Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 08:50 AM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What is the core issue that BLM advocates for? Perhaps I should have used lower case "blm" to indicate the general cause, and not "BLM" which would indicate the organization proper?
Whatever you want to think, idc.
Quote:
Marches against police brutality, especially with regard to people of color, are blm/BLM linked/affiliated.

Was the NAN rally/march/whatever in question at least partially about police brutality? Yep.

So.....
The main feature of the MLK "Get Your Knee Off Our Necks" rally was about police brutality. He said no to the question "Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?" when in fact he did attend. He lied to the court, while under oath. By your "so" comment, it appears you are fine with someone lying under oath. as long as it works out the way you want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2021, 09:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The main feature of the MLK "Get Your Knee Off Our Necks" rally was about police brutality. He said no to the question "Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?" when in fact he did attend. He lied to the court, while under oath. By your "so" comment, it appears you are fine with someone lying under oath. as long as it works out the way you want?
Your assumptions are incorrect. I'm saying I believe he lied, despite his attempt to spin the reason for his attendance.

Pretty sure I've said specifically that earlier in this thread.

Old 05-05-2021, 09:26 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No that was incorrectly reported.

The question was did he attend a BLM protest in Minneapolis. He said no because he hadn't.
That wasn't the question. You're really not helping this guy by trying to change the question retroactively to prove he was truthful.

Quote:
On it, he said he never attended protests over police brutality in Minnesota or beyond.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...l-experts-say/

P.S. Question also doesn't mention BLM which you added.

Old 05-05-2021, 09:39 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
I think this is all grasping for straws. The reality is that he probably is against police brutality. But just about anyone is. Police apologist in theory are against police brutality. The difference is that people often disagree on what police brutality actually is. I see many blatant examples of excessive force by police and call it brutality. Many apologist will deny that it actually is police brutality. So really being against police brutality or attending rallies against police brutality doesn't really make someone unfit to serve in the jury.

The issue with BLM is that BLM literally means nothing. It is a catchall term for people against police brutality. The organization may have a website. But anyone could put up a website. BLM doesn't appear to be any real actual organization. There are people who started a hash tag years ago, and they may have some loose association with it. But there is no clear evidence that anyone up top organize or set any real agenda for BLM.

BLM is a hashtag personified by MSM. With no real faces or names associated with it. Someone can literally say "I support BLM" and viola, you're now a "BLM Activist".

Old 05-05-2021, 09:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
WHY WE MARCH
The Commitment March will take place on August 28th, 2020 — the 57th anniversary of the historic March on Washington, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" Speech. Announced by Rev. Al Sharpton during George Floyd's memorial it is co-convened by Martin Luther King, III.

This intergenerational inclusive day of action will demonstrate our advocacy for comprehensive police accountability reform, the Census, and mobilizing voters for the November elections.

https://nationalactionnetwork.net/co...off-our-necks/

I think he's now trying to spin it as "I was there advocating for mobilizing voters" - as opposed to the bit about "police accountability", but I'm not buying it. His choice of clothing on that day didn't bolster his claim much.

Old 05-05-2021, 09:45 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,357,694 times
Doesn't really matter in the end.

Chauvin was going to take the fall regardless. If not by the jury, then the Biden administration would have done him in anyway

Old 05-05-2021, 09:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Doesn't really matter in the end.

Chauvin was going to take the fall regardless. If not by the jury, then the Biden administration would have done him in anyway
Take the fall? Well yeah duh, why wouldn’t he? He killed someone, are you just going to shrug & say oh well?

Old 05-05-2021, 10:24 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
If interested, please see Hennepin County Special Juror Questionnaire:

Filed in District Court State of Minnesota 12/22/2020 12:14 PM

You are a potential juror in the trial of four former police officers charged in connection with the death of George Floyd. From this day forward, DO NOT read or intentionally view anything about these cases or do any investigation or research related to these cases.

The information in this questionnaire is for the judge and attorneys that will be involved in this trial and is required information. This questionnaire will be filed as a public document in the court record at the end of the trial, but until then, your name and the fact that you are a potential juror will NOT be public. For that reason, DO NOT disclose to anyone that you are a potential juror in this case.

***PLEASE USE BLACK PEN ONLY AND DO NOT WRITE ON THE BACK OF ANY PAGE.

***YOU MUST RETURN THIS SHEET AND THE COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE BY JANUARY 2, 2021

16 page questionnaire:

https://www.mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov...re12222020.pdf

Old 05-05-2021, 10:39 AM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
WHY WE MARCH
The Commitment March will take place on August 28th, 2020 — the 57th anniversary of the historic March on Washington, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" Speech. Announced by Rev. Al Sharpton during George Floyd's memorial it is co-convened by Martin Luther King, III.

This intergenerational inclusive day of action will demonstrate our advocacy for comprehensive police accountability reform, the Census, and mobilizing voters for the November elections.

https://nationalactionnetwork.net/co...off-our-necks/

I think he's now trying to spin it as "I was there advocating for mobilizing voters" - as opposed to the bit about "police accountability", but I'm not buying it. His choice of clothing on that day didn't bolster his claim much.
Yep, but he's not spinning it, he lied about attending a "Get Your Knee Off Our Necks" march/protest. It doesn't matter the reason that he now claims he attended it for, he originally said he never attended anything of that nature.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:11 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That wasn't the question. You're really not helping this guy by trying to change the question retroactively to prove he was truthful.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...l-experts-say/

P.S. Question also doesn't mention BLM which you added.
I noticed you didn't comment on my link to the prisoners being released in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies