Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2021, 03:00 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It could also simply mutate into something like a seasonable rhinovirus (cold). We can actually look at the Spanish Flu for reference. That pandemic killed 50 million and seemingly disappeared after about 2 years. The current thinking is that that virus simply settled into one of the seasonable flus that we have floating around.
It absolutely did, all modern flus are descendent of the spanish flu.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:11 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I do not care what happens to the anti vaccine people. I do care about the illness and death they will cause when the circulate in public. They do not have the right to hurt other people and that is what they are doing.
You understand that EVERYONE is a carrier.

Right?

Old 05-06-2021, 03:17 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
We are forced to pay for their care. Darwin would weed out the fearful ignorants among us but instead we are obligated to spend billions to keep them alive when they get covid.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:31 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
What Trump got. He was better in a few days.

I've been inquiring into monoclonal antibodies should I or someone I know get Covid, but they can't be prescribed for someone who doesn't have a pre-existing condition like obesity, diabetes etc. Even though they have an excess of doses that no one is using.
Well, that's not exactly luxury care, because if it was available and indicated, any patient of any means could receive it. Trump got it as President, as it was a just emerging treatment. It was available and indicated. Only a handful of other patients had received it before him. It is unlikely we will ever know just who, how rich, and if their wealth played any part.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Most people recover in their home from Covid just like they recover at home from the flu or a cold. Usually the people being hospitalized have other issues that go beyond Covid. Not always, but usually.
I know that you are talking comorbidities, previous medical conditions and thus high risk. But in addition to that, patients getting hospitalized and then dying all have other issues. That is, complications that are the actual causes of death with Covid 19. You don't actually die of the Covid 19 virus, you die of a complication like respiratory failure.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:38 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Sshhh, nature is gradually selecting against anti-vaxxers. We just need to stay quiet about it. ;-)

Old 05-06-2021, 03:42 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Sshhh, nature is gradually selecting against anti-vaxxers. We just need to stay quiet about it. ;-)
Right. Folks that assume that folks who don’t rush to get a rushed vaccine are anti-vaxxers should be ecstatic because everyone knows that a virus with a 99%+ survival rate means the sky is going to fall on them and they’ll never survive.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If those who have been vaccinated are still in grave danger then why even get the vaccine?
No. They are now very much protected.

But with all the unvaccinated people there is more risk of our nation encountering a more virulent variant or one that bypasses our current vaccines down the road. Then the current vaccinated could again be at high risk.

My own opinion is that we will beat the Pandemic this summer despite all the unvaccinated masses. But common sense dictates more risk.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:53 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
No. They are now very much protected.

But with all the unvaccinated people there is more risk of our nation encountering a more virulent variant or one that bypasses our current vaccines down the road. Then the current vaccinated could again be at high risk.

My own opinion is that we will beat the Pandemic this summer despite all the unvaccinated masses. But common sense dictates more risk.
At which time there will be another vaccine available for anyone who wants it.

Big Pharma has your back.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
At which time there will be another vaccine available for anyone who wants it.

Big Pharma has your back.
Good point, and another reason I am more optimistic. But that scenario could also entail the Pandemic protocols again on a broader scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies