Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2021, 05:01 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,290,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm not a "leftist".

I'm just all about fairness.

A lot of people get bad trials. They get sent to prison for a super long time a result of it. Most people in America get a bad trial. The justice system is super broken for just about anyone who isn't rich.

He's getting the same justice anyone else would get in this situation. Juste because he is a cop, doesn't mean he is the only one who gets a fair trial.

We can argue about how to fix the justice system. But its broken for everyone else, so it should be broken for him. And objectively speaking, he should be behind bars. If there was a video of me putting my knee on a guy's neck for 8 minutes. I wouldn't reasonably expect to be free any time soon.

What do we expect? For him to get a slap on the wrist? Maybe just lose his job? Get 6 months in jail max?

No, he needs to serve hard time. Like anyone else would.

The "lowest common demominator" and equality of result vs. equality of opportunity mindset which is common to all "liberals" / "progressives" on display. If this mentality prevails, we're all headed back to the Dark Ages.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-03-2021 at 05:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 05:01 PM

52,541 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Most liberals do not care if Chauvin got a fair trial. (Personally, I think Chauvin is a thug)

Most woketards would be secretly delighted if they knew a BLM activist was able to game the system and get Chauvin convicted.

The only valid question is, was the BLM activist in question one of the 12 actual jurors that decided Chauvins fate?

If so, then this activist likely helped Chauvin in an appeal.

If not, well boo on the defense for poor homework.
exhibit A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So apparently the defense didn’t do their job when it came to agreeing in the jury. Boo hoo

Old 05-03-2021, 05:12 PM

52,541 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You can hide, you can scream into your My pillow and you can shove your fingers in your ears until they touch....but my point in post #28 stands as an apparent fear inducing pillar of truth to the far right.

11 others all thought the same thing with some rapidity.

There has been no rebuttal to that, just clucking and running around. Bwak Bwak Bwak....it's like The Right Wing View here...starting about the 1:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8-RGQUAdno
lmao. get over yourself, dude

there's not a soul here who is under the impression that the jury was compromised of a single person.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:32 PM

12,920 posts, read 13,611,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
for the likes of that poster and a couple others on this thread, it's as hard to understand as computational chemistry or theoretical physics.
Its always about law and order, right and wrong when a white mans head is on the chopping block isn't it? The black man's past was at issue, but the white man's past wasn't. Chuavin had been warned 18 times for this behavior. I hope the sentence reflects that he is a habitual incorrigible abuser.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 05-03-2021 at 06:04 PM..

Old 05-03-2021, 05:33 PM

1,689 posts, read 792,875 times
So bottom line, regardless of the evidence, at best, Chavin would have had a hung jury.

Ergo, regardless of the evidence, AT BEST any one of us going against the BLM line, would have a hung jury.

Is this really where we want to go?

Old 05-03-2021, 06:33 PM

14,178 posts, read 4,539,249 times
so that BLM activist lied when he sworn in?

Isn’t that worthy of jail time for perjury?

Old 05-03-2021, 06:43 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,290,505 times
How dumb could this guy be? I mean did they not know saying things like this can impact the motions for another trial

Old 05-03-2021, 06:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,505,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Chauvin is a first time offender, he'll do less than 10 years.
I think the fragile was hoping that Chauvin will be murdered while in prison.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:46 PM

23,185 posts, read 12,303,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
So bottom line, regardless of the evidence, at best, Chavin would have had a hung jury.

Ergo, regardless of the evidence, AT BEST any one of us going against the BLM line, would have a hung jury.

Is this really where we want to go?
Why do you think it would have been a hung jury? I doubt the vast majority of those who were paying attention would think he would have had a hung jury.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:46 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,505,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The attorneys & judge ask questions & can dismiss those they don’t want. You don’t know this?
They did their job. The citizen is the one who didn't. As you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies