Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 07:10 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Let me guess, when you say "educating yourself" and "research" you mean absorbing nonsense from whatever antivaxxer echo chamber you hang around so you can regurgitate it here then demand others educate themselves as well?

I'll take from your avoiding answering the question that no, you have zero education or experience in anything related to pandemics or immunology. You believe the confirmation bias rodeo you ride through google on is considered "research" and surely qualifies you to discount scientists and wag your finger at others who don't chase the same conclusions you do on your favorite youtube channels.
Ok. Ill play. What do I say to my mother...the once healthy woman who is now on a vent loaded w blood clots EVERYWHERE after her second shot? What do you recommend?

All your "whatever nonsense antivaxxer echo chamber" BS isnt going to save her, is it?

Old 05-12-2021, 01:04 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Try going to Europe this summer.
I'm in Europe now - French Riviera. Border with Monaco.

You know how I got to France? I first flew to Ireland (which allows Americans to go, but strongly encourages quarantine, but does not enforce) then I flew to France. Required a negative PCR test, that's it.

When Europe rolls out vaccinations I bet they will still allow people with negative PCR tests to come, but with more protocols. Most of those protocols are never enforced. And with PCR tests you can just change the dates on Adobe, without needing to test again.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:44 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I see nowhere that the "paralyzed from the neck down" woman was placed on a ventilator. If she was truly "paralyzed from the neck down" she would be unable to breathe on her own.

"Stories" are not scientific evidence.

Schools cannot "secretly" vaccinate children.

They are investigated. Every single one.

Then when it is determined that the vaccine did not cause the death it is like you are being told the sun is the sun and you claim it is the moon.

They are wrong. There are no confirmed deaths from the HPV vaccine.
I looked it up not all cases of paralyzed from the neck down need a ventilator. these scenarios are more important they are real life. there are too many of them and the media is hiding them.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Why do you think Florida is special? It has had 10,474 cases per 100,000 population. More than half the states in the country have done better than that.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...es-july-1.html

What makes you think that "5-10-20%" must die in order for the virus to be highly transmissible and deadly? That is something you have just pulled out of thin air.

Florida's death rate is not so hot.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...nal_COVD19.htm

COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death overall in the country last year, behind heart disease and cancer. On some days it was killing more than those two combined and was the #1 killer.

There is nothing to explain about Florida, no matter how hard you stamp your foot. Florida has been hit by COVID-19, too. It might have done better if it had not been "open since May 2020."
Florida has been open since May 2020. Open during a pandemic. Open during a deadly pandemic.

Where are the millions of dead? Sick? Bodies in the street? Ambulances screaming up and down the roadways? Morgues overwhelemd with bodies? Hospitals everywhere completely mobbed with patients?

A neighbor is a VA nurse. Dealing with the sickest of the sickest. The RNs would take turns outside at the testing tent. Until week after week, no one showed, and they shut it down.

If it weren't on the news 24/7/365? No one in Florida would know about the highly transmissible, highly deadly virus.

A pandemic should speak for itself. Not need a marketing campaign.

So again, please explain Florida. You cannot. At all.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:30 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Florida has been open since May 2020. Open during a pandemic. Open during a deadly pandemic.
Really? Florida implemented phase 2 in June of 2020.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/re...7-67e0331a4c53
Quote:
Bars and pubs can reopen at 50-percent capacity inside, full capacity outside
Restaurants can seat people at bars inside. Nightclubs are not included.
Bowling alleys, movie theaters, concert houses auditoriums and arcades can reopen at 50-percent capacity
Personal services like tanning, massage, body piercing, acupuncture and tattoo shops can operate with appropriate safety guidelines outlined by the Department of Health
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...sales-at-bars/
Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Florida banned alcohol consumption at its bars Friday after its daily confirmed coronavirus cases neared 9,000, a new record that is almost double the previous mark set just two days ago.

The Florida agency that governs bars announced the ban on Twitter just minutes after the Department of Health reported 8,942 new confirmed cases, far surpassing the state’s previous record of 5,500 set Wednesday. The executive order — issued Friday by Halsey Beshears, secretary for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation — takes effect immediately. On Saturday morning, Beshears followed the department’s announcement in a Tweet, saying “We must forcefully flatten the curve.”
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...lines-or-else/
Quote:
Florida bars and restaurants that violate the state’s social distancing guidelines now risk losing their liquor licenses. That’s according to Gov. Ron DeSantis, who made the announcement at a news conference Tuesday in Orlando.“If you go in and it’s just like mayhem, like Dance Party USA and it’s packed to the rafters, that’s just cut and dry. That’s not just an innocent mistake,” DeSantis said.

The governor said businesses that are clearly out of compliance with state rules can count on a visit from Department of Business and Professional Regulation Secretary Halsey Beshears, whom DeSantis called “the grim reaper for business licenses.” “There’s not going to be any tolerance for it,” said DeSantis, who has ordered restaurants and bars to operate at 50 percent capacity indoors.
Fully open... business as usual...

Quote:
Hospitals everywhere completely mobbed with patients?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-arizona-texas
Quote:
More than 40 Florida hospitals in multiple counties across the state have maxed out their ICU capacity or are close to running out of intensive care beds, according to the state’s Agency for Health Care Administration.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:37 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
A large school district in CO just announced mandatory vaccines for staff. There has been a lot of talk about teacher shortages. I wonder how that district will deal with that new problem of teachers leaving.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:39 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:

Where are the millions of dead? Sick? Bodies in the street? Ambulances screaming up and down the roadways? Morgues overwhelemd with bodies? Hospitals everywhere completely mobbed with patients?

A neighbor is a VA nurse. Dealing with the sickest of the sickest. The RNs would take turns outside at the testing tent. Until week after week, no one showed, and they shut it down.

If it weren't on the news 24/7/365? No one in Florida would know about the highly transmissible, highly deadly virus.

A pandemic should speak for itself. Not need a marketing campaign.

So again, please explain Florida. You cannot. At all.

This was all over the local news a few years ago:

https://www.news-press.com/story/lif...ates/95692048/

Maybe this needs updating in light of the pandemic? Given that the median age in Naples is around 62, the hospitals and morgues must be overflowing. Old people dropping dead on streets now? lol

Old 05-12-2021, 07:51 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post

Illinois is erasing exemption rights. I don’t know if their recent bill to do that has passed yet.

A bill filed in the Illinois state Senate last week aims to remove the option for parents to opt out of vaccinating their children on religious grounds. The legislation would also do away with most medical exemptions for vaccines required to attend schools in the state.

In addition, the bill would allow minors age 14 and older to get a vaccine, "regardless of whether the minor's parent or guardian consents."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine...ines-in-state/
Just the proposition of removing the medical exemption for vaccination CLEARLY exposes the complete and total disregard for the health and well being of children, by those who so strenuously push vaccination under the pretense of the health benefits vaccines offer TO CHILDREN. Obviously, the only sacred cow to these people are vaccines, not children’s health and wellbeing.

Let me be very blunt for those who don’t immediately recognize the OBVIOUS message ..... and it shouldn’t take a rocket scientist or a medical professional to understand the absurdity of disallowing a medical exemption for any form of medical treatment, be it a vaccine or a bloody aspirin. Anyone advocating such an astonishingly ignorant position should be ridiculed, dismissed and removed from any discussion regarding health and public policy making.

While my personal views on vaccines is no secret to those familiar with my many previous posts on the subject, the undeniable facts are, there are risks of adverse reactions to all vaccines as documented by the very producers of the vaccines themselves. These potential adverse reactions range from very mild, to (rare) but extremely dangerous reactions, up to and including death. What is also undeniable is that certain individuals can be at greater risk of severe reactions, such as those who have documented allergies to one or more components of a particular vaccine, and certainly those who have already experienced adverse reactions to vaccines and other medications in the past. This is just basic common sense of the variety that would stop you from feeding a child a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to a child allergic to peanuts.

Consequently, the message is clear .... the dogmatic mindset of the pro-vaccine crowd either disregards common sense completely, or believes that ya gotta break a few eggs if ya want to make an omelette. In other words, the advocates of peanut butter believe so strongly in the health benefits of peanut butter, that they are willing to force feed every child peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, even if they KNOW a few are going to keel over and die of anaphylaxis shock. It’s because they care sooooooo much about the children!

Now, if they are perfectly willing to sacrifice children, how much do you think they care about you?

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 05-12-2021 at 07:59 AM..

Old 05-12-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
You know, I keep my mask on driving between the grocery and the library on the other side of the intersection. That makes me a a disrespectful robot?
If you are being serious, then no, not a robot .... something a bit more difficult to fix. But let’s try anyway ...

First and foremost, masks do nothing other than deprive you of oxygen, and subject the wearer to greater risks of infection from all of the normal pathogens, bacteria and other nasty things the masks collect during the day, not to mention the constant recycling of your own CO2 you would otherwise expel. It cannot protect you from a virus, nor protect others from you should you be carrying a virus, because covid can be as small as 50 nanometers in diameter.... while the gold standard N95 mask filters .... you guessed it .... 95 nanometers, therefore, covid can pass through that N95 while carrying luggage. As for all of the other cloth masks MOST people have been wearing for a year and a half now, they don’t even come close to the N95, and totally useless, except for identifying you a very compliant citizen of the New World Order, and one most likely to be first in line to receive your death shot, which is exactly what awaits you, and the primary purpose of covid 19, and the mask mania to begin with.

Now, don’t take my word for any of this ... there are thousands of doctors, microbiologists and other experts worldwide sounding the alarm bells about the extreme danger of this fast tracked, untested, experimental gene therapy posing as a vaccine, called covid19 vaccine. It’s not a vaccine ... it does not protect you from infection, nor from spreading it .... it’s only claim is to minimize the symptoms of covid should you become infected .... yet given the fact that the overwhelming majority of people who have already been infected suffer mild to no symptoms at all, suggest that even this claim of minimizing symptoms is pure nonsense.

WAKE UP.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Why do you think Florida is special? It has had 10,474 cases per 100,000 population. More than half the states in the country have done better than that.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...es-july-1.html

What makes you think that "5-10-20%" must die in order for the virus to be highly transmissible and deadly? That is something you have just pulled out of thin air.

Florida's death rate is not so hot.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...nal_COVD19.htm

COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death overall in the country last year, behind heart disease and cancer. On some days it was killing more than those two combined and was the #1 killer.

There is nothing to explain about Florida, no matter how hard you stamp your foot. Florida has been hit by COVID-19, too. It might have done better if it had not been "open since May 2020."
Hello Suzy ... long time no speak ....

By now, anyone paying attention who still possess two or more brain cells that are able to shake hands, recognize the tsunami of lies and disinformation flooding in from the CDC, FDA and the talking heads in the media for what it is .... complete nonsense.

First, I would highlight a very important point that few apparently consider, let alone understand the significance.... that is, the all cause mortality rates in the United States is virtually unchanged when comparing pre-pandemic to post pandemic numbers. This is a statistical impossibility that cannot be explained rationally, unless we were to accept the foolish notion that covid 19 was either smart enough to infect only those people who were going to die anyway from all other causes, or all the other causes of death magically went on vacation for a year and a half. But the more plausible explanation is that these covid death numbers have been deliberately manipulated and inflated, in order to generate the necessary fear required to convince people to accept the unacceptable. The strategy, I must admit, was brilliant, however insidious.... once adequately preconditioned with endless mask wearing, extended house arrests, lockdowns, schools, business and entertainment closures, the masses would run not walk with their sleeves already rolled up to receive their “vaccination” under the false assumption that doing so would be the pathway to return to some semblance of normal life. Talk about mind control at its textbook finest ... it has worked beyond anyone’s wildest expectation. I’m astonished at how easy it was to get almost an entire population to comply with such absurd edicts virtually overnight .... and I now wonder just how many of them would likely allow masks to be surgically attached to their faces, given the option. Not long ago, I joked about how many people might do it, if Dr. Fauci told them that the best way to protect against the virus would be to tape a piece of dog poop on top of their heads .... now I wonder if we would have run out of dogs.

However, because I’m not a mass murdering psychopath, I am compelled by normal human compassion and inclination to oppose the genocidal nature of the plan now unfolding before our very eyes, yet, from a purely objective point of view, I can see the rationale used by the psychopaths to justify their actions. To them, there are way too many people on earth who they consider “useless eaters” who are just too stupid to remain breathing and waste the world’s precious resources on, and therefore, a culling of the herd must be done. Sadly, there seems to be no shortage of idiots who make such an argument almost convincing.

Even more sad, in spite of the efforts by so many well meaning folks who are trying to warn them, a significant portion of the cattle apparently still don’t realize that THEY are “what’s for dinner”, and are stampeding to be first in line at the slaughter house. They are easily identified by the masks they never take off, and are also the ones first to chastise anyone not wearing one. While I don’t believe stupidity is a crime punishable by death, they are nevertheless as much the enemy as are the psychopaths, because this dastardly plan of mass genocide could never happen without their ignorant participation and compliance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies