Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 10:25 AM

177 posts, read 108,084 times

Advertisements

I’m something of a politics junky and have enjoyed participating in this forum since 2009. As a liberal, PAOC has always been my place to go to hear other points of view from my own. And I really respect that most posters here express themselves - left, right, or center- intelligently, without resorting to name-calling or what-aboutism. Lately however, every other post seems to beat the drum of white supremacy and white people “being discriminated against”. I find some of these posts pretty offensive, even if the mods don’t. I never used to feel “dirty” when I was on this forum; sometimes now I do. I don’t want to leave as I have made friends here over the years. I don’t mind reading opposing points of view but really hate the “Stormfront” turn the forum seems to be taking. Your thoughts?

Last edited by winnfarm1947; 04-30-2021 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-30-2021, 10:30 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
stories embarrassing to leftists = 'stormfront'

what the heck is PCOA?

give us your definition of 'white supremists <sic>'

Old 04-30-2021, 10:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
When you are a hammer, everything that does not pander to your feelings, is a nail

Old 04-30-2021, 10:37 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Maybe...

Politics
And
Other
Controversies

I'm not sure how much the OP has participated with 149 posts in over a decade. I guess just mainly reading.

Many liberals have left. There used to be a good bit of black liberals on here - which being a black Christian, was interesting to me to have discussions with them.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 04-30-2021 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 04-30-2021, 10:37 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnfarm1947 View Post
I’m something of a politics junky and have enjoyed participating in this forum since 2009. As a liberal, PCOA has always been my place to go to hear other points of view from my own. And I really respect that most posters here express themselves - left, right, or center- intelligently, without resorting to name-calling or what-aboutism. Lately however, every other post seems to beat the drum of white supremacy and white people “being discriminated against”. I find some of these posts pretty offensive, even if the mods don’t. I never used to feel “dirty” when I was on this forum; sometimes now I do. I don’t want to leave as I have made friends here over the years. I don’t mind reading opposing points of view but really hate the “Stormfront” turn the forum seems to be taking. Your thoughts?
Thread topics have always gone in waves in this forum based on current events. Right now racial debates are all over the news. Unlike far too many places, we do allow opposing views. If you are used to seeing discussion boards that only allow the side you happen to agree with to be discussed, when you stumble on a place that allows both sides equal opportunity to make their case it looks slanted to you.

Just FYI: those on the right swear we play favorites with liberals, those on the left swear we play favorites with conservatives. It’s is always amusing when I get accusations of bias from both side based moderation of the exact same thread.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:38 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Let them talk, flattery gets you everywhere

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-30-2021, 10:49 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
I’m something of a politics junky and have enjoyed participating in this forum since 2009. As a liberal, PAOC has always been my place to go to hear other points of view from my own. And I really respect that most posters here express themselves - left, right, or center- intelligently, without resorting to name-calling or what-aboutism. Lately however, every other post seems to beat the drum of white supremacy and white people “being discriminated against”. I find some of these posts pretty offensive, even if the mods don’t. I never used to feel “dirty” when I was on this forum; sometimes now I do. I don’t want to leave as I have made friends here over the years. I don’t mind reading opposing points of view but really hate the “Stormfront” turn the forum seems to be taking. Your thoughts?
You're way off base here and it's because of your biased liberal views.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:49 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Quote an example of a post here that you consider a “stormfront” turn type post.

Some of the comments of Stormfront make more sense than some of the comments here on CD.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:50 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
This has become a dumpster fire. I rarely read or post anymore because there's no discussion to be had.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:57 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
This has become a dumpster fire. I rarely read or post anymore because there's no discussion to be had.
Do you want a discussion or compliance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies