Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 12:51 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Hopefully it will be coming soon.

Obama made things better, but he didn't do enough. That's because he was trying to be bipartisan and come up with a system that at least some Republicans would support. Well, in the end, none did.

This time I hope Biden is smarter and rams through universal healthcare while he has the majority. All Republicans know how to do is say "NO" to every proposal, while not offering any ideas of their own. Remember how Trump vowed to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something "fantastic"? Well, he did neither.
No he didn't. Not one bit did he make things better. Seriously, under his plans, it was much more cost effective for me to fly to Peru to get medical stuff done than to deal with American doctors and hospitals. And I got to write the flight as a business expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 01:04 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
it was much more cost effective for me to fly to Peru to get medical stuff done than to deal with American doctors and hospitals. And I got to write the flight as a business expense.
You're not the only one who is pro-offshoring.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:09 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
A wonderful plan. A beautiful plan.

And so easy to do.

Maybe that’s why he pushed the insurrection. All he needed was two more weeks to get a tremendous health care plan in place...

Old 05-01-2021, 01:10 PM

27,134 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Free Healthcare, that's going to cost a bundle.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:17 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Free Healthcare, that's going to cost a bundle.
Well we're getting free 2 year college degree for all.
And free daycare for 3-4 year olds in the form of pre-pre-kindergarten
And government paid 3 month personal leaves from work

So why not free health insurance....

Old 05-01-2021, 01:58 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
So, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the democrat politicians been crying about getting free health care if they were elected, and well, nothing yet. Seems to me we went through this same crap with Obama and in the end, he only made things worse.

So where is the Germany,France, Sweden, Norway and Canada style of healthcare system we were promised?
Give them a minute. If they did pass free health care right now Republicans would be screaming about partisanship.

Obamacare is great, BTW. We've been on it 6 years and it has been a life saver. It was meant to be single payer, but oh well . . .

Old 05-01-2021, 02:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well we're getting free 2 year college degree for all.
A 2 year college degree without a college education is just a waste of money. It's not free. It's taxpayers paying for it.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:52 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Ever since he was a presidential candidate, President Donald Trump has been promising the American people a “terrific,” “phenomenal” and “fantastic” new health care plan to replace the Affordable Care Act.
https://khn.org/news/back-to-the-***...t-never-comes/

Why would they want to screw up that fantastic plan that we got from Trump.....oh yea.....

Old 05-01-2021, 03:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Conservatives don't care about legalizing weed.

Conservatives don't want to waste money on border walls. They want effective action against the reduction of undocumented immigrants.

Conservatives don't want to expand fun rights at the federal level. They want to empower states.

You're mixing up rinos and republicans.
They're all the same to me!

But seriously, while both sides blow smoke up you know where it is pretty clear, IMO, that Democrats have gotten more of what they've wanted over the years than Republicans. The country in general is more liberal than it ever has been even more than in the 1960s, both socially and economically.

Trump was an anti-candidate and yes, a liberal.

Look, if you're a Goldwater Republican where do you go nowadays after the last year of spending by not only Trump but all Republicans across the board?

The problem with Republican doctrine is that you can't be anti-government and advocate policy through the government at the same time. At least on a continuous basis and get widespread support.

Old 05-01-2021, 03:58 PM

1,803 posts, read 934,891 times
Quote:
So, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the democrat politicians been crying about getting free health care if they were elected, and well, nothing yet. Seems to me we went through this same crap with Obama and in the end, he only made things worse.

So where is the Germany,France, Sweden, Norway and Canada style of healthcare system we were promised?
So let me get this straight.... you as a VERY intelligent very Conservative person .... Think European Nations have healthcare that is totally for FREE? Money is just printed and grows on trees, Even Canada ? With you thinking it is FREE?

Do you know their Tax-System and how it is paid for? You should look it up. Each system is a bit different. Basically, your taxes over your LIFETIME and more heavily on higher incomes.... pay for it more.

I saw a few videos of this young British... not couple but great friends YouTubers who put this video out like 8-months ago on QUESTIONS AMERICANS HAVE ABOUT THE BRITISH HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.

I Would say if very naive.... to view it it not a long dragging on video. I GOT A LAUGH when the one young women though her London wait for a appointment was LONG. Then she said how long .... and said A WEEK and a half - TO 2-WEEKs OMG what a laugh....

Anyway unless you feel YOU MIGHT LEARN A BIT ....do not watch and as they said Americans say Socialized-Medicine. They did not think such as their working taxes go for it. SOME GOOD INFO of course not everything.

British friends answer basic questions on their Healthcare system in england.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1ZqrJuVwc

What you will not get is what your TAX % might be with your INCOME say if you lived in England ? We clearly know their TAX % is higher then ours..... but basic Medical and Dental is included. With fees for extras and PRIVATE CARE.... even Russia has Hospitals you pay a Premium out of pocket if you can and choose. But a basic service has you still covered as you need NOT FEAR GOING BROKE when your time comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies