green, or purple. And whether they are geniuses or buffoons. What constitutes "evil" you ask? Well, that's fodder for another discussion, but suffice it to say there are evil whites just as there are evil blacks.

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-08-2021 at 09:39 AM..

Old 05-08-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
1) The belief that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
2) Notice the superiority part. THAT is racism. Racism is not observing and affirming differences between the races. That's called opening your eyes.
1) All differences are subjectively inferior or superior. If you're 1 inch taller than me, or have 1 IQ more than me, you're either inferior or superior in one way or another. Someone who is blonde or redheaded, or who has blue eyes or greens eyes, is superior to some people, but not to others. If you make a dollar more an hour than me, or less than me, it is the same thing. Thus in order to have equality, everyone would have be exactly the same.

2) Because of the explanation above, the use of the term "superior" is too broad. Any time you have an opinion about anything you will consider some things superior to others. If I have an opinion about countries, or cultures, or religions, or the flavor of ice cream; In the back of my mind I'm thinking that I like one more than the other. Thus to never believe in the superiority of anything, is to never have an opinion. It is to be an unthinking dullard.

Quote:
Science (and my eyes) tells me there are differences between the races. It doesn't tell me that one race is superior to another. What in your estimation makes one race "superior" to another?
Science deals with the objective, but almost everything is subjective. For instance, is lactose-intolerance inferior? What about being able to do the Asian squat?

Blacks tend to be better at basketball than Eskimos. The reason is almost entirely physiological. In particular Eskimos have short limbs relative to their height(and tend to be much shorter in general). While Africans tend to have long limbs relative to their height. The reason is that Eskimos live in a cold climate where it is much harder to keep limbs far from your heart warm. While Africans live in warm climates where longer limbs give you a longer reach and greater surface area.

This is also why Africans tend to sweat a lot, while Northeast Asians and Eskimos almost never sweat(which is also why East Asians have "dry earwax").

So which is better? Dry earwax in Asians often "clogs", and they have to use earpicks to remove built up wax. But they sweat less so they don't stink as much. Which would you prefer?

Regardless, all human variation was inferior or superior at some place and at some time. Black hair is "designed" to evaporate sweat quickly by vastly increasing surface area, and preventing water from getting trapped. Most black women seem to straighten their hair or wear wigs, even more so in the media. It is probably safe to say that "black hair" isn't considered "superior" in the world as it is. But if I was chasing big game on foot in Africa, I would 100% want that kind of hair.

Quote:
I guess one big difference between a collectivist and an individualist is that the individualist sees individuals rather than categories and bases his or her opinion as to the "worth" of that individual on that individual's personal character, demeanor, actions, (and yeah...) appearance as in style, opinions, thoughts, etc.
1) I'm an anti-statist. Everything I write is just a diatribe on my hatred of the state. But my hatred of the state is all derived from a single thing. The state creates a world of strangers and holds them together by force.

2) Whatever you consider "worth" is just your opinion. What you find valuable I might consider trash. What you consider moral, I might consider evil. Jonathan Haidt talks about the five main moral values, and depending on how important each value is to you, it shapes your worldview. Here are the values...

1) Care for Others/Do no harm;
2) Fairness/Justice/Equality;
3) In-Group Loyalty;
4) Respect for Authority;
5) Purity.

According to Haidt, liberals tend to score highly on the top two, but are pretty much absent on the bottom three. If you score highly on all of the bottom three, you are a conservative. My guess is you score pretty low on most of these traits.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...cal-psychology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOQduoLgRw

EDIT: Let me add, I think I probably score highly on loyalty. But I think a better word would be "trust". I have extremely low levels of trust for other humans. I don't trust any of you people. I probably hold trust as my highest social virtue. Which is why I hate America.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 05-08-2021 at 11:39 AM..

Old 05-08-2021, 02:32 PM

29 posts, read 6,856 times
This individual sounds like a very disturbed and aberrant person, and I hope they are removed from any leadership or position of power.

But, I can’t help but wonder if those of you who are so outraged by this individual’s behavior and consider it as representative of the “left” and/or liberals, do you feel outraged by Marjorie Taylor Greene?

Old 05-08-2021, 07:45 PM

35,014 posts, read 23,127,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saramarie56 View Post
This individual sounds like a very disturbed and aberrant person, and I hope they are removed from any leadership or position of power.

But, I can’t help but wonder if those of you who are so outraged by this individual’s behavior and consider it as representative of the “left” and/or liberals, do you feel outraged by Marjorie Taylor Greene?
which racial group did MTG claim to 'hate so much it's not even funny'?

Old 05-09-2021, 02:06 PM

29 posts, read 6,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
which racial group did MTG claim to 'hate so much it's not even funny'?

I’m referring to her endorsement of executing her political opponents and her Q’Anon beliefs which are deeply rooted in white supremacy.

“Greene, who has repeatedly come under fire for her past support of the QAnon conspiracy theory, liked comments that said that "a bullet to the head would be quicker" than removing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and that "through removal or death, doesn't matter, as long as she [Pelosi] goes."

Greene also responded to a user who suggested that former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton be hanged by saying: "Stage is being set. Players are being put in place. We must be patient. This must be done perfectly or liberal judges would let them off."

Then, in a speech she posted on Facebook Live, Greene said that Pelosi was "guilty of treason" and that treason is "a crime punishable by death."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ocial-n1255903

Old 05-09-2021, 04:44 PM

10,208 posts, read 9,564,214 times
Quote:
What is there to like?
I love white people.....

Old 05-09-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I love white people.....
Why? Don't get me wrong, all the people I love are white, but I don't love white people.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
1) All differences are subjectively inferior or superior. If you're 1 inch taller than me, or have 1 IQ more than me, you're either inferior or superior in one way or another. Someone who is blonde or redheaded, or who has blue eyes or greens eyes, is superior to some people, but not to others. If you make a dollar more an hour than me, or less than me, it is the same thing. Thus in order to have equality, everyone would have be exactly the same.

2) Because of the explanation above, the use of the term "superior" is too broad. Any time you have an opinion about anything you will consider some things superior to others. If I have an opinion about countries, or cultures, or religions, or the flavor of ice cream; In the back of my mind I'm thinking that I like one more than the other. Thus to never believe in the superiority of anything, is to never have an opinion. It is to be an unthinking dullard.

Science deals with the objective, but almost everything is subjective. For instance, is lactose-intolerance inferior? What about being able to do the Asian squat?

Blacks tend to be better at basketball than Eskimos. The reason is almost entirely physiological. In particular Eskimos have short limbs relative to their height(and tend to be much shorter in general). While Africans tend to have long limbs relative to their height. The reason is that Eskimos live in a cold climate where it is much harder to keep limbs far from your heart warm. While Africans live in warm climates where longer limbs give you a longer reach and greater surface area.

This is also why Africans tend to sweat a lot, while Northeast Asians and Eskimos almost never sweat(which is also why East Asians have "dry earwax").

So which is better? Dry earwax in Asians often "clogs", and they have to use earpicks to remove built up wax. But they sweat less so they don't stink as much. Which would you prefer?

Regardless, all human variation was inferior or superior at some place and at some time. Black hair is "designed" to evaporate sweat quickly by vastly increasing surface area, and preventing water from getting trapped. Most black women seem to straighten their hair or wear wigs, even more so in the media. It is probably safe to say that "black hair" isn't considered "superior" in the world as it is. But if I was chasing big game on foot in Africa, I would 100% want that kind of hair.

1) I'm an anti-statist. Everything I write is just a diatribe on my hatred of the state. But my hatred of the state is all derived from a single thing. The state creates a world of strangers and holds them together by force.

2) Whatever you consider "worth" is just your opinion. What you find valuable I might consider trash. What you consider moral, I might consider evil. Jonathan Haidt talks about the five main moral values, and depending on how important each value is to you, it shapes your worldview. Here are the values...

1) Care for Others/Do no harm;
2) Fairness/Justice/Equality;
3) In-Group Loyalty;
4) Respect for Authority;
5) Purity.

According to Haidt, liberals tend to score highly on the top two, but are pretty much absent on the bottom three. If you score highly on all of the bottom three, you are a conservative. My guess is you score pretty low on most of these traits.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...cal-psychology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOQduoLgRw

EDIT: Let me add, I think I probably score highly on loyalty. But I think a better word would be "trust". I have extremely low levels of trust for other humans. I don't trust any of you people. I probably hold trust as my highest social virtue. Which is why I hate America.

So essentially you have both a superiority and a God complex. Okay. If that floats your boat.

And what makes you think you are any more trustworthy than anyone else? Everything you've said in your post could be mirrored right back to you. You speak of subjectivity from the viewpoint of a dogmatist. Oil and water.

BTW, Haidt must be smoking crack. You really think liberals are in the "do no harm" camp? Rubbish. They burned our cities all last summer. They've assaulted, killed, maimed, threatened, intimidated, you name it. They are NOT for fairness, justice, equity at all. They are about as fair, just, and harmless as an SS soldier was during WW2. And you think liberals are NOT loyal? again, Haidt is on crack. They are certainly loyal to their cause. That is how they have nearly destroyed the nation. They are like pitbulls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies