Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2021, 10:24 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I am very surprised that the military is not requiring personnel to get the Covid vaccine. My nephew is in the army and told me they are not required although he had to go to base and stand in line to say he did not want the vaccine.
This surprised me, especially knowing the fact that Vaccination programs are almost universal for modern military personnel.

There arn't any options given for required vaccinations. The department of defense creates a list of required vaccinations, and it has additional requirements for personnel deployed in areas where diseases uncommon in the USA are still present.

Refusal of a mandatory requirement would be disobedience. You'd face punishment, and possibly be discharged, not an Honorable discharge either.

If there were issues with the safety of a vaccine, the top leadership would be the ones to protest, and be able to do so effectively. Nobody would want to cause harm and reduce the effectiveness of the personnel under their command.

Something just don't seem right. Either they don't believe the vaccination is effective, or they don't believe covidvirus is that serious, at least not serious enough to cause harm and reduce the effectiveness of the personnel under their command.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:48 AM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
You're arguing for his right to spread a deadly disease. Would you feel the same if it was ebola?
You are assuming unvaccinated people must be COVID+ or careless. Did spread the 'deadly disease' over the last year before you got the vaccine?

Both vaccinated and unvaccinneate can transmit the virus. The unvaccinated people are not necessarily COVID+ or careless, the vaccinated are not necessarily COVID- or careful.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:40 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Anytime an employee is screaming at another employee and flinging personal insults?

HR needs to be involved. This is inappropriate, grounds for a write up or warning, and possibly sensitivity training.

Unacceptable. Topic is irrelevant. Behavior is the issue.

It's a workplace. Not a bar.

Good grief.
The subject is tha unvaccinatedyou are a DANGER TO SELF OR OTHERS and need to be separated from society until you are. You have no right to endanger others, period

Old 05-06-2021, 12:25 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Because there are people out who aren't able to get the vaccine because of health reasons.
And? It is up to those people to protect themselves then, just as if they cannot get a flu shot, or allergic to peanuts, etc.

The fact someone that is vaccinated can still get the virus sort of makes your comment moot. A vaccinated person can still spread it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I am very surprised that the military is not requiring personnel to get the Covid vaccine. My nephew is in the army and told me they are not required although he had to go to base and stand in line to say he did not want the vaccine.
Under the EUA, they (the government) cannot mandate the vaccine to anyone.

It is still a grey area regarding employers, there are lawsuits now going through the courts, will have to wait and see. The CDC already ahs taken the stance they do not want employers mandating vaccinations, but this stance is not policy.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The subject is tha unvaccinatedyou are a DANGER TO SELF OR OTHERS and need to be separated from society until you are. You have no right to endanger others, period
You have to prove the person is dangerous to society, which at this point, not a single person in the world has proven this.

There are numerous people who cannot get the vaccine due to medical reasons, are they a danger to society as well? Should be removed? Of course not, thus your comment is false because you will make exceptions, thus the exceptions invalidate the stance.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:27 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Missed typing the "you":

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
You are assuming unvaccinated people must be COVID+ or careless. Did you spread the 'deadly disease' over the last year before you got the vaccine?

Both vaccinated and unvaccinneate can transmit the virus. The unvaccinated people are not necessarily COVID+ or careless, the vaccinated are not necessarily COVID- or careful.
And, from
Quote:
Would you feel the same if it was ebola?
So you know it's not Ebola, and the scenario would be different.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:31 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My husband’s employer ( 4000 + employees) made clear if you choose to not vaccinate, find another job.
That... is crazy

Illegal?

Old 05-06-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Which means the company has zero liability for ANY health issues you may have as a result of their experimental product.
It is still a grey area though, I imagine the courts will settle, and regulations will come before that.

I am rather surprised employers are exposing themselves to liability like this, but those who make such decisions will not be facing any consequences of course, business as usual with companies, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
I understand that some employers are mandating that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19.

I see this as the same as employers that will not hire smokers or drug users. Its all a matter of reducing their risks and keeping their insurance rates low.

While I would never support forcing an existing employee to get vaccinated or any other personal change, I do understand their motives and do support filtering new applicants with the vaccination requirement. (remember job applications already ask if your are a smoker or drug user)
Not the same as smokers or drug use at all. Those two items do not require someone to inject something in them, something that is still considered experimental.

I have never been asked if I smoked or used drugs when applying for a job. The only drug use thing was consent to be tested, and asked on my security clearance forms. Likewise, in regards to medical insurance, I have never been asked for my vaccinations, and if I smoke, drink, etc.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:33 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The subject is the inappropriate behavior of one employee to another.

Said SCREAMER should have taken any concerns to HR.

Not made a spectacle in a common workspace by yelling at and insulting a coworker.

Or is that what you do at work? Scream at your coworkers and call them names?

You do realize that's grounds for getting fired?

Old 05-06-2021, 12:41 PM

21,867 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
If a person gets infected with flu while working -- because a coworker refused to take a sick day -- and then dies .. can their family sue the employer for allowing a flu-infected coworker to remain on premises?

How does one PROVE that they contracted the infection at work?

Quote:
pre·sump·tion
/prəˈzəm(p)SH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
an idea that is taken to be true, and often used as the basis for other ideas, although it is not known for certain.
Doesn't matter about proving it. You have to prove the opposite. E.g., if someone works 100% remotely and gets COVID that would be sufficient to prove they did not contract COVID while working. There's a few other examples of presumptions for workers' comp. Public safety for example often has heart and cancer presumptions. A firefighter with heart disease again does not need to prove anything. They have it, it's a state with a public safety heart presumption, it's presumed industrial. Good luck proving it isn't. You're going to need it.

Regular flu there's no presumption. Certain things like oil refiner workers and specific types of cancers that are very rare in the general population but common in oil refinery worker, asbestos in construction workers, that type of stuff where it's far more likely it was industrial than non-industrial you might prove. The flu or common cold though, you never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies