Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 10:42 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
FB doesn't care.

My cousins and friends have been posting right-wing crap since the beginning of time. They still have their accounts.

Just don't post blatantly fake, dangerous, or racist stuff and you'll be fine. The problem is too many right-wingers can't stay off the crazy and racist train.

Staying Biden is a bad president is fine. Saying Sandy Hook is staged or racist crap is not. Is that so hard for the right-wing to understand?

Exactly, I'm here in right wing extreme country and my FB feed is full of negative post about Biden et al. FB doesn't care as long as you aren't violating TOS, kinda like CD? I mean you guys are still here posting some of the craziest shinola I've seen on a public forum, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 11:12 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
FB is the ultimate in information gathering.
You give it away.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:57 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
If one could rally that group to do such a thing as op suggested, then actually starting their own social media site would probably be the best use of energy.
Wasn't Trump or that pillow fella going to do just that? Or did it turn out to be all sorts of hard?

Old 05-01-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
FB is the ultimate in information gathering.
You give it away.
If you're not paying, you're the product.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I dont do politics on FB.

It is great for keeping up with distant family and for hobbies.
Yep. Hobbies and remembering birthdays.

Old 05-01-2021, 03:11 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
You're missing a huge point. The billions of users don't pay Facebook. A much smaller population of advertisers do. That's how they make money. So the question is how much are the eyeballs on the screen worth. That's directly related to how much money the user population can and is willing to spend on what those advertisers are selling. Even with a much larger population, that number is likely going to be much smaller in India than it is in the US and other more prosperous nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's the numbers, not the amounts. A billion people don't have to pay very much to make Facebook extremely wealthy. And India is only one of the high-count populations where Facebook is a very big deal.

It's one of the best social platforms ever devised. It might be the best of all. It's perfect for families and close friends to stay connected to each other, no matter where they are in the world.

That's pretty danged powerful.

Old 05-05-2021, 02:01 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
FB doesn't care.

My cousins and friends have been posting right-wing crap since the beginning of time. They still have their accounts.

Just don't post blatantly fake, dangerous, or racist stuff and you'll be fine. The problem is too many right-wingers can't stay off the crazy and racist train.

Staying Biden is a bad president is fine. Saying Sandy Hook is staged or racist crap is not. Is that so hard for the right-wing to understand?

When you say "racist," you mean the kind spouted by white people, right? Because I can guarantee you racists of color aren't held to the same standard.

Old 05-05-2021, 02:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What if all the Republicans posted something negative on their Facebook page about this awful administration in the White House. What if everyone on the right posted about how racist old man Joe and Kammalllla are. Everyone made the same comment.

Would Facebook take down all our accts even if it only leaves them with half their customers? Would they be willing to take the loss of customers to support old man Joe?
I think you misunderstand why Trump was banned. It wasn't that he expressed his opinon...it was he was spreading false stories.

There are tons of facebook groups, pages, individuals who are Republican and post their opinions......Saying I don't like Biden isn't the same thing as making up a story about Biden.

I suspect you posting a fake story would hav elittle impact...it might get flagged but probably not.

As our President Trump had a high profile and when he posted fake news it was caught.

Go to Parler and have fun -- why do you need Facebook?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies