Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 06:46 AM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times

Advertisements

Don't be white, just be very rare. Pick some obscure country to identify as from (you can just lie and say your great grandmother was from there and was persecuted for being some religion) + an obscure sexual fetish (like liking midget feet) = exemption
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 07:29 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
.. because to question indoctrination would be....'rrraaaacist!!'

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/st...28488949518337
Who the hell goes to Disney or buys their products anymore?

Disney World is a parental nightmare- crappy food, crowds, crying children. The Geneva Convention has outlawed such punishment to be used on prisoners of war, yet parents around the world are subjected to this indignity at the request of beguiled children.

After going to Disney a few times when my kids were younger, I told them Disney had closed and we went on actual vacations to National Parks, Europe, or the ocean. As adults, my kids realize that Disney is a very poor vacation choice compared to natural beauty destinations. One simply has to go to National Parks in the low volume times and then get out and hike to the remote parts of the parks. Scotland is a great choice for scenery in an area which is not crowded and offers a broad range of topography over relatively short distances.

Old 05-08-2021, 07:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Disney World is a parental nightmare- crappy food, crowds, crying children. The Geneva Convention has outlawed such punishment to be used on prisoners of war, yet parents around the world are subjected to this indignity at the request of beguiled children.

After going to Disney a few times when my kids were younger, I told them Disney had closed and we went on actual vacations to National Parks, Europe, or the ocean. As adults, my kids realize that Disney is a very poor vacation choice compared to natural beauty destinations. One simply has to go to National Parks in the low volume times and then get out and hike to the remote parts of the parks. Scotland is a great choice for scenery in an area which is not crowded and offers a broad range of topography over relatively short distances.
We got it. Disney is not your cup of tea.

That said, your opinion of them as a vacation spot has nothing to do with the fact that they are elevating blacks above whites, and telling whitey not to question how blacks feel. Why can’t whites push back against this anti-white indoctrination going on, and are told instead to keep their mouths shut?

Old 05-08-2021, 08:22 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
We got it. Disney is not your cup of tea.

That said, your opinion of them as a vacation spot has nothing to do with the fact that they are elevating blacks above whites, and telling whitey not to question how blacks feel. Why can’t whites push back against this anti-white indoctrination going on, and are told instead to keep their mouths shut?
also, far more of their income probably derives from their cartoons/movies/streaming/licensing than from amusement parks.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:32 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So you want hostile work environments then, because that is what you get through what you want. People like you want businesses to be bankrupt because you seem to think that the workplace can't be accidentally racist if not outright racist.
I'm white. I've worked in a few places that had a pretty even split between black and white people, some majority black. I've gone to schools that fit the same description. I've lived in a mixed-race neighborhood, basically black and white. I don't know what the hell you and the people who design these programs are talking about. Seeing that you live in some exurb of Phoenix, I wonder if you know what you're talking about.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:35 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I do actually like going to Disney and there are several. A co-worker of mine is there right now and I'm going in a few weeks. I think your Geneva Convention comment is hyperbole and way off-base. And don't get me wrong, I am not a blind Disney fan-boy. I do complain about things and do say Universal Hollywood is awesome. Then again I'm a movie guy and complained about Great Movie Ride closing down in Disney Hollywood Studios Park...

The food is ok to great, depending where you go. Disney has made some leap and bounds into food in the last five years. Namely Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. The fast-food personal pan pizzas are entirely meh and pizza by the slice is over-priced. The burgers I think you need to get specialized. The hot dogs are hot dogs are hot dogs and I'd suggest like the burgers, getting specialized. I'll be in Disney World this time next month and the last time I made it a point to get only one burger the entire trip and did it. This time due to a few more sitdown reservations, I'll be doing less quick service options. Sitdown service is better, but often times gets a little more expensive than they should be, especially the buffets (some are worse than others.) Disneyland IMHO has been better at variety than Disney.

My family has no young children at the moment. For Disney World, I wouldn't take a child under 8. Enough that you can walk them. This means they can and should be able to ride most, if not all rides and not be too old for most.

I lived on Long Island so going to the ocean wasn't that much of a splurge. I didn't like Jones Beach. Point Lookout and Lido were better local beaches. Jones is too tourist.

I've been to a few national parks and it ain't me. Niagara Falls is just a falls. It is a see it and you're done. Unless you want to go on a boat. Grand Canyon is interesting, but I don't value as much as going to a Disney park.

I haven't been internationally, but want to go at somepoint and not just to the international Disney parks...

Honestly, I don't knock where people go to vacation. It is their money and what they want to do, is up to them. I don't get why you have to act like a total vacation gate-keeper.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:36 AM

362 posts, read 143,941 times
Anyone who doesn't see that this is all manufactured is blind and deluded. I will keep the rest of my comments to myself. Lord knows who's really responsible for the reason a lot of black people face bs.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:36 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
.. because to question indoctrination would be....'rrraaaacist!!'

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/st...28488949518337
It is amazing to me that people need to be told not to question someone else's lived experience. Its common sense people. If I tell you something that happened to me and how I perceived that has nothing to do with you unless I ask you what you think about it. Y'all feral.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:42 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It is amazing to me that people need to be told not to question someone else's lived experience. Its common sense people. If I tell you something that happened to me and how I perceived that has nothing to do with you unless I ask you what you think about it. Y'all feral.
This doesn't really sound like talk that should be going on in a workplace. Unless it's a private conversation with someone who you know well and trust.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
you'll take my opinion and like it.
or not. I don't care either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies