Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 11:34 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Presumably, they're vaccinated. Taking precautions to protect people from a disease that they're vaccinated for is itself unreasonable, so in this case "reasonable precaution" is a nonsensical formulation. Next...
So I have to do what unvaccinated say? I'm not allowed to choose to stick around those that are vaccinated? Who is the real totalitarian? Freedom of association means freedom to associate with those one chooses. If someone blocks a section at an event, they can block it for any designation. Trump supporters could have a Trump supporter section, I would not care about them. Freedom for thee and not for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 11:35 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
This type of strategy may look enticing to the extreme safetyists, but when you try to iron out the details, it simply isn't feasible. I'm opposed to it on principle, but due to some vocal and insistent students, we tried to game out what it would look like to have 'vaccinated only ' classes at our fitness business, just as a thought experiment. It's a mess. Not worth it for a small business to even bother re-opening under these conditions. Contrary to the OP's theory, it would not help business. It would hurt it.

Also, I find it intrusive to even ask about people's vaccination status. As the owner, I am not going to do that.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:37 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
What if you have relatives you love, that are senior citizens and you don't want to put them at any risk by exposing yourself? What if you want to take every reasonable precaution to keep your senior family members safe?
Ah, and so where was your concern when NY governor decided to pack Covid positive patients into nursing homes, and then to make matters worse, refuse to distribute the vaccine when it was released????

Old 05-03-2021, 11:38 AM

4,662 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So I have to do what unvaccinated say? I'm not allowed to choose to stick around those that are vaccinated? Who is the real totalitarian? Freedom of association means freedom to associate with those one chooses. If someone blocks a section at an event, they can block it for any designation. Trump supporters could have a Trump supporter section, I would not care about them. Freedom for thee and not for me?
This is a non-sequitur relative to our previous exchanges. I've seen enough to know that we're not going to agree on anything on this thread. If you want your neuroses validated, I'm sure Elliott_CCP or a couple of other posters on here could do that for you. Thanks, and have a good day!

Old 05-03-2021, 11:38 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Ah, and so where was your concern when NY governor decided to pack Covid positive patients into nursing homes, and then to make matters worse, refuse to distribute the vaccine when it was released????
I don't live in New York. Their business. I don't live in Florida or Texas either. Their business.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Sorry if I touched a nerve. Enjoy your ventilator.

The vast majority of people who get covid not only don’t end up in the hospital, they also don’t end up on a ventilator. Aren’t you following the science?

Old 05-03-2021, 11:40 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Lots of Fake Vax Cards out there.

You can't sit next to me, You have cooties. I'm Telling. I'm telling.
It's not cooties, It's covid....lol

Old 05-03-2021, 11:41 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Why not open black and white drinking fountains again while we're at it?
that is so democrat party...

Old 05-03-2021, 11:42 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
as soon as this becomes a thing you will see millions of faked vax cars. It's literally a piece of paper that someone scribbles on and there is no way to verify it. You'd think the liberal overlords would have a better plan by now

Old 05-03-2021, 11:43 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
This type of strategy may look enticing to the extreme safetyists, but when you try to iron out the details, it simply isn't feasible. I'm opposed to it on principle, but due to some vocal and insistent students, we tried to game out what it would look like to have 'vaccinated only ' classes at our fitness business, just as a thought experiment. It's a mess. Not worth it for a small business to even bother re-opening under these conditions. Contrary to the OP's theory, it would not help business. It would hurt it.

Also, I find it intrusive to even ask about people's vaccination status. As the owner, I am not going to do that.
Yeah, you would have to completely redesign the building so there are two entrances/parking spots. Stadiums might be able to get away with this because they could just have the vaccinated go through the VIP sections, but I imagine there are many VIP's who won't get the vaccine either, or will simply pay to carry a card but it's actually worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies