Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 08:52 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,872,571 times

Advertisements

It was advertised at 95%. Data says it's even better than that. It's working as planned.

All remaining COVID restrictions are from people with no vaccine.

Soon, nearly all COVID deaths will be from people with no vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 09:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
It was advertised at 95%. Data says it's even better than that. It's working as planned.

All remaining COVID restrictions are from people with no vaccine.

Soon, nearly all COVID deaths will be from people with no vaccine.
Which vaccine are you talking about?

There are multiple vaccines from multiple manufacturers. Only 1 was tested for infection prevention, the others simply tracked symptoms.

Please share your knowledge. TIA. Enquiring minds want to know.

Old 05-03-2021, 09:51 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Some states like here in tx have reduced pcr cycles from 40 to 25. The higher pcr cycles give up to 85% false positive rate. So now it can appear vaccines are working.
I would not be surprised.

I wonder how much data manipulation is going.

It seems like these vaccine manufacturers only have a fake, vague response when people are wondering about so many of these breakthrough cases.

Old 05-03-2021, 09:58 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Much lower COVID cases in Oklahoma are being credited to a good number of people getting vaccinated. But recent falling numbers of those getting vaccinated are blamed on Republican fears against it. I got vaccinated against COVID-19, but I'm older and don't have many decades left to try to live, if the vaccines turn out to be a disaster upon the people from turning against their immunity systems. If I was considerably younger, like in my teens to 40s, I think I'd be too scared at this time to get a anti covid vaccine. But on the other hand, if they're so bad, you'd think by now the first human test subjects for the anti covid vaccines, which amount to 75,000 people, would be hospitalized or dropping dead.

Anyway, for the time being, I think people, like Alex Jones and others, who have been putting out crass scare stuff against the vaccines are nothing but a crazy menace to public health. For beyond bizarre on how the paranoia has been getting, at least one person who claims to be a doctor thinks people who have gotten vaccinated should be quarantined, due to shedding particles making some people ill, especially non-vaccinated women with their more intense menstrual cycles and even miscarriages.
My Dad has a similar view on the vaccine. At 90, he felt he was at minimal risk to any potential long-term effects of the vaccine.

Unfortunately, the vaccine seemed to be the catalyst for serious sudden onset illnesses that nearly took both of my parents out, with my mom now in a rehab facility relearning how to walk.

Old 05-03-2021, 09:59 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
And now even Dr. Faucci admits it isn't working -- blaming mutations.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ty-is-unlikely

Quote:
Initially, public health experts like Fauci had said herd immunity could be achieved by immunizing around 70 percent of the population. However, as new strains like the B.1.1.7 first detected in the United Kingdom began to crop up, that number was raised to around 80 or possibly even 90 percent.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:02 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
And now even Dr. Faucci admits it isn't working -- blaming mutations.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ty-is-unlikely
We had mutations reported early last year. Once I heard it was mutating then "herd immunity" goes out the window IMO.

Things like measles, chickenpox...those can be eradicated via vaccine/catching it because they don't mutate.

But covid is like the common cold and annual flu. And we've known this since early last year when the first mutations were noted.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:03 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But covid is like the common cold and annual flu. And we've known this since early last year when the first mutations were noted.
I don't think most people knew it and now will feel betrayed.

I don't know what this means for my workplace. They were counting on it.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:18 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I don't think most people knew it and now will feel betrayed.

I don't know what this means for my workplace. They were counting on it.
Most likely because all they do is listen to the MSM and never question, never go off on their own to find the truth.

"Don't wear a mask" here when the Asian countries donned masks as soon as word spread of this virus.

Then the US got all caught up with "smokers are gonna die".
Don't hear anything about smokers anymore do you ?

What you don't hear though is that the majority that end up in the hospital/dead are overweight, obese, high blood pressure and diabetes.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:41 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Start reading your local obituaries and you'll see many 20, 30, 40 and 50 somethings suddenly passing away or dying unexpectedly. These are people who got vaccinated. Facebook must be doing gymnastics censoring the " I got my shot" posts and then having their death notices.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:00 AM

15,819 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The vaccine is less effective in overweight/obese people. And the majority of Americans (near 66%) are either overweight or obese.

This goes for any vaccine.
Risk-wise, you're still better off with the vaccine than without.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies