Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 12:23 PM

52,700 posts, read 34,630,631 times

Advertisements

speaking the truth these days will lose you your job in so many instances.

Quote:
Erwin insists that she posted the statement after she and her colleagues were faced with violent protests and family members who were traumatized by images on television of officers being attacked. Erwin reportedly wrote:

“Last night as I left for work I had my two kids crying for me not to go to work. I don’t think I’ve ever felt the way I did last night. And then I watched people I know and others I care about going into harms way. I love my police family like my own. So when you share posts and things on Facebook I’d really appreciate if you’d THINK before doing so. I’ve seen so many black lives matter [sic] hashtags in these posts. Just to let you know — they are terrorists. They hate me. They hate my uniform. They don’t care if I die.”

Hopewell Township Mayor Julie Blake and the town’s council made the decision to fire her in an unanimous vote to accept the recommendations of a hearing officer.
https://jonathanturley.org/2021/05/0...rs-terrorists/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 12:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,253,481 times
Pretty sad how the truth about those thugs will get one fired.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM

8,358 posts, read 2,981,436 times
They are a vile terrorist hustler organization that should be terminated. And the term is racist trash.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:02 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,522,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
speaking the truth these days will lose you your job in so many instances.

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/05/0...rs-terrorists/
It will lose you a job only on the conservative side. All part of the liberal “cancel culture.”

Old 05-06-2021, 02:06 PM

27,696 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Fbi probably ordered it

Old 05-06-2021, 02:12 PM

24,547 posts, read 17,297,674 times
Social media is shutting down our freedom of speech while the woke cancel culture mob is shutting down the rest.

People are living in fear of the backlash from the mob and it is hard to tell from one day to the next what is offensive and what is not.

This cop lost her job for stating an opinion that many think is true while another cop lost his for poking fun at Lebron James.

There will come a day when we call 911 and nobody answers. Who would ever want to be a cop these days and it is only getting worse. You put on that uniform and you are putting on a target for misguided hatred.

BLM is a terrorist group. What else would you call a group that bullies and strong arms other people and organizations with verbal threats and actual physical violence for political gain and profit? They might not be strapping bombs onto themselves but their ideology is not that far from that of isis.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:14 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,676,390 times
I really hope that officer gets hired by another police force. Or, perhaps a bout of Blue Flu could sweep through that New Jersey community. One should not get fired for speaking the truth, regardless of whose feathers get ruffled.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:31 PM

962 posts, read 542,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I really hope that officer gets hired by another police force. Or, perhaps a bout of Blue Flu could sweep through that New Jersey community. One should not get fired for speaking the truth, regardless of whose feathers get ruffled.
It's telling that if an outcome that is adverse to the interest of law enforcement happens, people always suggest law enforcement should stop doing their jobs. The line between public servant and mafia is ever thinning.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:31 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,755,432 times
Another officer was demoted and suspended for simply "liking" the post.
These people are evil and out of control.

From a link at the OP's link:
"Appeals in Superior Court citing First Amendment concerns on behalf of Erwin and Grey are underway. Erwin wants her job back, while Grey is seeking to have her rank restored and her six-month suspension rescinded, Crevelli said."

Old 05-06-2021, 02:35 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,430,401 times
Quote:
I’ve seen so many black lives matter [sic] hashtags in these posts. Just to let you know — they are terrorists. They hate me. They hate my uniform.
Based on this statement, I would have to agree on the absurdity of the officer's insinuation. She appears to be saying anyone affiliated with BLM is a terrorist, a ludicrous statement. Terrorists are people that commit illegal acts of violence to advance a political agenda. While we did have some of.that, most people affiliated with BLM have simply exercised their constitutional right to peacefully protest. Tarring that with the label of terrorist, especially from law enforcement, is simply not acceptable.

Whether it rises to the level of warranting dismissal from her job, would depend on her specific department policies, which I don't know well enough to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies