Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 02:16 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times

Advertisements

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/01/caitl...ological-boys/

Good on Caitlyn for letting the truth slip out. Trans females are biological males, that is, trans girls are boys!

And he hasn't backed down despite the predictable onslaught and claims of being a traitor. He doubled down!

Playing to the GOP voters? Either way, it is good to see honesty and objectivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 02:31 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Biological boys do have an advantage in most sports to biological women. Even hormones won't change pelvic structure that affects how men run/jump.
Jenner is right on this subject.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:08 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
That's a well-considered position from Jenner... will probably earn "her" lots of votes.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:25 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
How many men have been outran by a female as teens? Me? I ran track in high school. I was ok, held my own against other males, but wasn't the fastest. I never lost a race against any girls on the track team, in fact you couldn't even call it a race. I am not putting women down, simply stating that on average men are faster, stronger and have greater endurance than our female counterparts. That is a fact. Yes you will find exceptional female athletes that will blow away average male athletes.

Women have yet to break the 4 minute mile. The male record is 3:43.13. the women's is 4:12.33. Nearly half a minute difference. 100M. 10.49 for women 9.58 for men.
High jump:
Men 8 feet 1/4 inch or 96.25 inches
Women 6 feet 10 and 1/4 inches or 82.25 inches.

Long jump:
Men 8.95 meters
women 7.52 meters

I can go on and on why allowing a Trans male to female to compete against biological females is unfair. I support the transgender community but there must be limits. Allow them to compete against the Trans genders.

Old 05-02-2021, 05:17 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
I think Jenner, as a former Olympic athlete, is simply a realist on this topic. And frankly, that’s refreshing. A transgender female who not only doesn’t dwell in a fantasy world about gender change, but also understands that hormone therapies and puberty blockers have zero effect on overall muscle length and thickness, fast twitch muscles, and height. Men have superior athletic ability that doesn’t go away upon slipping into a dress and popping some pills.

I think we can eventually reach a fair compromise on this topic, as long as we remain truthful to it. Jenner is simply being truthful, and her opinion is pretty important given her background.

Old 05-02-2021, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I think Jenner, as a former Olympic athlete, is simply a realist on this topic. And frankly, that’s refreshing. A transgender female who not only doesn’t dwell in a fantasy world about gender change, but also understands that hormone therapies and puberty blockers have zero effect on overall muscle length and thickness, fast twitch muscles, and height. Men have superior athletic ability that doesn’t go away upon slipping into a dress and popping some pills.

I think we can eventually reach a fair compromise on this topic, as long as we remain truthful to it. Jenner is simply being truthful, and her opinion is pretty important given her background.
Agree with everything you said except the eventuality of compromise.

This honesty defeats the absolutism of those who say if I identify as a women, I am therefore a woman. It chips away at that notion by highlighting the reality of the differences.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:20 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/01/caitl...ological-boys/

Good on Caitlyn for letting the truth slip out. Trans females are biological males, that is, trans girls are boys!

And he hasn't backed down despite the predictable onslaught and claims of being a traitor. He doubled down!

Playing to the GOP voters? Either way, it is good to see honesty and objectivity.
I don't even think it's a GOP thing. I know a gay guy and he is disgusted about transgender biological men competing with women because he knows it's not a fair advantage. He also isn't too fond of men going into women's bathrooms, and he sees this as not as a Gay thing, but men using Gays to attack women and knock them down a notch or two on social justice pole. And he's a big supporter of Obama, but never did agree with his bathroom choice.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I don't even think it's a GOP thing. I know a gay guy and he is disgusted about transgender biological men competing with women because he knows it's not a fair advantage. He also isn't too fond of men going into women's bathrooms, and he sees this as not as a Gay thing, but men using Gays to attack women and knock them down a notch or two on social justice pole. And he's a big supporter of Obama, but never did agree with his bathroom choice.
I agree. It is the extreme edge of the Trans community that is driving this narrative. The ones who label real women as TERF's if they dare challenge them on anything.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:55 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Seems like he is in a pretty good position to speak on the subject. Do you disagree with his view?
No.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:59 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
You know what they say, "acceptance is the first step to recovery".

Well done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies