Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 10:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What is that, some opinion piece from some conservative website? Conservatives don’t live in reality, as evidenced by this very humorous OP.
Quote:
James Carville

We won the White House against a world-historical buffoon. And we came within 42,000 votes of losing. We lost congressional seats. We didn’t pick up state legislatures. So let’s not have an argument about whether or not we’re off-key in our messaging.
https://www.vox.com/22338417/james-c...biden-100-days

What reality are you living in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 10:24 AM

52,251 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It was good that Carville can out and said what he said. Not sure if the Dims will listen, but again, people don't really dig on this woke crap. Like he said, need to get back to bread and butter kitchen table issues.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:43 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And how many elections have to go by wherein you get your ass handed to you when way too many around you seems to have similar feelings concerning politics before you question election integrity? The democrats could have put a sea slug up for their presidential candidate and it would have won. Oh wait... they did.
I mean...things were looking somewhat pitiful for Democrats when Trump was in office prior to 2020. Even the so-called "Blue Wave" in the midterms of 2018 didn't do much for them which goes to show that they're not as powerful as they appear to be.

Trump just lost period. It happens sometimes. But it doesn't mean other Republicans have no chance of winning another Presidential election like you're suggesting.

Politics is cyclical by nature as I've said before. It's just that Democrats are quick to declare the GOP "dead" when the pendulum swings to their side. It's happened before when Obama won the re-election as I've demonstrated with my sources.

That's besides the point though. Telling Conservative voters that the "system" won't allow them to win another election(despite no concrete evidence to back it up) does absolutely nothing for the base. Literally nothing.

It's like 3rd Wave feminists telling women that there will never be a female President because "the Patriarchy" won't allow them to, which is ironically what some Clinton supporters were saying to explain why she lost lol.

And, as I mentioned before, the Democrats are probably in a worse position to win the 2024 election than the 2020 election due to not being able to blame anything on Trump anymore.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:47 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Obama got shellacked and he was a moderate

Biden going full lib with the blessing of AOC the odds are very good for a Biden shellacking

My biggest concern is all the mail in ballots that will be floating around in the future. There's a lot of lazy, ill informed people that would fill out a ballot if you actually came to their house, put it in their hand, and told them your candidate is going to give them some free stuff, then helpfully offered to "mail it for them."

I personally think a citizen should have to expend SOME minimal effort to get informed and vote, but I know...that's voter suppression crazy talk.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:56 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
From the article:

"To make matters even worse for them, Republicans will control a lot of the redistricting across the country, giving them an advantage in future electoral maps"

In other words, the only way Republicans can win is by gerrymandering; ie, cheating.
New York who lost a house seat is in the process of gerrymandering to eliminate Republican voting districts. Is that cheating or just the fact of life.

Quote:
An independent commission draws district lines in New York, but the Democratic supermajority in the state Legislature could overrule the panel. That means Democrats could work to ensure that the lost seat is a Republican one, Wang said. Voters in November will also decide on a ballot measure that would allow state lawmakers to ignore the commission’s proposal and enact their own plan.
https://www.rollcall.com/2021/04/29/...ricts-are-cut/
New York won't be the only state to do the above^^

Old 05-03-2021, 11:04 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Obama got shellacked and he was a moderate

Biden going full lib with the blessing of AOC the odds are very good for a Biden shellacking
Depends if the other side is still offering autocracy, conspiracy theories, and lies as the primary dishes on the menu. I sincerely hope that’s not what the GOP is offering in 2022, even if that means they do win the House. If they are, shouting down the Dems that have gotten too woke will still seem like the better option for a lot of moderates.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
From the article:

"To make matters even worse for them, Republicans will control a lot of the redistricting across the country, giving them an advantage in future electoral maps"

In other words, the only way Republicans can win is by gerrymandering; ie, cheating.
The accurate answer is that republicans are just balancing out the cheating done by democrats.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:20 PM

25,724 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I mean...things were looking somewhat pitiful for Democrats when Trump was in office prior to 2020. Even the so-called "Blue Wave" in the midterms of 2018 didn't do much for them which goes to show that they're not as powerful as they appear to be.

Trump just lost period. It happens sometimes. But it doesn't mean other Republicans have no chance of winning another Presidential election like you're suggesting.

Politics is cyclical by nature as I've said before. It's just that Democrats are quick to declare the GOP "dead" when the pendulum swings to their side. It's happened before when Obama won the re-election as I've demonstrated with my sources.

That's besides the point though. Telling Conservative voters that the "system" won't allow them to win another election(despite no concrete evidence to back it up) does absolutely nothing for the base. Literally nothing.

It's like 3rd Wave feminists telling women that there will never be a female President because "the Patriarchy" won't allow them to, which is ironically what some Clinton supporters were saying to explain why she lost lol.

And, as I mentioned before, the Democrats are probably in a worse position to win the 2024 election than the 2020 election due to not being able to blame anything on Trump anymore.
Well we will have to wait and see. I don't want to be in a position to say I told you so. Really I don't. But I suspect I will.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:24 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
I hope the 2022 election will be secure. The pandemic should no longer be an excuse to not follow state elections laws.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:34 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Especially if they pass a 3.5 trillion dollar bill. Wasteful spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies