Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 05:22 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don’t get the obsession some people have with other people’s private parts. If someone is dressing as a woman and wishes to be regarded in her public life as a woman, that’s fine with me and I certainly don’t need to inspect their genitals first.
Are you sure you aren't a Californian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 05:23 PM

5,980 posts, read 2,234,421 times
All I got out of the interview was No one wants to park their plane close to Jenner's hanger.

Did I miss anything else?

Old 05-06-2021, 05:35 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
All I got out of the interview was No one wants to park their plane close to Jenner's hanger.

Did I miss anything else?
Riots, immigration, forest management, rolling blackouts, the high speed rail project, water shortages, small businesses....

Old 05-06-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpebrous View Post
No. You will not see anything like that. You know you won't. That's the joke, right? Six years ago, the Democrats invented a new victim category to abuse you with. This time it was people who are confused about their bodies and the orwellian proposition they imposed was that men can be women by proclamation and vice versa. They invented a new thoughtcrime, "transphobia" with which to harass and criminalize you. They were permitted to bring this absurd project from planning to implementation in law with zero resistance from either the GOP or the conservative movement. You now live in a society which makes less sense than it did before, wherein you face real penalties - loss of employment, fines, etc. - for pronoun misuse. All this because Democrats hate you. They invented and imposed this absurd thing to humiliate and demoralize you. We're well past the point of them simply lying. They're not lying hoping to fool you any longer. They know that you know that they know that they're lying and they lie in your face to tell you something. They're telling you that they hate you and that they have the power and you have none.

And, just so you understand that the leadership of your own party hates you too, the GOP is foisting this mortifying transgendered candidate on you, which you may also take as a signal of how little they think of your objections to the Covid lockdowns. And to string you along, to dangle a tiny morsel of self-respect before you, "conservative" pundits have given you a toolkit of staircase wit you can whip out on twitter to snark at liberals with. Of these is the "I guess Democrat voters are the real transphobes now" trope.

But Democrats can't be "transphobes" because "transphobia" is a thing they made up to abuse and punish you. They invented it so they can get you banned from social media and fired from your job. So, no, Democrats who do not support Jenner's candidacy will not be the real transphobes. They have no reason to address his transgenderism. They may simply point out that he is unqualified. When you snark at them that they're the real transphobes they will not fear for their account status or being exposed to harm. Rather, they'll click the "report" button and tell the site administrators that you're harassing them with transphobic hate. And you'll be banned.

In the end, you're the sucker who voted for an manifestly unqualified sideshow - a sex pervert who rummaged through his step-daughters' underwear for articles to satisfy his crossdressing fetish - because you still reserve your allegiance to the party which arranged things so that Jenner was the only candidate you could choose from. Who are you to snark at the people who have and retain power?

Is it satisfying to see Democrats exercise power over you?
This is a really strange argument. I like Jenner because of her plans for California. Trans isn't even an issue. Why would it be? California has big problems and desperately needs solutions. And for those who think she 'isn't qualified'....well Newsom was 'qualified' and a lot of good that did. Andrew Cuomo is 'qualified.' God help us. At this point in the game, we need someone with good, common sense ideas who actually wants to fix things. Maybe the other candidates are better--I haven't seen them--but Jenner isn't bad. I thought Hannity did a good interview. Granted, I never watch Hannity, but he asked decent questions.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:40 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
When the 43 year-old 5'11" male dressed as a teenage girl enters the women's restroom, it's not necessary to "inspect his genitals" to know that he is not where he is to be permitted.
Right and that’s what really seems to trigger the conservative right the most, non-passable trans. I’m simply pointing out that there are many passable trans who would look like they belong in the women’s room, would not look like they belong in the men’s room, but would nonetheless need to be subject to genital inspection for certain things under the logic now advancing on the right.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:48 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
This is a really strange argument. I like Jenner because of her plans for California. Trans isn't even an issue. Why would it be? California has big problems and desperately needs solutions. And for those who think she 'isn't qualified'....well Newsom was 'qualified' and a lot of good that did. Andrew Cuomo is 'qualified.' God help us. At this point in the game, we need someone with good, common sense ideas who actually wants to fix things. Maybe the other candidates are better--I haven't seen them--but Jenner isn't bad. I thought Hannity did a good interview. Granted, I never watch Hannity, but he asked decent questions.
Has she ever implemented a policy? NO.

Has she ever done anything for anyone other than herself? NO.

Does she know how government works? Obviously not. She thinks judges are appointed by the Governor.
She doesn’t know how ANYTHING works.

You want someone who needs on the job training?

NO MORE CELEBRITIES gaming the system for popularity or money.

She’s as much a grifter as her television family.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
When the 43 year-old 5'11" male dressed as a teenage girl enters the women's restroom, it's not necessary to "inspect his genitals" to know that he is not where he is to be permitted. It's necessary only to alert the police. In fact, unwanted "genital inspection" is what is being avoided by making it plain that he is to leave.

And, as he screams and hollers that he'll literally kill himself if he's not permitted to act out his fantasy of being a little girl using the little girls' room, he does not get to snark about other people being the ones 'obsessed' with his genitals.

None of the rest of us are so 'obsessed with genitals' that we require psychiatric care for it. Transgendereds are.
You just wrote a whole post about 'genitals' while claiming you are not obsessed with genitals. Jenner isn't making being trans a large part of her platform because being trans has nothing to do with addressing forest fires, riots, or tent cities. Yet trans is all people see.

Old 05-06-2021, 07:03 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Jenner's statement seems pretty darned sensible to me. If I was in CA I would vote for Jenner.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Jenner does come off as well balanced in terms of policies. That she is trans is none of my business.

I do enjoy contemplating Jenner could become the new and sane face of the Republican Party.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
So you prefer candidates who promise everything and solve nothing?
*insert every candidate's name, who has ever run in the history of the world, here.

Old 05-06-2021, 07:25 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
But it's also okay to reject this because of his "gender identity" behavior. You owe that stuff no respect whatsoever. It's obviously ridiculous and it's appropriate to treat it as such.
No, that’s a rejection of all trans people. Many people do internally identify as the other gender and eventually wish to live a lifestyle that is more expressive of that. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 05-06-2021, 07:27 PM

2,356 posts, read 1,151,653 times
Caitlyn Jenner on Hannity!
Sorry I missed that.

Here's Caitlyn's alter ego, Bruce, being interviewed by the guy from Abba....or Eric Clapton in his gay cowboy phase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhlP8KF6J4o

As a heterosexual guy, I think I'm more attracted to Bruce.

Last edited by Tedster24; 05-06-2021 at 07:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies