Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Tucker?
Yes, Tucker is right 67 47.18%
No, Tucker is wrong 70 49.30%
Other 5 3.52%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 05:10 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This still rings true today of what we should expect from immigrants......unity not division from them. Unfortunately, not seeing that much of it anymore and that's due to too much legal immigration that started back in 1965 and massive illegal immigration of the past decades.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Response: Opinion

Now many readers know me for one of my comments....

assimilate or disintegrate which I coined a few years back.
Now you know it's influences and origins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 05:30 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Anytime one has used the word "Murica or Murican" it was always meant in a sarcastic way and to criticize Americans and especially patriotic Americans. I have seen it time and time again in this forum. It's always used to elevate foreigners above us and to put us down. Let's not play dumb here especially those of you that have been in this forum for quite awhile. Just do a research of the posts in this forum using those words.

U.S. or USA is just an abbreviation of the United States of America but of course those who defend the slanderous term of "Murica" know this but like to play games instead.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:33 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think Tucker is going too far to claim that it is an assault on democracy.
Dissolving the people and electing a new one, as Bertolt Brecht satirically suggested, is the ultimate in anti-democracy.

The intent of those who pushed that bill was for the government to choose the people instead of the people choosing the government. Yes, Tucker is right.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:33 PM

15,944 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Tucker speaking truth, as usual. This was in response to the asinine statement by the empty suit two nights ago claiming "white supremacist terrorism" was the greatest threat to American democracy.

Do you agree with Tucker?
The poll needed one more category. Tucker knows nothing.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:42 PM

552 posts, read 223,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's pretty creepy. You just walked around asking people of color where they're from?
What a sad, pathetic comment. Obviously you harbor disdain for me.

I could not walk. I was confined to a hospital bed because they were
getting ready to perform 5 hours of surgery on me.

I have traveled all over Europe and spent 2 tours on active duty in the military.
The U.S. military is comprised of people who are citizens of other nations beside
the U.S. Many are citizens of 3rd world nations. Working and serving with them,
I learned a bit about other countries and recognize certain types of names that
are distinct.

The personnel who work for the VA hospital wear nametags with their full name
displayed. They were up close and personal while providing care. I was not
unconscious, so sometimes if I heard an accent or was just chatting, I would
ask them sometimes where they were originally from. They were happy to tell
me and I learned so much.

Again, your comment was derogatory and unnecessary. You meant to insult me
when you posted it. I send all that negative energy of yours right back to you.
May you feel it full force in your own life, when someone does the same to you.
And they will.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
What a sad, pathetic comment. Obviously you harbor disdain for me.

I could not walk. I was confined to a hospital bed because they were
getting ready to perform 5 hours of surgery on me.

I have traveled all over Europe and spent 2 tours on active duty in the military.
The U.S. military is comprised of people who are citizens of other nations beside
the U.S. Many are citizens of 3rd world nations. Working and serving with them,
I learned a bit about other countries and recognize certain types of names that
are distinct.

The personnel who work for the VA hospital wear nametags with their full name
displayed. They were up close and personal while providing care. I was not
unconscious, so sometimes if I heard an accent or was just chatting, I would
ask them sometimes where they were originally from. They were happy to tell
me and I learned so much.

Again, your comment was derogatory and unnecessary. You meant to insult me
when you posted it. I send all that negative energy of yours right back to you.
May you feel it full force in your own life, when someone does the same to you.
And they will.
No really.

https://hbr.org/2020/10/whats-wrong-...e-are-you-from

Old 05-01-2021, 05:50 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
No, I don't agree. Why did the 1965 immigration Act only benefit Democrats?

As far as white surpremacist terrorism goes, all the bodies whose task it is to defend the nation from threats from home and abroad agree that white surpremacist terrorism is the biggest threat to our nation.

White supremacists and racist terrorists pose greatest risk of violence, FBI warns
Can you be possibly BE any more confused? The FBI is not supposed to protect this country from ANYTHING.

Moreover, they have repeatedly proven to be incompetent left-wing liars who target people for their politics and let kids shoot up schools when they were alerted beforehand. And they are lying again. There can be no "white supremacist terrorism" since there is no "white supremacist" political movement.

They're like the KGB.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:13 PM

552 posts, read 223,000 times
Quote:
Save your opinions for someone who cares. I do not.

I am free to be me and you are free to object.

Life goes on.

When I travelled all over Europe, Europeans had no problems asking me where I was from.

Once, on Eurail in Switzerland, a young man asked me. I told him that I was from So. California
and stationed in Hawaii. He absolutely did not believe me. This was back in 1989, so no cell phones.
Based on my appearance, pasty white redhead- he wanted proof. He wrote down his name and
address on paper that he gave me. He asked me to send him a postcard from Hawaii. I was not
the least bit offended.

Last edited by Tylerrose; 05-01-2021 at 06:28 PM..

Old 05-01-2021, 06:47 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Quote:
You brought up a single event to counter the facts that were presented from links I provided that relayed a 20 year history. That's a horrific attempt at trying to ram through the idea that white supremacist terrorism is the biggest threat America is facing. You know why? Because it used data after 9/11 specifically regarding the actual number of deaths from those events. Had it included pre-9/11 data white supremacy terrorism would have been heavily overshadowed by Islamic terrorism. Something I see you didn't think too long about.

Then you went into an emotional tirade about killing women and children completely unaware that if we were using the same standards, which you failed to do because you wanted to restate what I had posted in a more nefarious manner, white supremacy terrorism, or even the more vague right-wing terrorism, is not a threat in the least. It's not even close.

See, that's me not scapegoating an entire group of people (Muslims) because of some bad actors that killed 3,000 Americans. You should try it some time.
Ok, let's do this.
Who created projects?
Who created Redlining?
Who created Jim Crowe Laws?
Who made the rule that NOT all men were created equal in the USA?
Who continued unjust laws targeted at certain communities such as crack vs cocaine?
On and on and on.

Many of the issues facing America today are cause and effect. White folk really thought that herding entire populations within cities into specific areas then ensuring they remain economically depressed for 70+ years was not going to have an effect.

I guess I see a country that is dealing with the effects of horrible policy across the USA for over 100 years and is wishing it could move past the ramifications of those actions.

See White Supremecy created areas like South Side Chicago, Baltimore, Memphis, Houston, Clevland, New York City, and countless towns across the South. Republican, Democrat, it didn't matter, color is all that mattered. Clearly segregated cities with one side left to rot while the other side flourished by design based on who lived where.

Sorry but there is always a cause and effect to all actions. There will be ongoing effects from actions taken today in those same communities. All of that, All of it is cause and effect of US policy, the policy created by white folk to ensure one culture remained suppressed so the other could feel better about themselves.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:54 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It's good then that the founders thought of the electoral college then, where the popular vote does not take the win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And then the globalists who run this nation realized they can export "diversity" (read: democrat votes...and crime, among other joys) to suburbs and around the state via section 8 tax-funded housing.

City Data Thread: Forced Low-Income Housing throughout America is Biden's plan
Trump is that you? You won the election, even though Hilary won the popular vote ---
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies