Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 06:04 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,650,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am not even close to my boss but he asked me point blank the other day and it was obvious I wasn't. I told him that was private info but that gives it away.

I would just lie if I were you.

Personally I give pause to allowing someone in my home who might have corona virus. Honestly that has been the easiest way for me to catch something nasty. in 2014 I had a guy in to check my home for mold in the attic and he was in the home for about 3 hours... within a day i came down with a horrific -- something that knocked me for a loop.

It is one thing now I am pretty careful about.
So you recommend FRAUD AND MISREPRESENTATION to get money. Wow, just wow, something to be proud of there. Moderator cut: off topic

Maybe OP should just service those customers that dont care if he is a covid-Mary? I thought Republicans didnt want business/money from those they dont agree with the lifestyle???

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-04-2021 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: Trump is not the topic

Old 05-04-2021, 06:06 AM

424 posts, read 175,647 times
I've found that people here are pretty eager to volunteer that they've been vaccinated. My inlaws are moving into a retirement community, and so far, all of the workers who have been to the house have volunteered the information that they've had their shots. So have my inlaws, so they then proceed without masks.

But my house, my rules. We haven't actually had any workers in the house since becoming fully vaccinated. Before that, we had a few things done and I did request/require that they wore masks. Nobody complained. If they did, I'd just have hired someone else. No big deal... contractors are a dime a dozen here. I probably wouldn't bother asking for vax status, since anyone can say anything they want. I don't think I'd ask them to mask up, either, since I'm protected. If they were already masked, I'd let them know that I'm vaccinated but would also mask up if they wanted me to. I'm not a whiny crybaby, so it's really no problem for me to wear one if it makes someone else more comfortable.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:09 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,348,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Why don’t you liberals stop being fascists!
Why don't anti maskers stop the whining about being persecuted and clogging this thread with inane subjects they don't agree with ? Put more bluntly, look for another hobby.....please.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 05-04-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Why don’t you liberals stop being fascists!
Private employers making their own rules have nothing to do with fascism. Words have meanings, you know.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:12 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Imagine having doctors perform surgeries for hours with masks on -- how inconsiderate of all those patients -- lol.

You folks are hilariously silly.
Surgery does not require bursts of exertion, it may be long in duration but the breathing effort of the person is consistent. Also, I was unaware surgeons and house cleaners were equally compensated.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Surgery does not require bursts of exertion, it may be long in duration but the breathing effort of the person is consistent. Also, I was unaware surgeons and house cleaners were equally compensated.
You obviously don't clean your own home -- there is no 'burst' of exertion -- lol.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:16 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,063 times
Quote:
Imagine having doctors perform surgeries for hours with masks on -- how inconsiderate of all those patients -- lol.

You folks are hilariously silly.
You are the king of the terrible analogy. This is one of your best.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have been in surgical rooms where sweat is running down the faces of the medical staff in the room. There is more exertion than you apparently know about. They need to turn patients, apply pressure, pull tissue retractors, etc. It's not like standing there doing cross-stitch.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:18 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
You obviously don't clean your own home -- there is no 'burst' of exertion -- lol.
You and I must clean differently.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:19 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinedecoeur View Post
more whining...

If you don’t like it, get a new job. It’s their home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon3290 View Post
or stay home.. That's what you've been telling people to do for a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.