Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 07:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's not unethical to ask a service person if they have been vaccinated before allowing them in your home. Maybe there are babies there, maybe elderly persons who are not ambulatory and can't get to a vaccine, maybe immunocompromised household members. Maybe the homeowner just does not want to do business with someone who is irresponsible and selfish enough not to get a readily available vaccine when their job entails being in other people's homes.
Good response. The idea that asking health and safety related questions to a stranger that is about to enter your home is somehow "unethical" is absurd.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:58 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
The "moral majority" speak.
Yeah, well now I would just ask them for vax card, but they will make those up too.

SO, I won't hire any trades, or maids, or anything I would normally do until the pandemic is over.

Never crossed my mind someone would lie to me to gain entry into my house without a mask.

Seriously, I just won't support the workers learning all this.

Too many jerks out there, and it just hurts the good ones.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-04-2021, 07:59 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Well...I guess that's the chance he takes. Businesses lie to their customers all the time.
Honesty is the best policy. I believe that. Don't you?

Old 05-04-2021, 08:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Why don’t you liberals stop being fascists!

Typical RW nonsense, feigned outrage over someone merely asking if you've been vaccinated against a communicable disease before entering their house, claiming it's none of their dam(sic) business while having no problem with supporting laws allowing the government to enter the decision making process about someone's medical treatment.

Why don't conservatives stop being hypocrites?

Old 05-04-2021, 08:00 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
It's not unethical to ask a service person if they have been vaccinated before allowing them in your home. Maybe there are babies there, maybe elderly persons who are not ambulatory and can't get to a vaccine, maybe immunocompromised household members. Maybe the homeowner just does not want to do business with someone who is irresponsible and selfish enough not to get a readily available vaccine when their job entails being in other people's homes.
If you have extremely frail immunocompromised people, that is a good reason. In which case, you are probably also asking them other questions about disease risk, and have been doing so prior to Covid. So this would be nothing new.

But a vaccinated healthy person who demands their maid disclose personal information just to allay their fears...that is safetyism run amok at the expense of people who aren't in a social/economic position to say no. I don't think that is right. Don't forget, these are the same people who were forced into unemployment from the lockdown restrictions that disproportionately benefitted the laptop class.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:02 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Babies? Do babies now die from corona in any statistically significant numbers? Is this more viro-doom fear mongering?

If people are so terrified of coming into contact with unvaccinated people, and if people are relying on word of mouth and the honor system to verify that someone is vaccinated, MAYBE THEY SHOULD JUST CLEAN THEIR OWN HOUSE!

Yeesh. People are losing their damn minds over this.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:03 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They have that right. We don't let people in our homes without masks. No one has ever taken offense because they realize we are still in a pandemic.
I got news for you, we have been in some pandemic or the other since we were babies, and we will be in one when we die.

Look up the term 'pandemic', you clearly don't know it.

The most famous pandemic of my life - before this one - was the HIV/AIDS pandemic.

And I'm pretty sure the 'Rona will be with us, with these vaccines and all the boosters in the world, forever. Instead of saying we have 'the flu' when we get laid out with high fever and fatigue, we will say we got the 'Rona. Of course, the 'Rone will be milder and milder every generation as it becomes adapted to human hosts and our immune systems learn to recognize it. But we will still be dying from it, just not in these numbers.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:03 AM

654 posts, read 527,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Their home, their rules, end of story. It's really up to them who they let in.
If you don't like it then perhaps you need to find another job no?
I don't let poc workers into my house.

My home, my rules.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:04 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
The rationale for that would be unethical questions deserve unethical answers. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is what will happen. Along with a black market on fake papers. It's far better to not even go down this road as a society. It's what a lot of people experience who lived under dictatorships--living by lies.
It doesn't matter if someone is vaccinated. Everyone is a CARRIER.

The virus just doesn't "fly by' people who are vaccinated.

It's astounding that this scientific lie that somehow vaccinated people can't carry diseases keeps being perpetuated.

EVERYONE IS A CARRIER.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I got news for you, we have been in some pandemic or the other since we were babies, and we will be in one when we die.

Look up the term 'pandemic', you clearly don't know it.

The most famous pandemic of my life - before this one - was the HIV/AIDS pandemic.

And I'm pretty sure the 'Rona will be with us, with these vaccines and all the boosters in the world, forever. Instead of saying we have 'the flu' when we get laid out with high fever and fatigue, we will say we got the 'Rona. Of course, the 'Rone will be milder and milder every generation as it becomes adapted to human hosts and our immune systems learn to recognize it. But we will still be dying from it, just not in these numbers.
The W H O definition of pandemic is 20 cases.

Yeah, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies