Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 07:25 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Prove me wrong. It’s always “at least they aren’t Trump!” With the people who try to stick up for them.
Everyone I know who voted for them really like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 07:35 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Do we need to bring out Poll numbers?
The same poll numbers that had Biden up by the double digits (and in some cases more than 15 points)?

Old 05-01-2021, 07:36 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Prove me wrong. It’s always “at least they aren’t Trump!” With the people who try to stick up for them.
Prove you wrong…

Let's see, how would that work?'

Are you expecting us to individually go door-to-door and and do surveys?

I've always liked Biden. I love his long experience. I particularly love his experience in foreign affairs. I love his generally genial disposition. I love that he understands that politics is compromise. I love his genuine interest in people. I love that he has that middle-class background that he's never forgotten. I love that although he may swear in private, in public he mostly tries to stick to old-fashioned euphemisms like "malarkey."

I also like Harris. I didn't want her as VP, but I like her brains and her toughness.

But, yes, you're right that pretty much anyone would have been a relief after Trump and his lies, lawlessness, vulgarity, bigotry, greed, self-aggrandizement, ignorance, and bullying.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:36 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
SEE: the election results.
Which was about hating Trump and not them.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:45 PM

20,860 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
I like Biden.

There, I just proved you wrong.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I agree with this. If I had a bit more gumption I would go back to March / April 2017 on this forum and link to all the posts from folks responding to questions about Trump by pointing out that X or Y didn't matter because Hilary Cliniton was not in office. I think it's particularly true at this point in an administration where the administration is still relatively new and has yet to actually accoplish much.

Having said that I think the degreee may be a little stronger here simply because we did not have a great candidate on either the Democratic or the Republican ticket. It wouldn't surprise me to learn than 80% of votes acst were voted for the lesser of two evils, as the voter viewed it. In the case of both major candidates. MAybe in other elections it is closer to 60%. Before you ask, I have no data on that, just a gut sense.
I was leaning towards Biden because he wasn't Trump, but when Biden had his DNC speech and more importantly talking to Americans during the post convention town halls and the debate, I wanted to vote FOR Biden. Hillary I voted against Trump with. Mind you, I voted for McCain in 08 and for Romney in 12. The problem is the Republican Party moved far away from the platform I could get behind. All these abortion bans and voting laws as well as support of terrorists make me realize that while the Democrats may not represent me, the Republican Party absolutely do not.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:53 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Biden wasn't my first (or second) choice for president, I still voted for him. Trump was so destructive to this country, voting for Biden was still the clear choice.
You're kidding right? Trump Destructive? How so?

Whatever he tried to do, your gal Pelosi tried to put a stop to it. She fought him the whole way...impeach, tear up his speech, etc. She divided this country. How did Trump?

You don't think biden is destroying our country? Are you good with all the illegals pouring in? That's not dangerous? How about all this racism talk and rioting. You enjoy that? Wow. MaYBE you got the 2 confused.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:26 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
You're kidding right? Trump Destructive? How so?

Whatever he tried to do, your gal Pelosi tried to put a stop to it. She fought him the whole way...impeach, tear up his speech, etc. She divided this country. How did Trump?

You don't think biden is destroying our country? Are you good with all the illegals pouring in? That's not dangerous? How about all this racism talk and rioting. You enjoy that? Wow. MaYBE you got the 2 confused.
I was a registered republican until Trump took office. His administration had more criminal indictments than any other president in history. He lied, stirred up hate, made the US look foolish on an international stage, and funneled as much money as he could into his family's businesses. He was the straw that broke the camel's back to make me leave the republican party. Biden is a step back to the right path. He's far from perfect, but it is a step in the right direction.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:35 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's been going on this way for a long time though. With Bush Jr, some people said at least he's not pervy Bill Clinton. With Obama, some people said at least he's not poop for brains Bush Jr. With Trump, some people said anything was better than Obama. And now we have a different bunch doing the same ol song and dance as they cheer on Biden, as if there's anything to cheer about. There's a pandemic and the government is trying to take over every aspect of our economy and lives. Fun times ahead I'm sure ...
43 isn’t (and was never) a Jr.

His father had two middle names.

43 only has one middle name.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:39 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I was a registered republican until Trump took office. His administration had more criminal indictments than any other president in history. He lied, stirred up hate, made the US look foolish on an international stage, and funneled as much money as he could into his family's businesses. He was the straw that broke the camel's back to make me leave the republican party. Biden is a step back to the right path. He's far from perfect, but it is a step in the right direction.

Republicans will not miss you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies