Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 12:43 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 10 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 978,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Easily?

The CDC admits off all the deaths only 6% were Covid alone.

And the total deaths, including those with co morbidities, are only 2% of people who get Covid.
Covid can also cause long-term effects due to damage to lungs, heart, and brain, and could be considered a pre-existing health condition. My friend's uncle died from it, my wife's uncle (very healthy, 48) who served in the military had it for a month, was almost hospitalized, and described it as extremely painful. Covid is not something you want to really risk getting.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:44 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,018 times
Quote:
And that is why I am waiting. Shame on those who are trying to make me lose my job in order to save my health because they were soo foolish to run out and get the vaccine.
humanity was set up...

Old 04-30-2021, 12:45 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g500 View Post
Covid can also cause long-term effects due to damage to lungs, heart, and brain, and could be considered a pre-existing health condition. My friend's uncle died from it, my wife's uncle (very healthy, 48) who served in the military had it for a month, was almost hospitalized, and described it as extremely painful. Covid is not something you want to really risk getting.
Blah blah blah.

No evidence yet that there are any "long" covid symptoms. Just a lot of people trying to get out of work saying every ache and pain is related to covid.

What about all the people who had covid and are just fine?

Lot of those.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:48 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It really is.

Very scary. I wish people were more concerned. The implications, if true are horrifying. It is something that can be investigated and quickly according to Dr. Lindsay. So far, no one is doing anything.
Scary? No. Did you even read the link?

1. The incidence is extremely rare and no higher than what would be expected regardless of vaccination status.
2. The article explicitly states that there is NO EVIDENCE that the cases are caused by the vaccine.
3. The group affected is males under 30 primarily (also the group where the highest incidence normally is found)
4. The cases have been mild and temporary.

What IS scary is the ignorant lies and misrepresentations being passed around on the internet. That is potentially keeping people from getting a vaccine that could well save their lives and certainly will help in getting back to normal with this pandemic behind us.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:54 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What IS scary is the ignorant lies and misrepresentations being passed around on the internet. That is potentially keeping people from getting a vaccine that could well save their lives and certainly will help in getting back to normal with this pandemic behind us.
What is scary is the consistent attempt to suppress the truth. Facts aren't something to be afraid of. If people look at the facts of the vaccines and decide to get it... that is their choice. It is my choice to look at all the facts and make a decision, what you want is that I don't get those facts so I will do what you want me to do...disgusting.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:55 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Scary? No. Did you even read the link?

1. The incidence is extremely rare and no higher than what would be expected regardless of vaccination status.
2. The article explicitly states that there is NO EVIDENCE that the cases are caused by the vaccine.
3. The group affected is males under 30 primarily (also the group where the highest incidence normally is found)
4. The cases have been mild and temporary.

The link I shared regarding fertility concerns from Dr. Lindsay’s comments to ACIP? Yes, I read it. Here it is if you’re interested. She is not the only Dr./scientist raising such concerns. https://www.jennifermargulis.net/hal...ist-urges-cdc/

Old 04-30-2021, 01:00 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
What is scary is the consistent attempt to suppress the truth. Facts aren't something to be afraid of. If people look at the facts of the vaccines and decide to get it... that is their choice. It is my choice to look at all the facts and make a decision, what you want is that I don't get those facts so I will do what you want me to do...disgusting.
I agree. Since these vaccines are EUA, and are fairly new, two things MUST happen if we are to have an ethical vaccine rollout. We must have freedom from coercion and access to as much information as possible. Otherwise, we are not giving informed consent to this drug. Currently, we have a scenario where people are being forced to take the shot to keep their jobs, or stay in college, and at the same time an insane level of censorship is happening. Stories of adverse events are coming out--and they are being shut down. Doctors are afraid to speak up. This is not how a free society works.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:02 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g500 View Post
COVID may not be something you want to risk getting and that is certainly understandable. COVID vaccination is something that I do not want to risk getting, as I am a healthy, middle-aged man that has already recovered from a mild COVID infection.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:03 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 10 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 978,865 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah.

No evidence yet that there are any "long" covid symptoms. Just a lot of people trying to get out of work saying every ache and pain is related to covid.

What about all the people who had covid and are just fine?

Lot of those.
The stupidity of your response is astonishing.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:15 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
When you have actual evidence then get back to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies