Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2021, 01:43 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,408,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the fact that mainstream media gaslighters, Dims, and RINOs are all in for Liz Cheney should tell you everything you need to know.
Sadly yes, only those groups still seem to want to put the Constitution first above individual politicians.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:43 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
2016:

*Trump wins*

Clinton Supporters: "This is unfair. The Russians influenced the election. We need to get rid of the electoral college. Sexists didn't want Hillary to win."

Trump Supporters: "You lost. Get over it."

2020:

*Biden wins*

Trump Supporters: "This is unfair. Big Tech influenced the election. We need to get rid of mail in voting. Liberals didn't want Trump to win."

Biden Supporters: "You lost. Get over it."

But hey....if you want to believe in an unfounded conspiracy that can be used to discourage conservative voters from casting in their votes for future elections, go right ahead. Nothing else would make the DNC happier.
No, that's not remotely what they said. they claimed (and still do) that anyone even daring to question the outcome of this election was a traitor /seditionist /terrorist /etc. ad nauseam.

There's really no comparison.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Sadly yes, only those groups still seem to want to put the Constitution first above individual politicians.
Explain how they are 'putting the Constitution first.'

I had no idea there was something in the Constitution preventing people from questioning election outcomes.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
No, that's not remotely what they said. they claimed (and still do) that anyone even daring to question the outcome of this election was a traitor /seditionist /terrorist /etc. ad nauseam.

There's really no comparison.
I do consider Trump to be a traitor, but not everyone who questioned the election. Sadly most of those people were just poisoned with his lies, and some still don’t want to see it.

I consider Trump to have become a traitor to the US Constitution the instant on 1/6 that he became comfortable with violence taking place against the US government. He used the ongoing violence as political leverage in his first conversation with McCarthy, still extolling Congress to overturn the election.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Explain how they are 'putting the Constitution first.'

I had no idea there was something in the Constitution preventing people from questioning election outcomes.
There isn’t. That’s their free speech right.

And they are putting the Constitution first by telling the truth about Trump, rather than continue to sweep his lies under the rug like some in the R party would still prefer.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I do consider Trump to be a traitor, but not everyone who questioned the election. Sadly most of those people were just poisoned with his lies, and some still don’t want to see it.

I consider Trump to have become a traitor to the US Constitution the instant on 1/6 that he became comfortable with violence taking place against the US government. He used the ongoing violence as political leverage in his first conversation with McCarthy, still extolling Congress to overturn the election.
Hillary's lies went on for 4 years; Stacy Abrams for three (and counting). Yet not once did I hear you complaining about those. Seems odd.

Are they 'traitors'?

Old 05-06-2021, 01:51 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,725,945 times
Quote:

Yep....pretty much

Old 05-06-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
There isn’t. That’s their free speech right.

And they are putting the Constitution first by telling the truth about Trump, rather than continue to sweep his lies under the rug like some in the R party would still prefer.
I had no idea there was anything in the Constitution commanding politicians to 'tell the truth about Trump', which sounds highly subjective. can you direct us to the relevant portions of the constitution where this is stated?

Old 05-06-2021, 02:06 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
I had no idea there was anything in the Constitution commanding politicians to 'tell the truth about Trump', which sounds highly subjective. can you direct us to the relevant portions of the constitution where this is stated?

We are in unusual times with an ex-president claiming the election was stolen 6 months later, nothing prohibiting him nor his supporters but it is dangerous to democracy. Like we have heard so many times "it's legal" but it isn't based on fact, just conspiracy theories.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitution
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
The instant Trump incorporated political violence as a component part of his bid for a second term (which imo he did in that conversation with McCarthy), he became a traitor under this definition imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies