Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 11:30 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

If he's coming to your city, this is your chance to see a true patriot. He is here to inspire us to push forward like he did with Brexit when it seemed hopeless. "Don't get down. Don't get mad. Get EVEN."

I love this guy, too bad he won't be coming to my blue state. He is working with Turning Point USA and FreedomWorks, one of America’s largest grassroots organizations advocating for less government.

Two short video clips on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/FreedomWorks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 11:33 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If he's coming to your city, this is your chance to see a true patriot. He is here to inspire us to push forward like he did with Brexit when it seemed hopeless. "Don't get down. Don't get mad. Get EVEN."

I love this guy, too bad he won't be coming to my blue state. He is working with Turning Point USA and FreedomWorks, one of America’s largest grassroots organizations advocating for less government.

Isn't he the guy who lied Britain into Brexit, something that an overwhelming number of Brits are regretting?

I can see how lying to the public on a grand scale is something the GOP wants to harness.

Old 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Isn't he the guy who lied Britain into Brexit, something that an overwhelming number of Brits are regretting?

I can see how lying to the public on a grand scale is something the GOP wants to harness.

Haha, overwhelming majority are regretting? A recent pole showed they are basically split down the middle yet. When asked if they should reapply to rejoin the EU, 51% said NO and 49% yes.

Democrats are the master liars. They make Trump look like Mother Terresa, and that is scary!

Old 05-03-2021, 01:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Farage is a snake oil salesman, never won a seat in British parliament, but seems to always have a seat on the BBC to spout his nonsense. Worked in the EU, taking paycheck after paycheck while trying to bring it down from the inside.

Rich little banker boy who tries to be a man of he people.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

The Dems and mockingbird media have cornered that market already

Old 05-03-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneWorks View Post
Is this a free event? Because I think it would be a shame to have hundreds sign up and get all the seats and then not show up.
Only Leftists pull those dirty tricks because they can't win people over with good policies. It's a form of sour grapes.

One thing patriots are better at than Leftists is infiltrating Leftist organizations and exposing their criminal activities and plans.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:59 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 9 days ago)

600 posts, read 274,235 times
It's a trap! We'll all end up drinking tea!
Well, I enjoy some Earl Grey myself, but that's beside the point.

Old 05-05-2021, 04:30 PM

I wonder why this post was removed:

Originally Posted by BoneWorks
Is this a free event? Because I think it would be a shame to have hundreds sign up and get all the seats and then not show up.

-- - - - - - --

I called the event organizers and warned them this was being planned so they'd be aware of it. To my knowledge, tickets are always overbooked for any event these days, political or not, because there are so many 'no shows.' Besides, these free events are 'first come first served' so it won't matter.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Don't turn to Republicans if you want less government. They want to use government to make more laws, especially prohibitive ones. Unfortunately, Republicans don't often understand that government doesn't always knows best. For example for easy proof of what I mean in Oklahoma:

https://www.stwnewspress.com/opinion...3eb4e6f1e.html

• New laws against protests

• New laws against teaching certain things

• Laws against future laws

• Laws for law that doesn’t exist here

• Bills to force new rules into sports

• Bills to force new rules into schools

• Bills that prevent cities from governing as they see fit

Old 06-03-2021, 12:27 AM

Nigel makes some good points comparing the US to the UK and Brexit. They are a few miles 'down the road ahead' of us in terms of political results from their brand of populism. He fills us in on what is really happening in Europe, too. It's an encouraging interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZqGk5FTgg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies