Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 05:32 PM

8,479 posts, read 10,892,244 times

Advertisements

I watched a video on facebook yesterday that absolutely showed why so many black are being shot by police.
I tried to download it so I could post it, but I guess facebook does not allow that.
Any way, a vehicle got stopped by the police(don't recall the reason)
The black dude was diving, and the passenger was white.
The officer told the driver to exit the vehicle, which he did.
Upon questioning the driver, he had no license.
The driver started getting agitated, so the cop put him in cuffs, and walked him back to the police car.(now off camera).

Meanwhile the camera is now on the white passenger, as he is told to exit the vehicle.
He does, without one word, turns around so he can be handcuffed.
The policeman sits him on the curb.
He begins to ask the white dude some questions, and the guy answers all his questions, and only speaks when spoken to.

In the background (out of camera range) you can hear the black dude mouthing off to the police.
His voice is loud enough to hear.
While the camera is still on the white guy, the black guy, handcuffed escapes from the policeman holding him, and tries to run away, now into camera view.
This illustrates the big difference between black men, and white men, when it comes to being taken into custody.

Both will obviously be going to jail, because drugs were found in the vehicle.

So, the question needs to be asked, why is it the white guy remained calm, while the black guy was mouthing off, and tried to escape?
Why is it black men need to be confrontational when approached by police?
They would do much better if they could learn to keep their mouths shut.

Old 04-30-2021, 05:34 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,991,638 times
Because "the talk" is just a myth

Old 04-30-2021, 05:37 PM

4,102 posts, read 4,825,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I watched a video on facebook yesterday that absolutely showed why so many black are being shot by police. I tried to download it so I could post it, but I guess facebook does not allow that.
Usually videos can be downloaded but it requires using a specific process. Google knows how.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:15 PM

3,308 posts, read 1,938,588 times
Kanye West explained it best: “We are a proud people and an emotional people.”
The only wrong thing this guy did was run and the way the left is politicizing police procedure I can’t blame the guy for running. He probably thought he would be shot. The rest was just free speech.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:17 PM

4,746 posts, read 2,601,964 times
you can't blame a whole race of people just for what one dumbass did..you're reaching too far now..

Old 04-30-2021, 06:21 PM

29,184 posts, read 22,223,901 times
While the culture in both races is very similar, there are differences, especially when it comes to encounters with the law.

Black folks are almost always a lot more nervous than white folks when stopped by a cop. This nervousness can make anyone excitable and/or talkative, more than normal, and for black people, this is often the way they settle their common arguments and disagreements.

So they read the cops entirely wrong, and the cops read them wrongly too. And far too often, the trivial ends up becoming quite deadly as a result of common misunderstandings.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:25 PM

8,479 posts, read 10,892,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
you can't blame a whole race of people just for what one dumbass did..you're reaching too far now..
If you think that is the only video out there showing a black man mouthing off and trying to run, you need to educate yourself.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:30 PM

13,675 posts, read 8,964,261 times
Quote:
If you think that is the only video out there showing a black man mouthing off and trying to run, you need to educate yourself.
Yet, your original post did not include a link. We only have your purported transcription

Old 04-30-2021, 06:39 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,434,734 times
Beyond the emotional explanations, there’s a practical one. Black people are stopped, questioned and harassed ten/handed times more often than white people. We hear only about the shootings, killings or severely injured suspects by police. But that is only a small number of incidents compared to the endless stops that do not end in violence. If you are a black person living in a predominantly black neighborhood you’d be stopped (randomly) many times. As a white men, I think that after being stopped endless times, I’d be very inpatient about another interaction with police. Last week at a roadblock police stopped me. It was a calm and polite interaction. But later I asked myself: what if that was the tenth (or the fiftieth) stop since the beginning of the year? I guess I’d probably react differently. That is the background people ignore when discussing these incidents.

I lived in other countries and policing in the US is different. In America police not only enforce the law, but assume a pro active role. They go into neighborhoods and randomly stop cars and people. Even without specific intelligence or part of an ongoing investigation. When I go fishing, I cast my line without really knowing what fish will bite (if at all). Police does the same (part of zero tolerance attitude) but that comes at a price.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:28 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,905,893 times
Quote:
I watched a video on facebook yesterday that absolutely showed why so many black are being shot by police.
I tried to download it so I could post it, but I guess facebook does not allow that.
Any way, a vehicle got stopped by the police(don't recall the reason)
The black dude was diving, and the passenger was white.
The officer told the driver to exit the vehicle, which he did.
Upon questioning the driver, he had no license.
The driver started getting agitated, so the cop put him in cuffs, and walked him back to the police car.(now off camera).

Meanwhile the camera is now on the white passenger, as he is told to exit the vehicle.
He does, without one word, turns around so he can be handcuffed.
The policeman sits him on the curb.
He begins to ask the white dude some questions, and the guy answers all his questions, and only speaks when spoken to.

In the background (out of camera range) you can hear the black dude mouthing off to the police.
His voice is loud enough to hear.
While the camera is still on the white guy, the black guy, handcuffed escapes from the policeman holding him, and tries to run away, now into camera view.
This illustrates the big difference between black men, and white men, when it comes to being taken into custody.

Both will obviously be going to jail, because drugs were found in the vehicle.

So, the question needs to be asked, why is it the white guy remained calm, while the black guy was mouthing off, and tried to escape?
Why is it black men need to be confrontational when approached by police?
They would do much better if they could learn to keep their mouths shut.
You came across ONE video on Facebook (a site that is not exactly known for its unbiased content); you are unable to post a link to this video so we have to take your word for it; and from this one video, you make very sweeping generalizations about the behavior of Black folks versus the behavior of white folks.

I'm sorry, but the only thing you are accomplishing with your post is to reveal your own prejudices and preconceived notions. Maybe the Black man has seen all the countless videos of cops killing Black Americans for no reason at all, and decided to run for his life. Maybe the white guy is a habitual pot or opioid user, and he is so completely stoned he barely knows or cares what is happening. Who knows why these two men behaved as they did? You certainly don't. Your post is pure conjecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies