Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 04:26 AM

2,450 posts, read 971,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/4921671001/

Good for them. This programing of children in schools by leftists is out of control!
Texas was recently successful in doing so. We have to fight these radical, racist leftists back. This is literally the new crusades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 04:31 AM

7,333 posts, read 3,514,319 times
The system is racist and is overwhelmingly controlled by white liberals. The constant division fueled by the propaganda media is a big problem. Liberals are no longer the anti authoritarian hippies from the '60s and 7 days. They have been replaced with big corporate big government elites.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:41 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Purging the history books to support own narrative of history. I guess famous reds think alike, Lenin and Stalin did this. American reds doing same.
"Purging the history books to support own narrative of history."

Like tearing down statues, changing schools, street, building names etc.

Oh wait, that is what the LEFT is dong.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:42 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
I am surprised they had finally gotten over having to teach evolution and appeared to be making progress, I wonder if we'll have another Scopes type trial when a teacher is caught teaching that the Confederacy was racist....

Old 05-04-2021, 04:44 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
This is an attempt to erase the painful legacy of our past and the intentional intent to erase the history of a people.

Most Americans don't know about slave breeding which was a major "industry" in VA prior to the Civil War. Most don't know about sundown towns and counties in the south where Blacks had to leave before sundown. The burning of Tulsa's Black Wall Street, the white coup which forced the elected Black government of Wilmington NC from office all are part of our painful history. For those of us who lived through the 1950's, we remember the reign of white terror in the south in which churches and synagogues were bombed and where Birmingham AL had earned the name of "Bombingham." We are now hearing that somehow Citizen Councils were civic groups. In fact they were the first step in being terrorized by the Klan. Getting a visit from them was a warning, not abide by the warning to stop serving Blacks and it would be followed by the Klan.

Slavery was reintroduced in the south after the Civil War through convict leasing. Almost a million were swept up into a system where a minor infraction of law would land a person in jail where then the local magistrate could lease the person out to a business and the state would get the money. Ask a kid what "red-lining" was and they are ignorant of it.

In short, the GOP is trying to further dummy down Americans in our history.

My guess is those objecting to the lessons of history feel guilty and can't admit the horror of what was done.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:50 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
TN has not a foot to stand on when it comes to racism. Of course they don't want to shine a light on that ugly subject. It might interfere with them driving around in their pickup trucks with the confederate flags flying in the back.
" It might interfere with them driving around in their pickup trucks with the confederate flags flying in the back"

Those damn DEMS who started and fought in the Civil War.
Those damn DEMS who started the KKK.
Those damn DEMS who started Planned Parenthood to STOP blacks from over population.
Those damn dems who talk about repubs bringing back "Jim Crow laws.
"Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States.[1] These laws were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Southern Democrat-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by black people during the Reconstruction period.[2] Jim Crow laws were enforced until 1965.

Etc., etc., etc.

Are these thing taught in non southern public schools?

Old 05-04-2021, 04:58 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
^

I always laugh how people want to point out that Democrats were the supporters of slavery in the 19th century
as if party ideologies, views and positions have never changed. Sorry to say they have as it has been the Democrats who supported equal rights, voting, removal of Jim Crow Laws and has advocated for those people of color since the 20th century. It was the departure of the "Dixiecrats" that removed the final racist elements from the Democratic Party planting them firmly with Republicans where they remain today.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:24 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Actually that does look pretty reasonable. Wonder why TN would want to block that?
Did you actually read and think about the list? It is basically critical race theory. You are racists because of your skin color and you should receive preferential treatment because of your skin color. Excuse me, but that is the very definition of racism and this sort of nonsense will only divide the races further. In no way does it unite anyone.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:35 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
It seems to me that some of the new anti-racism instruction goes too far but the current education in that area is also insufficient. That’s what you get in a country that has refused to do right for so long. Oh well...

Old 05-04-2021, 06:22 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
This is an attempt to erase the painful legacy of our past and the intentional intent to erase the history of a people.

Most Americans don't know about slave breeding which was a major "industry" in VA prior to the Civil War. Most don't know about sundown towns and counties in the south where Blacks had to leave before sundown. The burning of Tulsa's Black Wall Street, the white coup which forced the elected Black government of Wilmington NC from office all are part of our painful history. For those of us who lived through the 1950's, we remember the reign of white terror in the south in which churches and synagogues were bombed and where Birmingham AL had earned the name of "Bombingham." We are now hearing that somehow Citizen Councils were civic groups. In fact they were the first step in being terrorized by the Klan. Getting a visit from them was a warning, not abide by the warning to stop serving Blacks and it would be followed by the Klan.

Slavery was reintroduced in the south after the Civil War through convict leasing. Almost a million were swept up into a system where a minor infraction of law would land a person in jail where then the local magistrate could lease the person out to a business and the state would get the money. Ask a kid what "red-lining" was and they are ignorant of it.

In short, the GOP is trying to further dummy down Americans in our history.

My guess is those objecting to the lessons of history feel guilty and can't admit the horror of what was done.
Is any of this going on currently? At least where I grew up in the Northeast, people have been learning about the horrors of slavery and what went on during the civil rights movement for decades. There is no "white washing" of history. None of what you said has anything to do with critical race theory. It's a social justice movement that seeks to inject racial related "corrective measures" into every facet of American life.

I'm tired of being told that I don't "understand" critical race theory because I'm only hearing about it from people who oppose it, so I stopped listening to right wingers or moderates and went right to the source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3UQlNvo-o and, yeah, it isn't being misrepresented. the language is much fruitier and academic, but just listen to the "basic tenets" section and you'll find out most of what you need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies