Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 02:43 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
As opposed to what, "difficult access?"

Why should a legal product, guaranteed by the constitution, be "difficult" to access?

What other constitutional rights should be "difficult" to access?

Give some specifics instead of just liberal bumper sticker BS.
Obviously, one of the problems with this picture is a sixth grader having such easy access to a firearm, deciding to bring it to school, and deciding to use it in a violent manner. It's beyond regrettable that you would need to have someone explain this to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 02:49 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Of course nobody, well almost nobody, save those diagnosed with a terminal illness knows the date of their death but; realizing that should not induce a cavalier attitude.

I'm merely suggesting that resorting to a firearm in an effort at "risk mitigation" by members of the general public, if followed to it's ultimate conclusion would do anything but mitigate risk.

I'll also add that, as I've stated here before; more regulation is a fools errand if all regulations heretofore already enacted are not being actively enforced.

Further, any attempt by Federal authority to confiscate would result in pandemonium, if not outright anarchy.

AND further still; this train is going to finish it's journey with you all aboard regardless. All opportunities for getting off have already been lost.
Yes I would predict anarchy. https://www.guns.com/news/2020/11/17...-ars-150m-mags

Old 05-07-2021, 02:49 PM

8,941 posts, read 2,963,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Obviously, one of the problems with this picture is a sixth grader having such easy access to a firearm, deciding to bring it to school, and deciding to use it in a violent manner. It's beyond regrettable that you would need to have someone explain this to you.
Well the comment to which I was replying was talking about "access to firearms in general."

The parents of this particular person shouldn't have let her take a gun to school. BUT, the left doesn't want to talk about parenting. That's too hot of a subject.

When you bring up the fact that 72% of black children are born out of wedlock and that the nuclear family is shunned in the modern, woke liberal worldview, you are quickly dismissed and then they go back to "guns."

So you should take your own advice and start talking about the things that ACTUALLY matter. Like parenting.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:50 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Wow, what a profound point.

Literally, you could say the same thing about any other thing in the entire world.

More swimming pools, more drownings

More cars, more vehicular homicides

More golf clubs, more assaults with golf clubs

More yachts, more yacht fires or murders aboard yachts

More motorcycles, more deaths on motorcycles

More steak knives, more murders with steak knives

Congratulations captain obvious! You've made the most elementary point in history!
Mass yachtings are pretty terrible.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:52 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
MY GOD!.....look at those prices!

Old 05-07-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Mass yachtings are pretty terrible.
You've never heard of people being taken care of in a yacht, far off shore, where no one can see?

Really?

Old 05-07-2021, 02:53 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Seems to me like you're talking about parenting, not about firearms.

You're finally starting to zero in on the actual problem.

Why didn't you say that from the beginning?
Exactly so! I'm talking about parenting, teaching, role models, a host of stuff that needs real thought put to it. You cannot, at this stage, eliminate the guns. What then are the choices left?

A whole plethora of societal issues from parenting, mental health to classroom respect need to be addressed. This sure isn't going to happen in one generation. Somehow a rethink on the function a firearm serves within a modern advanced society needs to happen and it's not going to happen if not talking about it and/or dismissing the problem with the wave of the hand because there isn't a one sentence answer.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:56 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Exactly so! I'm talking about parenting, teaching, role models, a host of stuff that needs real thought put to it. You cannot, at this stage, eliminate the guns. What then are the choices left?

A whole plethora of societal issues from parenting, mental health to classroom respect need to be addressed. This sure isn't going to happen in one generation. Somehow a rethink on the function a firearm serves within a modern advanced society needs to happen and it's not going to happen if not talking about it and/or dismissing the problem with the wave of the hand because there isn't a one sentence answer.

I get a kick out of how marksmanship is an excellent method for teaching anger management. The ability to calm the body, clear the mind so to put rounds on target..................

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Where did you get that information? I'd wager that every country in the world has had a kid bring a gun to school at some point.

It's EXTRAORDINARILY RARE, even the in the United States.

You have a better chance of hitting the powerball than being shot by a student in a school.

Are you sure you're understanding macro statistics?

And what would you propose be done to stop a random individual in a country of 330 million from breaking the law.

We're all ears.
This isn't the first time a child got hold of a gun and shot someone, happens all too frequently here.

I would propose tighter gun restrictions that would prevent such easy access to the point that something like this could happen. Yes it is rare but it's symbolic of our gun problem.

But while your at it did up some stats on kids bringing golf clubs to school for violent confrontations.

Quote:

In modern, advanced societies, people carry guns.

In repressed, backward societies, only the elite rulers have guns.

We've reached the greatest heights of humanity and beaten back the greatest evils with guns.

Where have you been for the past 500 years??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies