Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 11:30 AM

10,423 posts, read 4,013,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Awesome. Florida is leading the way. They are also discussing making masks optional in the schools.
Well, Palm Beach County wants to keep the masks going, even if you get the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 11:31 AM

10,423 posts, read 4,013,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I am wonder if the higher number of cases are because of a couple things...one: the number of people from NY or NJ moving to Florida? Two: the number of students on spring break in Florida? Three: the large number of senior citizens in Florida?
Do you think maybe those there factors play into the number of case in Florida?
Also, we are still getting a large influx of immigrants every day as well.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:33 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,399,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You people have had a year of nonsense and lies.
No, your guy was doing that, which is why the US has so many deaths, and so many people never took it seriously enough to begin with.

Thankfully we're getting more science based information from government now, which of course would include vaccinated people generally not needing masks.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:37 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,793,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I am wonder if the higher number of cases are because of a couple things...one: the number of people from NY or NJ moving to Florida? Two: the number of students on spring break in Florida? Three: the large number of senior citizens in Florida?
Do you think maybe those there factors play into the number of case in Florida?
Florida is where people go to escape their lockdown hell. Where I live in the NYC suburbs, it's a common destination. Then they get back home and trash talk Florida for their Covid strategy.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:52 PM

17,528 posts, read 6,848,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No, your guy was doing that, which is why the US has so many deaths, and so many people never took it seriously enough to begin with.

Thankfully we're getting more science based information from government now, which of course would include vaccinated people generally not needing masks.
Every word you typed is false. Keep wearing your cloth mask(s). If you don’t for the rest of your life, you are selfishly killing other people. Same is true if you get within 6 feet of anyone.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:55 PM

25,613 posts, read 18,717,348 times
Nobody "needs" a mask. What you meant to say is that the damned government will no longer twist your arm off.

Quote:
Every word you typed is false. Keep wearing your cloth mask(s). If you don’t for the rest of your life, you are selfishly killing other people. Same is true if you get within 6 feet of anyone.
The safest and most courteous thing for this person to do is move to Ellesmere Island. Population density is very low (I believe it is about 191 for the entire island at this point) and I'm sure a ten acre plot of ice... er, uh, GROUND could be had for cheap. A small geodesic solar dome at the center of that ten acres would afford complete isolation and safety from this extremely deadly and utterly devastating virus that has a whopping sub one percent conditional mortality rate.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:56 PM

25,433 posts, read 9,777,579 times
Quote:
Link: https://www.wesh.com/article/florida...asks/36305331#

I am so thankful I live in a state where our officials at the state level actually FOLLOW THE SCIENCE. I wish the liars and politicians running the CDC and in the federal government would do the same. Of course, it all starts at the top with King Liar Joe Biden.
So much drama over wearing a mask. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's not worth it.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So much drama over wearing a mask. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's not worth it.
You have no right to dictate to me or anyone else what’s “small” and what isn’t.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:00 PM

25,433 posts, read 9,777,579 times
Quote:
You have no right to dictate to me or anyone else what’s “small” and what isn’t.
Wearing a mask is small stuff. Like wearing a seatbelt when you get in the car. No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill. But you do you.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Wearing a mask is small stuff. Like wearing a seatbelt when you get in the car. No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill. But you do you.
Wearing a seatbelt doesn’t stop you from having a meaningful conversation or breathing fresh air. The analogy is idiotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies