Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 08:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Most definitely. But I do not glorify them. Glorifying your leaders is a bad idea.
Agreed. I don’t see much of that with Biden/Harris though. That was an issue with the last administration. I’m enjoying the level of normalcy in leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 08:05 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Biden wasn't my first (or second) choice for president, I still voted for him. Trump was so destructive to this country, voting for Biden was still the clear choice.
This. Completely with you.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:07 PM

103 posts, read 52,825 times
One thing that is a relief, we don't see the current President bad mouthing and bashing another politician, regardless of party, or a news reporter or a person w/ a disability on an almost daily basis. Our last president never showed any real compassion toward anyone for the horrific toll of the coronavirus, yet he got through it himself and was very fortunate.

Trump's permanent ban from Twitter has been wonderful.

Those are just a couple of things I like.

Lastly, let's remove the word "hate" from our vocabulary. I try hard myself to do that.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:17 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
The OP has a valid point. Do people really like Biden/Harris or are they simply relieved that it isnt Trump/Pence?

I lived on aa shop for 39 months, but not all berthings were equal nor were the jobs we did.

Did people really like Alpha working party? Well compared to cleaning the garbage locker, or the coffer damns hell yes. While in port we hooked up to base water, power and sewage. I liked the water out to see but base water was horrible. Water out to see compared to well water at home? No contest Ill take well water, but damn straight I liked out to sea water over base water.

My point is there are many that would not have voted Biden/Harris had Trump not been so tedious and obnoxious. Of course they will say that they like Biden/Harris, the alternative to them was far worse.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:25 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Prove me wrong. It’s always “at least they aren’t Trump!” With the people who try to stick up for them.
I voted for Biden because he’s not Trump. But he has been doing so much better than I expected, I now think he was the best of choice of anyone, Republican or Democrat.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:30 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
The Dems would rather eat their first born than admit that they made a monumental error in electing Biden/Harris.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:31 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
I’ve liked Joe Biden ever since he did a surprise visit to the high school football team a block from where I was living while serving as vice president. This is classic Joe at his finest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringme...aking-comeback

https://m.startribune.com/biden-surp...eam/166966406/

Old 05-02-2021, 09:02 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
You are likely just saying that because you hate Trump. Let’s say Trump didn’t exist. I doubt you would be saying this.
I wanted Biden in 2016, not Hillary.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:32 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

The OP has a valid point. Do people really like Biden/Harris or are they simply relieved that it isnt Trump/Pence?

I’m willing to bet that the majority of Trump supporters voted for him because they were told that Obama was a Muslim and Trump was their mouthpiece for their anger.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
How exactly was Trump so destructive to this country?
I can't figure out if people like you are just unbelievably ill-informed, or you're just pretending to be dumb to bait people into wasting time trying to educate you. There are thousands of articles and even entire books written on Trump's destructiveness. For an easy start, he lowered our international standing, wrecked our stance as an international moral arbiter, triggered an uptick of hate crime, and was the instigator on the most flagrant attack on our election in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies