Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2021, 03:04 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Obviously I'm going over your head.
No youre trying to redefine liberalism as some obscure ideology.
We arent dealing with such obtuse matters.
There were two viable boxes to check in 2020 each with polarized platforms.
In no way shape nor form, would selecting one make you closer to getting to the other box's platform in 4 years.

Delusions... Are over my head.

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Ronald Reagan rightfully labeled the Fairness Doctrine as an attack on the First Amendment. Trump advocated for it's 21st Century equivalent.

mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Gerrymandering is a legal process Voter suppression can be accomplished through legislation that, while reprehensible, may be passed in a legal process. Voter fraud on the other hand is a crime.

Democrats accuse Republicans of not playing fairly. They don't call for overturning an election, but maybe changing the rules to make it more fair in the future. Republicans are accusing Democrats - without evidence - of a crime, and asking to overturn an election. Yes, there is a difference.
No - it’s not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_v._Johnson

Old 05-08-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
No youre trying to redefine liberalism as some obscure ideology.
We arent dealing with such obtuse matters.
There were two viable boxes to check in 2020 each with polarized platforms.
In no way shape nor form, would selecting one make you closer to getting to the other box's platform in 4 years.

Delusions... Are over my head.
You had two tyrannical choices

Old 05-08-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Ronald Reagan rightfully labeled the Fairness Doctrine as an attack on the First Amendment. Trump advocated for it's 21st Century equivalent.
The democrats have seriously introduced legislation curtailing free speech.
Do you think Trump was treated fairly by the media?
Two years of false allegations of russia collusion?
Just say it and end this charade.

Old 05-08-2021, 03:10 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,308 times
What I call what’s going on is “Republicans in disarray”.

For DECADES the media would hype on Democrats as being the party of Chaos.....

Republicans are now fighting for power. Power with a Maniac - or Power with the old guard.

It’s a fight that will end in the party’s demise.

REPUBLICAN voters are siding with Biden.... the polls are indicative of that. You don’t get over 60% approval of stimulus and infrastructure without them.

Good luck hunting for votes, Republicans - because they are GONE.

Old 05-08-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
The democrats have seriously introduced legislation curtailing free speech.
Do you think Trump was treated fairly by the media?
Two years of false allegations of russia collusion?
Just say it and end this charade.
None of those questions have anything to do with Trump's massive failure when faced with a crisis or his moving the Republican Party away from classical liberalism.

Old 05-08-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
You had two tyrannical choices
WHAT ABOUT THE PLATFORMS.

My argument proven.

If theyre both tyrants you choose the tyrant from the party whose platform advances your interests.

Im done here. If you really are GOP and voted for biden or sat it out and enabled his victory, we dont need you. Your dislike of Trump overrode your ideologies. Weak. Whacky.

74 million republicans put aside their feelings about his personality and voted for the party. You are saying you didnt? What are you like 1% of the GOP? See you in 2024. Fringe.

That was unity. By the numbers. I truly believe most of this Trump bashing is from DNC trolls.

Old 05-08-2021, 03:19 PM

I'm from the government and I'm here to help.... Donald Trump

Old 05-08-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
None of those questions have anything to do with Trump's massive failure when faced with a crisis or his moving the Republican Party away from classical liberalism.
We have a democrat troll here. Didnt answer what he would have done with coronavirus, and keeps harping on about nonsense ideas like classic liberalism.

Hey ivy league political science professor, or whoever you really are, nice try. No republican rests on such silly obtuse points. Dodge, weave, deflect.

YOURE the one who brought up the fairness doctrine, so I asked was the media fair to Trump? Didnt he have due cause to raise the issue?

Of course he did. Liberals dont think so because they cant see the bias the media has toward their side.

Thus raising that issue to bash Trump PROVES YOURE A LIBERAL.

Classic or whatever.

Thanks for wasting our time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies