Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 10:32 PM

22,329 posts, read 11,850,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
I have been sitting back and watching things unfold ever since Trump filed his first election lawsuit last year. Then Trump and his allies proceeded to lose ~60 times at the courts. When even Trump's own election lawyers were telling the judge that they "are not alleging fraud" and they "are not alleging anyone stealing the election", that should have been a clue as to where the lawsuits were heading. Rudy Guiliani held a press conference at a landscaping business about election fraud and yet when he finally made an appearance in court, it was on a case centering on two men's failure to cure their ballots.

Trump supporters also embraced Sidney Powell, who came on the scene making allegations against the Dominion machines, and now, after being sued by the company, she is claiming that "reasonable people would not accept such statements as facts".

Then there were the Republican state legislatures holding hearings on election fraud, which also went nowhere. Same with the multiple audits held in Republican-led states.

In the meantime, while the Democrats are supposed to be sitting "cool, calm and collected" watching the never-ending investigations unfold, the inability of Trump supporters to accept the election as valid has already yielded disturbing consequences, such as death threats aimed at election officials, enactment of voting restrictions under the guise of election security, and of course, the infamous Capitol riot.

So no, I would say that it doesn't pay for the Democrats to follow your advice.
The cases weren't taken due to having no standing. No one has looked at the evidence yet.

It's not over yet. If you were paying attention, you would know this. States are still looking into what happened.

How about you look at both sides of the coin instead of just claiming there was no vote fraud at all.

Meanwhile, if you are so confident that there was no vote fraud at all, just sit back and watch how things unfold. Instead of constantly protesting about it, you should be cool, calm and collected secure in the knowledge that you are 100% correct.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:38 PM

13,350 posts, read 4,206,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is still whining about this 4 months later. That's all he talks about. It's one thing to have supporters upset but a president still being upset is just juvenile. He really needs to get over it and move on.

Hillary is whining for years . She went on every tv show, late night show and wrote a book in 2017:

Trump is not in office and he is banned from social media and still you excuse Hillary who has unlimited media access to complain and throw lies and conspiracies but you only complain about Trump. See why everybody see through the hypocrisy from the Democrats? You have NO leg to stand on. I told you to sit down on this but you keep doubling down. It's funny for 5 minutes but damn you take crazy hypocrisies too far. That's like Precious fat shaming Oprah.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:38 PM

31,925 posts, read 14,913,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The cases weren't taken due to having no standing. No one has looked at the evidence yet.

It's not over yet. If you were paying attention, you would know this. States are still looking into what happened.

How about you look at both sides of the coin instead of just claiming there was no vote fraud at all.

Meanwhile, if you are so confident that there was no vote fraud at all, just sit back and watch how things unfold. Instead of constantly protesting about it, you should be cool, calm and collected secure in the knowledge that you are 100% correct.
It is over. Trump lost. Why is this so hard for some to believe that Trump was voted out.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:46 PM

13,350 posts, read 4,206,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It is over. Trump lost. Why is this so hard for some to believe that Trump was voted out.
Thank you for discovering the sun. Why does Trump lives in your head 24/7 rent free? He is no longer in office and he is ban from social media and still you write about him. TDS does that to people.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:49 PM

31,925 posts, read 14,913,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Thank you for discovering the sun. Why does Trump lives in your head 24/7 rent free? He is no longer in office and he is ban from social media and still you write about him. TDS does that to people.
Actually, he doesn't. I'm just responding to posts.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:25 AM

151 posts, read 60,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I don't think you even read my post at all.

I quoted Trump's own election lawyers claiming no voter fraud, so no, that wasn't my claim. I even made sure to put them in quotation marks to indicate I am merely repeating what they said. But does this mean you do not believe Trump's own lawyers? Did he yet again fail to hire the best people?

What about Rudy? He made such a noise about voter fraud and then he went on to argue on a case that had nothing to do with voter fraud at all. That was such an absurd case too. The Trump team wanted all the votes in Democratic counties to be thrown out because two men residing in Republican counties weren't allowed to cure their ballots. Basically, if the ballots of those two men were ineligible, all the other ballots should have been ineligible too.

There was a time when Trump supporters were posting numerous YouTube videos of Sidney Powell and now, hardly anyone mentions her. Well, there's still the pillow guy to latch onto.

Anyway, in one case, Trump's lawyers did present their evidence of voter fraud (ie a collection of online statements from people who claimed to have witnessed voter fraud) to the judge, then the lawyers later admitted that they couldn't verify which ones were false statements and which ones weren't. You can guess how the judge ruled in that case.

Listing the various investigations that eventually fizzled out is now "constantly protesting"? Or is it "protesting" because I listed some of the terrible consequences of Trump supporters' refusal to accept the results of the election.

Of course it's not over. I did say it's never ending. But if you had actually read my post you would see that.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:20 AM

163 posts, read 55,488 times
Quote:
Hillary is whining for years . She went on every tv show, late night show and wrote a book in 2017:

Trump is not in office and he is banned from social media and still you excuse Hillary who has unlimited media access to complain and throw lies and conspiracies but you only complain about Trump. See why everybody see through the hypocrisy from the Democrats? You have NO leg to stand on. I told you to sit down on this but you keep doubling down. It's funny for 5 minutes but damn you take crazy hypocrisies too far. That's like Precious fat shaming Oprah.
Hillary Clinton conceded the election the night of. She did not claim the election was stolen or rigged. She did not file over 50 baseless lawsuits to find non-existent votes in her favor and she certainly did not tell her supporters to go to the Capitol to "fight" and interrupt the certification process.

What Trump has done is unprecedented and completely beyond the pale.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:27 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,732,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
Trumps ego wouldn't allow him to lose. He never has. He started this election lie in 2016 because he did actually think he was going to lose & he would be able to convince his followers he really won.

It still amazes me that he can get millions of people to believe him about election fraud after his own attorneys including Bill Barr just couldn't go with it anymore.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,049,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
Hillary Clinton conceded the election the night of. She did not claim the election was stolen or rigged. She did not file over 50 baseless lawsuits to find non-existent votes in her favor and she certainly did not tell her supporters to go to the Capitol to "fight" and interrupt the certification process.

I never liked Hilary but compared to Trump she was the personification of class.

Old 05-15-2021, 07:00 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,049,549 times
Quote:
You left out "orange man bad", "snowflake", and "butthurt liberal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies